PVP Set Bonus for PVE?

ScytheEleven

So I found out the hard way that just because you have the Battlemaster armor shells, doesn't mean that you'll get that set bonus. I pulled out all my Battlemaster mods (I never PVP anymore), and then extracted all my mods/armorings from my PVE gear (full campaign with a nice dose of Dread Gaurd). I spent around 250k extracting stuff, only to find out that my Campaign Armorings override the PVP set bonus. Whoops.

Is there any workaround to this? The only alternative I can see is actually buying or crafting Reflex Armorings 26/27 that don't have a set bonus attached to them. Kinda sucks, really really want that 15% critical chance for RS while raiding :p

No, you have seen the only way it can work.

Same applies if someone wants to take PVE shells into PVP, they need to mod it with offhand/belt/bracer armourings.

Debatable if 15% crit on railshot outdoes 8% damage plus lower CD on EF.

Its better but only marginal. 2 min CD on EF is fin, cause then u line it up with clixky relic.

Speaking of set bonus.......I have a question

Is a 15% crit on rail shot better than a 5% damge when guarding?

My PVP gear and specs are a hybrid. 96 acc 31 crit 70 crit mult. 12 def 34 shield 34 absorb.

I so far have 3 pieces of each bonus type and just wanted to know if the rotational 15% crit does more damage than a constant 5% damage. I know a lot of people dont like hybrids but I find it to be a fun and effective play style for me.

Any feedback would be apreciated.

Is there any workaround to this? The only alternative I can see is actually buying or crafting Reflex Armorings 26/27 that don't have a set bonus attached to them. Kinda sucks, really really want that 15% critical chance for RS while raiding :p

You need to have the Advanced Reflex Armoring 27's crafted for you by a Cybertech - or craft them yourself if you have the pattern. You get the exact same stats as a set armoring 27, but without the restrictions on equipment slot and without the set bonuses overriding the shell.

The PVP set bonus roughly breaks down to 200 more dps on a sheet if I remember right . But Taking the EF cd IMO is far superior with the current bis relics. Keep the 4 set pve just min/max and top meters.

200? Doubtful. Maybe you mean 20? Tho I think its closer to 10.

And please explain what you mean by that on EF. I usually delay EF to use it at the same time as relic(and intentionally overheat and then vent back), so not getting much out of reduced cool down on it.

200? Doubtful. Maybe you mean 20? Tho I think its closer to 10.

And please explain what you mean by that on EF. I usually delay EF to use it at the same time as relic(and intentionally overheat and then vent back), so not getting much out of reduced cool down on it.

Yes, i added an extra zero to that it was supposed to be 20 it was pretty late :p. Around 10 dps would be more accurate in game . Of course you always want to line up your FE/relic/adrenal. Unfortunately not all fights end at the perfect time, I would rather have EF for the last 15 seconds of the fight then not have it at all. Which IMO makes the 2 set from the pve trump the 10-20 dps added from the pvp 4 set.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, i added an extra zero to that it was supposed to be 20 it was pretty late :p. Around 10 dps would be more accurate in game . Of course you always want to line up your FE/relic/adrenal. Unfortunately not all fights end at the perfect time, I would rather have EF for the last 15 seconds of the fight then not have it at all. Which IMO makes the 2 set from the pve trump the 10-20 dps added from the pvp 4 set.

Assuming you don't get an extra Explosive fuel off, the eliminator bonus will put up around 8% more rail shot damage according to my math. Here was my logic:

Combat Tech: +8% damage to rail shot

Eliminator: +15% rail shot critical chance

Rail shot's crit multiplier is around 106% (Surge + Buff from tree)

An extra 15% of the time you will do an extra 106% rail shot damage = ~16% more rail shot damage

16%-8%= 8%

My rail shot does about 25%-30% of my total damage, so it is a little more than a 2% overall damage increase. Assuming you do around 2k dps with the combat tech bonus, that is an increase of 40 dps.

Assuming you don't get an extra Explosive fuel off, the eliminator bonus will put up around 8% more rail shot damage according to my math. Here was my logic:

Combat Tech: +8% damage to rail shot

Eliminator: +15% rail shot critical chance

Rail shot's crit multiplier is around 106% (Surge + Buff from tree)

An extra 15% of the time you will do an extra 106% rail shot damage = ~16% more rail shot damage

16%-8%= 8%

My rail shot does about 25%-30% of my total damage, so it is a little more than a 2% overall damage increase. Assuming you do around 2k dps with the combat tech bonus, that is an increase of 40 dps.

You have to factor in the base 40-ish% crit that you already have.

So with PVE Combat Tech (let's assume 35% crit for rail shot):

.65*1 + .35*2.06 (1=normal rail shot value, 2.06 = critted) =1.371* 1.08= 1.48

PVP Elim: Crit on rail shot now becomes 50%

.5*1 + .5*2.06 = 1.53

1.53/1.48 = 1.0338

So The PvP Elim is 3.38% better on rail shot than PvE Combat Tech

Apply this to roughly 30% of our damage: 1.014% overall DPS increase, and that gives us roughly a dps increase of 20.

It's better. But not gamebreakingly so.

You have to factor in the base 40-ish% crit that you already have.

So with PVE Combat Tech (let's assume 35% crit for rail shot):

.65*1 + .35*2.06 (1=normal rail shot value, 2.06 = critted) =1.371* 1.08= 1.48

PVP Elim: Crit on rail shot now becomes 50%

.5*1 + .5*2.06 = 1.53

1.53/1.48 = 1.0338

So The PvP Elim is 3.38% better on rail shot than PvE Combat Tech

Apply this to roughly 30% of our damage: 1.014% overall DPS increase, and that gives us roughly a dps increase of 20.

It's better. But not gamebreakingly so.

Yes, you are right. I didn't think of that. I assumed the rail shot damage was added after accounting for crit.

• 2 weeks later...