Stop complaining about stun bubble...

JidaiDerriphan

Um no, not it does not. I've done it plenty of times and never once have I received any healing from it. Sorry, but you're wrong.

Dude. you are completely wrong. And I don't know why you are defending your lack of knowledge. I'm sorry. but run a parse to prove it to yourself.

Edited by Drazzen

Bubbles definitely do count as healing, and everyone playing a sorc is going to disagree with you here because this is a fact.

As for people still whining about the stun bubble- if we're going to get such a massive nerf of having it not work on allies, we're going to need massive buffs to other things in return or it's back to nothing but operative healers once again.

Why, you're not supposed to be "healing" in that class. Why should it work on allies?

I havent LOL'd this hard in a while thanks OP.

I ru bubble stun spec and will do so when they nerf it for the mobility and survivability. the aeo heal in pvp is marginal and if you are playing any kind of competant team they wont let you get the cast off anyways. taking that 31 point aoe heal just makes you that much more of a turret healer.

my 2 cents.

Not actually. That 100k healing your seeing is from a hybrid DPS Sorcerer healing themselves. I know, I average 120k healing a match with Unnatural Preservation, MedPaks, with Dark Heal and Infusion. On the rare occasion will I be able to channel a heal on a teammate, when the opportunity presents itself for me to do so. The only thing Static Barrier does is absorb a buttload of damage. It is a stretch to call that a heal, you do not receive any points towards medals for Static Barrier or Force Armor.

Bubbles are heals not protection. Learn your class.

Hello, my main is a sorcerer and I've played since beta, let me explain why people need to stop complaining...

People claim sorc healers are hybriding heals/bubble, and this makes them super OP, however there is no way the skill tree can even get both revivification and backlash, really if you think a true healing sorc is going to give up something that can be placed all the time over something that as a healing sorc honestly I only use a maybe 8 times a minute(3 of which would be on myself). The reason is if you're a healer you need Line of Sight, and there is a debuff applied to players who have received the bubble(can be improved to only a 17 second debuff). Do people assume someone really wants to run around the whole match checking for the debuff and so that their teammates can have literally the lowest stun in the game? Sorry I'm a team player but there is no way I'm sacrificing all of my own fun to do that, let alone the the fact you give up a much better team utility(the group heal). I would never do bubble stun spec as a healer, if there is a bubblestun healer who can tell me how giving up your best heal to hybrid would be more efficient go ahead and post stats, I know for a fact you couldn't put heal me in that spec and pretty sure your damage would be maybe slightly higher from the lightning talents you pick up. Also, for pure lightning spec I don't think backlash is an issue as they wouldn't be putting bubbles on teammates a whole lot unless hybriding, in which case they'd give up more dps. I'd like to point out I'm talking about overall efficiency, what you give up to get. Heal spec you would have to give up AoE heal and dps you'd have to act like a healer at times and sacrifice dps. Also, there is no incentive to put bubbles on people, guarding people gives points, healing people gives points, bubbles are not heals they're damage prevention and give no points, so especially in pugs people should worry about stun bubble heals, for the same reason up to this last match people didn't guard pylons because there were no defender points. Why sacrifice my fun so my team can have a 2 second stun, in a pug id almost rather them take damage so I can heal points...

An aoe heal is situational and not all that hot in pvp. Simply put it encourages people to group together (not a good idea with all the smashers around), and most people never stand in it anyway. Stun bubbles more useful to your team right now, until they nerf it of course.

Really? Explain why I have never received any healing points from my Static Barrier.

I do. With my 50 sage I will get my 2.5k heal medal just by putting it on teammates as we run into a Huttball match, and I am full balance. And even on my little level 17 sorc, I regularly finish the match with 30k healing, when I know I only healed myself a couple times to the tune of maybe 10k total.

Why, you're not supposed to be "healing" in that class. Why should it work on allies?

Umm... yes you're supposed to be healing as a sorc, what are you talking about? They didn't nerf our dps trees into the ground because they wanted us to play as dps- that role was wiped clean with 1.2.

Are you referring to specs? Guess what- full lightning spec is useless and nobody takes it in pvp. Full healing spec is marred with a terrible resource management system due to how much damage consumption does to you- so even before bubble stun appeared healers were already speccing into lightning simply for the better force management.

If you want the bubble stun moved to the healing tree so it's in a healing spec- I'm sure people would be quite happy with that- though it makes lightning even more worthless, I don't think anyone would notice another spec breaking nerf.

