The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

ABC May get a Live Action Star Wars tv show.

gabarooni

What you failed to mention is that there are absolutely no plans to do this the head of ABC has said they haven't even sat down with the Lucasfilm folks yet to even begin to discuss what projects if any they can work together on. I wouldn't mind having the show but it is way to early to say anything is coming.

What you failed to mention is that there are absolutely no plans to do this the head of ABC has said they haven't even sat down with the Lucasfilm folks yet to even begin to discuss what projects if any they can work together on. I wouldn't mind having the show but it is way to early to say anything is coming.

ABC is owned by Disney.

Lucasfilm is owned by Disney

Lucasfilm has wanted to do a live action star wars series for about 5 or 6 years now.

ABC has a poor line up for shows and is getting killed in the ratings

Disney is all about building a Trans media empire.

Disney is already having Marvel work on a S.H.I.E.L.D. live action show for ABC.

so yeah this is happenning oh and Called it back when Disney bought Lucasfilm

Edited by sstanks

Sorry I figured the word "May" in the title summed that up lol

The comments were vague at best; it's mostly ABC not ruling it out, saying if Lucasfilm comes up with a good offer, they'll consider it. Really, I'll believe it when I see it. There's no guarantee that a Star Wars TV series would rate well, but it is guaranteed to be expensive to make.

The comments were vague at best; it's mostly ABC not ruling it out, saying if Lucasfilm comes up with a good offer, they'll consider it. Really, I'll believe it when I see it. There's no guarantee that a Star Wars TV series would rate well, but it is guaranteed to be expensive to make.

Seems to me they could make one that I would enjoy with the same kind of effects that they used in the 70's and I know that just about Every show now a days has better effects then that. So I don't see why it would have to cost a boat load of money.

I can only imagine how badly a SW series would be, or a Marvel series for that matter. On top of that, it would cost a damn fortune with all the special effects and CGI they would need.

do you not watch television? T.V. shows now are just as good if not better then Hollywood blockbusters.

Well George Lucas wanted to do a TV show and put a lot of research into it. It seemed viable in a lot of ways, but he personally insisted on a crazy high budget per episode. Now that George has moved on, it actually is very much time to consider this again. The whole idea would be to have the same universe and feel of the movies without blowing up a death star every episode.

Already Been Cancelled. One season, maybe, of it ever happens.

I'm still mad at abc for telling me LOST wasn't purgatory then making it....purgatory

Umm, Lost didn't tell you anything. They left it vague intentionally so that it could be whatever you want it to be and they could say they never broke their promises since they never officially came out with an answer.

ABC is owned by Disney.

Lucasfilm is owned by Disney

Lucasfilm has wanted to do a live action star wars series for about 5 or 6 years now.

ABC has a poor line up for shows and is getting killed in the ratings

Disney is all about building a Trans media empire.

Disney is already having Marvel work on a S.H.I.E.L.D. live action show for ABC.

so yeah this is happenning oh and Called it back when Disney bought Lucasfilm

I'm not sure how this is bringing you to a conclusion that you have arrived at. They are still separate and distinct corporations. Until official word is releases, one cannot speculate based on a common parent company alone.

It is just one of those things where people get a little too excited for it based on nothing. I MAY get a new job tomorrow but the chance is about none since I haven't even started looking for one. :)

I would tend to agree with this. We see it here quiet often.