If you could add one quick UI feature, what would it be?

Anosa

A better proc notification system.

Right now many advance classes have to rely on seeing the tiny weeny buff icon above their character frame in order to know when an ability procs.

The laugh for PTs/VGs is a really nice feature, but there are many other ACs and procs that give no audio or even visual cue.

Just being able to modify the size of the buff icons on the character frame would be a step in the right direction.

oh proc color change would be awesome too .... i know right now white is physical and yellow is force/tech ... but it would be nice iff you could choose color for ticks and procs so you could better figure out there usefulness ... some dread guard relics look great and others really suck bigtime ... only way to know for sure is to see the changes directly which is hard to do in fountian dps form.

1. not everything, by far. in fact, only ability to browse your alts is an addon exclusive feature that I know of.

2. just because other developers would rather rely on unreliable nature of addons doesn't make it a good, or desirable thing.

I agree .. i am completely against player developed add-ons because good programers (being an MCPD myself) will find ways to trick the game code into letting them cheat. We already see this with mouse leaders for space combat (you do the quest once and the program will mimic mouse movements and let you never do space combat again on your own) and all the pvp hacks.

i think already they have too much add-on crap that they could just add to UI features and eliminate all the third party. For instance we have dps logging option ... for many guilds this is a requirement for raiding HMs. Why not just add a threat meter and a dps meter to the game rather then have everyone using MoX or MoniTOR?

but this goes back to my hate that there is no chat engine in this game. Even with a chat engine people still use vent, teamspeak, mumble for guild chat .... but in laid chat engine makes it easier for pugging and getting to know your community. This will encrouage more grouping and pugging and encourage more F2P to subscribe as well.... its what made F2P in DDO so successful talking with subscribers not in general where everyone is a smart behind ... but in person during FPs and raids joinning guilds and experiencing the game from the best possible situation rather then only see the "you have to download vent or you cant play" or the "god damd noobs" side of things. And also helps vets realize not all F2P are noob 10 year olds ... alot of them are long time MMO vets that still play one or even TWO other MMOs.

Ah lol LOL! Buff/Debuff zoom slider. I want this yesterday!!! :mad: :mad: :rak_01:

Heh, or this:

I'd make my debuffs twice as large as everyone else's so I could keep track of which dot was mine easier.

:)

Edited by Glower

Just one is too limiting :) ill add my vote for all the ideas here but player addons. double support for a save UI feature...having to set up the UI again for every new toon makes me want to punch kittens. now, My own one that hasn't been added to the list yet:

Streamline Mail system. cursor should automatically be in name field. last name used should be auto-filled. It should track previous names used like it does guild members. and the sendmail window should not close once you've sent a mail (or default back to inbox). It's very irritating to have to reclick the send window every time i want to send more then one mail.

Oh yeah....customizable and moveable windows that don't default to two positions on screen (and switch back and forth to confuse us). along with this customization, the UI needs to save our setup when we move them so we don't have to move them again every time they open.

Great ideas folks, keep em coming in.

Just one is too limiting :) ill add my vote for all the ideas here but player addons. double support for a save UI feature...having to set up the UI again for every new toon makes me want to punch kittens. now, My own one that hasn't been added to the list yet:

Streamline Mail system. cursor should automatically be in name field. last name used should be auto-filled. It should track previous names used like it does guild members. and the sendmail window should not close once you've sent a mail (or default back to inbox). It's very irritating to have to reclick the send window every time i want to send more then one mail.

Oh yeah....customizable and moveable windows that don't default to two positions on screen (and switch back and forth to confuse us). along with this customization, the UI needs to save our setup when we move them so we don't have to move them again every time they open.

Great ideas folks, keep em coming in.

The second to last paragraph: most of this is already in the game. You need to check "enable movable secondary window" in the interface editor. I end up stacking my preview window, my character window, my inventory and the GTN window a lot. My warzone pop up window has been in the same place since the UI editing was introduced so I can see it in the background when I'm alt-tabbed.

As far as the first paragraph, I'm not sure if you're talking about keybindings or UI, but you can save and load UIs from the Interface Editor.

Keymap import/export.
^ This would be the biggest thing for me, along with a way to tie keybind mapping to a particular UI layout.

As mentioned before, the ability to control buff/debuff sizing/placement would be very welcome as well.

Hey all,

if you had the choice to pick one quick UI feature to add to the game, what would you choose??

I think id pick view last login for guild members, how about you? :D

LUA Skin-ability... that way people could do full featured mods that don't revolve around neon blue lines..