All in all though- the stun bubble is one really annoying ability that makes an otherwise UP class have an important role in RWZ. Until they boost us elsewhere, the stun bubble is the only thing keeping us in rated... without it, we might as well be mercs.

global cooldown = 1.5 seconds... cast time of bubble in a hybrid spec = instant. 8 players * 1.5 = 12 seconds or 10.5 seconds total cast time starting at point zero

Debuff = 17 seconds

Do you see where i'm going with this? You can cast a bubble on every *********** teammate and just tab bubble. It's game breaking dude. It's absolutely retarded to even try and defend this ****. If one side has a bubbler and the other side does not.. the side without the bubbler will do anywhere from half to 1/3rd their standard DPS. That's how game breaking it is.

this x100

Umm... yes you're supposed to be healing as a sorc, what are you talking about? They didn't nerf our dps trees into the ground because they wanted us to play as dps- that role was wiped clean with 1.2.

Are you referring to specs? Guess what- full lightning spec is useless and nobody takes it in pvp. Full healing spec is marred with a terrible resource management system due to how much damage consumption does to you- so even before bubble stun appeared healers were already speccing into lightning simply for the better force management.

If you want the bubble stun moved to the healing tree so it's in a healing spec- I'm sure people would be quite happy with that- though it makes lightning even more worthless, I don't think anyone would notice another spec breaking nerf.

All in all though- the stun bubble is one really annoying ability that makes an otherwise UP class have an important role in RWZ. Until they boost us elsewhere, the stun bubble is the only thing keeping us in rated... without it, we might as well be mercs.

Bah i meant the spec not the class. the middle tree is not a heal tree.

i dont understand why the stun effect was ever allowed to apply to bubbles on allies?

i completely get why it is needed on the sorc/sage that is casting it. it helps against melee opponents, etc etc

but why do they need to be able to create a bubble stun army? i cannot see how a dev would think that would be a good idea if they had actually tested in a real/semi-real environment. unless it was just a side-effect of not thinking out an idea 100%, in which case why has it taken this long to rectify? the coding certainly would not be complicated

• Like 1

Hello, my main is a sorcerer and I've played since beta, let me explain why people need to stop complaining...

People claim sorc healers are hybriding heals/bubble, and this makes them super OP, however there is no way the skill tree can even get both revivification and backlash, really if you think a true healing sorc is going to give up something that can be placed all the time over something that as a healing sorc honestly I only use a maybe 8 times a minute(3 of which would be on myself). The reason is if you're a healer you need Line of Sight, and there is a debuff applied to players who have received the bubble(can be improved to only a 17 second debuff). Do people assume someone really wants to run around the whole match checking for the debuff and so that their teammates can have literally the lowest stun in the game? Sorry I'm a team player but there is no way I'm sacrificing all of my own fun to do that, let alone the the fact you give up a much better team utility(the group heal). I would never do bubble stun spec as a healer, if there is a bubblestun healer who can tell me how giving up your best heal to hybrid would be more efficient go ahead and post stats, I know for a fact you couldn't put heal me in that spec and pretty sure your damage would be maybe slightly higher from the lightning talents you pick up. Also, for pure lightning spec I don't think backlash is an issue as they wouldn't be putting bubbles on teammates a whole lot unless hybriding, in which case they'd give up more dps. I'd like to point out I'm talking about overall efficiency, what you give up to get. Heal spec you would have to give up AoE heal and dps you'd have to act like a healer at times and sacrifice dps. Also, there is no incentive to put bubbles on people, guarding people gives points, healing people gives points, bubbles are not heals they're damage prevention and give no points, so especially in pugs people should worry about stun bubble heals, for the same reason up to this last match people didn't guard pylons because there were no defender points. Why sacrifice my fun so my team can have a 2 second stun, in a pug id almost rather them take damage so I can heal points...

I played this game since early access so I guess I am not as experience as you, but I don't need two points in bubble stun to play my class effectively. Its garbage. PVP is suppose to be dynamic, that encourages players to get skill. How easy mode can you go by implementing a bubble stun that virtually locks down the opposition to a stand still while some cherry picker picks them off one by one. So is pvp now suppose to be about who has got the better stuns, who can slow down pvp the most?

I have never played wow but when I go on youtube and see how smooth and dynamic their pvp is compared to our stun infested pvp, I can't help but feel a tiny bit jealous. Seriously Blizzard you need to teach BW a thing or two about PVP. For example, it's weird BW fixes the sages knock back to improve PVP only to OP their already annoying bubble stun that virtually every sage or sorc has learned to expoit to slow down pvp even more.

