Analysis of the smashdemic

Yeochins

Taunts? Guards?

Thats a tank class, sorry bud.

You are trying to pigeon-whole an entire AC when there are multiple ACs with similar things...

Shadows have guard and taunts too, are they a tank class?

Edited by L-RANDLE

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are trying to pigeon-whole an entire AC when there are multiple ACs with similar things...

Shadows have guard and taunts too, are they a tank class?

If a class has a tank tree its a tank class. Regardless, this is semantics.

Smash is still op whether or not you call it a tank class or not.

Of 24 skill trees - 3 are tanking trees. It's not semantics. By your logic you'd be fine with smash as long as a pure DPS class had it... oh wait one does. You need to stop, no need to admit you are wrong, just stop.

So shadows ARE a tank class?................. :D

Yes and quite a few things in this game are OP'd... including the alt AC you happen to be rolling...

Nerf Guards; Buff Sent FTW? :D

Of 24 skill trees - 3 are tanking trees. It's not semantics. By your logic you'd be fine with smash as long as a pure DPS class had it... oh wait one does. You need to stop, no need to admit you are wrong, just stop.

Doesn't change the fact that smash is OP.

So you have a smasher/combat ataru spammer and an anti-smasher, but Guard/Juggs are an issue?

As Charter would say..

:rolleyes:

I don't play it much anymore but when I do I am watchman. Snipers are one of the most balances classes in the game.

Edited by JustinxDuff

A tank spec jugg is not a rage spec jugg. So no, a tank isn't getting the hardest hitting ability in game. :rolleyes:

For reference tank sins/shadows (with some DPS gear) can hit 5k on poorly geared toons with spinning strike.

There is no comparison with spinning strike.

1) You'd have to be in DPS stance for a 5k hit, not tank stance.

2) It would have to crit - it's not auto crit.

3) Spinning Strike is single target, not aoe.

4) It's an 'execute' ability - it only activates when the target is below 30% HP. Highly situational.

Spinning strike is a deadly ability, it's true. But when you see all those restrictions - which deserve to be there, given its potency - it makes it even harder to understand why smash is so easy to use in the game. I was fighting a Jugg last night and she spammed smash three times to my one spinning strike.

Edited by UltimateKrucible

4) It's an 'execute' ability - it only activates when the target is below 30% HP. Highly situational.

Spinning strike is a deadly ability, it's true. But when you see all those restrictions - which deserve to be there, given its potency - it makes it even harder to understand why smash is so easy to use in the game. I was fighting a Jugg last night and she spammed smash three times to my one spinning strike.

FP FTW? 2/3 autocrits.... every 90/75 secs..... on top of your standard crit chances.... um wat?

^ now that's one of the most hilarious pieces of nonsense I've seen on the forums. Someone spamming smash. Also yes 5k in tank stance on poorly geared players (as I said).

^ now that's one of the most hilarious pieces of nonsense I've seen on the forums. Someone spamming smash. Also yes 5k in tank stance on poorly geared players (as I said).

OK - I may have been exagerating with the number of times I was hit with it. But the rest of the post still stands. You cannot compare Spinning Strike with smash.

Also - 5k on poorly geared players

Smash will do 5k on toons in WH gear. What point are you trying to make here? Because it seems to me you've just undermined it.

OK - I may have been exagerating with the number of times I was hit with it. But the rest of the post still stands. You cannot compare Spinning Strike with smash.

Also - 5k on poorly geared players

Smash will do 5k on toons in WH gear. What point are you trying to make here? Because it seems to me you've just undermined it.

I wasn't comparing the two at all. If you read the thread you'd see the person I was talking to claimed that a tank jugg could use rage smash. My "for reference" was showing that the hard hitting tank in the game is sin/shadow. No need to be a troll, especially when you don't read the thread.

I wasn't comparing the two at all. If you read the thread you'd see the person I was talking to claimed that a tank jugg could use rage smash. My "for reference" was showing that the hard hitting tank in the game is sin/shadow. No need to be a troll, especially when you don't read the thread.

Sorry if I came across as a troll - but you did describe one line of my post as 'nonsense', so I'm entitled to be *****y.

But if you'd read it you'd see how I'm invalidating your argument. Shadows can hit hard, yes - but only with a vastly situational ability that does not compare to Smash.

Edited by UltimateKrucible

I'm sorry - I speak English. I have absolutely no idea what you are are trying to say. Why not run it through Google translate and come back to us?

lol?

FP=Force Potency->>>base consular talent 60% Force crit incease.

FTW= For the Win->>> i.e. most classes as some form of "autocrit". On reletively short CDs.

If you have a shadow, you should know these things.... They can out burst you in one global, but not in two or three...

The more people complain, the more it is clear, it's mostly a L2P issue, especially for classes with a cleanse....

lol?

FP=Force Potency->>>base consular talent 60% Force crit incease.

FTW= For the Win->>> i.e. most classes as some form of "autocrit". On reletively short CDs.

If you have a shadow, you should know these things.... They can out burst you in one global, but not in two or three...

The more people complain, the more it is clear, it's mostly a L2P issue, especially for classes with a cleanse....

Yes, yes ... I get you now. But it makes no difference as Spinning Strike cannot be used unless the oponent is at 30% hp.

So, basically, you're putting even more stumbling blocks in the way of a Smash-style hit from a Shadow than the ones I've outlined.

Care to undermine your argument further? The floor is yours...

Nerf Guards; Buff Sent FTW? :D

sounds legit and most likely what's gonna happen. Bioware will probably nerf the jugg rage tree while leaving the mara rage tree alone. Maybe they'll remove enrage from the jugg ac and give it to maras, then add that instant 4 stacks of shockwave talent to the mara rage tree. That would be funny.

Sorry if I came across as a troll - but you did describe one line of my post as 'nonsense', so I'm entitled to be *****y.

But if you'd read it you'd see how I'm invalidating your argument. Shadows can hit hard, yes - but only with a vastly situational ability that does not compare to Smash.

It was nonsense. I can't take someone seriously when they embellish like that.

Sure you can compare anything I say to whatever you want. Doesn't mean it makes sense. I'll point it out so we can stop hijacking this thread. Tank jugg's smash hits for about 1800 damage on a poorly geared toon, SS can hit for 5k on the same poorly geared toon. That was the reference I was making. You are saying, for whatever reason, that I was talking about rage smash. I was not.

You did not invalidate my argument because tank smash is not the same as rage smash.

Also SS isn't the hardest hitting attack for a shadow...

Edited by CharterMonkKent

aha, juggs also have a 5k finisher, vicious throw. Juggs have have an autocrit 5k+ smash vs rare 5k sin maul. Also, juggs have a consistent 5k+ vicious throw vs still more rare sin 5k+ assassinate, since the rage tree increases crit chance through tree talents automatically, I have like 30% crit chance on my jugg with 0 actual crit on any of my gear.

Yes, yes ... I get you now. But it makes no difference as Spinning Strike cannot be used unless the oponent is at 30% hp.

So, basically, you're putting even more stumbling blocks in the way of a Smash-style hit from a Shadow than the ones I've outlined.

Care to undermine your argument further? The floor is yours...

FP wouldn't be used for SS. You are missing his point. Which is auto-crit.

Edited by CharterMonkKent