In the words of Obi Wan. "God job"!

Edited by Targarion

i dont understand why the stun effect was ever allowed to apply to bubbles on allies?

i completely get why it is needed on the sorc/sage that is casting it. it helps against melee opponents, etc etc

but why do they need to be able to create a bubble stun army? i cannot see how a dev would think that would be a good idea if they had actually tested in a real/semi-real environment. unless it was just a side-effect of not thinking out an idea 100%, in which case why has it taken this long to rectify? the coding certainly would not be complicated

Perhaps it's the latter of the two.

Speak for yourself. I have seen a lot of people play that class effectively. I can burn down a jugg or marauder with my sage on telek, without the bubble stun.

So is pvp now suppose to be about who has got the better stuns, who can slow down pvp the most?

Well, yes, actually. In 1v1s with my sage, my entire goal is to slow the pace of the fight down. The longer it goes, the more my HoTs, DoTs, stuns, and other CDs work to my advantage, and the more likely I am to win. I will lose a quick fight every time. Even with group combat where leaping smash monkeys are all the rage, slowing down the carnage is not a bad thing.

I'm all for reducing the amount of CC in PvP, including my bubble stun, but only in the context of other balance changes that doesn't result in one PT, 6 smash juggs, and one op healer being the ideal group composition.

I decided to go back to full healer in response to the incoming nerf. I think the people crying about the stun bubbles are going to have a "careful what you wish for moment". The healing from a full spec Seer is drastically better than I thought. You give up way too much to get that stupid stun. I'll never go back even if they don't nerf it.

Hello, my main is a sorcerer and I've played since beta, let me explain why people need to stop complaining....

Riiiight.......

Anyways,, Back to reality. People complain because they aren't any fun to play against. They are one of the biggest fun suckers in this game presently. That's why people complain. This will never ever stop. Ever.

As long as they suck the fun out of playing, Bubble stuns will be considered another dev fail by the majority of the community until the devs find a different way to make bubble stuns work for Sorcerers. Bubble stuns are like playing at 0-9 fps......all....match......long.

Riiiight.......

Anyways,, Back to reality. People complain because they aren't any fun to play against. They are one of the biggest fun suckers in this game presently. That's why people complain. This will never ever stop. Ever.

As long as they suck the fun out of playing, Bubble stuns will be considered another dev fail by the majority of the community until the devs find a different way to make bubble stuns work for Sorcerers. Bubble stuns are like playing at 0-9 fps......all....match......long.

People have been saying the same thing about marauder root locks through resolve, and facing the absurd defensives and damage of marauders in general for months now- not fun to face a class doing double your burst damage, who isn't taking any damage, jumping all over, stealthing, moving extra fast, etc... and getting some of the top group utility on top of having so much damage and mitigation.

Marauders have been the biggest fun suckers in the game since 1.2- nobody likes taking two steps, being leap smashed, another step, leap root ravage root throw executed, etc... either.

Basically all you're saying is- what makes the game unfun for melee classes is a huge issue that BW needs to address right now- but what has been making the game unfun for certain classes for well over half a year still isn't something that needs to be addressed.

People have been saying the same thing about marauder root locks through resolve, and facing the absurd defensives and damage of marauders in general for months now- not fun to face a class doing double your burst damage, who isn't taking any damage, jumping all over, stealthing, moving extra fast, etc... and getting some of the top group utility on top of having so much damage and mitigation.

Marauders have been the biggest fun suckers in the game since 1.2- nobody likes taking two steps, being leap smashed, another step, leap root ravage root throw executed, etc... either.

Basically all you're saying is- what makes the game unfun for melee classes is a huge issue that BW needs to address right now- but what has been making the game unfun for certain classes for well over half a year still isn't something that needs to be addressed.

They really do need a vote up button on posts here. I would just follow you around and vote up. They should offer you a PVP Dev job, you have a better understanding of balance than they do.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the bubbles do count towards healing. That's why you can get a DPS sage/sorc with 250k damage and 100k healing in a wz when that sage/sorc never actually cast anything.

No its because the self heals from dots, learn2play.

No its because the self heals from dots, learn2play.

You're the one who's in need of some learning here, so listen up. Static Barrier counts as healing when it absorbs damage. It's been tried and tested on multiple occasions and on every one of them they've come up as healing. That does not mean that part of said healing isn't from DoT critical hits as well.

But please, stop propagating false information regarding abilities. I can still remember those "10k Static Barrier" threads that was floating around..

Edited by jizerai

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.