Random Hard mode = not so random

Sandsz

Not sure how many other people experience this but i find there is seriously high volume of the amount of times i get Kaon Under Siege as random hard modes. I dont dislike this flash point, its a cool place but when you get it at least 3-5 times a week from group finder it starts getting tiresome. I do random HM on 4 different charachters so i notice it a LOT. Dont get me wrong i do get other places but out of the 28 hms i do a week probably about 20 of those are Kaon under siege. Lots of people in my guild have mentioned this as well as im sure others have.

What does this mean? it means you have to spend extra time to do additional hard modes to try and get the flash point weekly completed and being the longest of all the flash points (imo at least) it just turns out to be a massive time sink so you dont get time to do other things like pvp or level another alt. As i said, i dont mind the place personally but when you never seem to get any of the others very often, it starts to feel less like a "random Hard mode"and more like a "random Kaon Under Siege".

A lot of times, you can struggle getting the weekly done because it doesnt give credit towards the flash point weekly and with the amount of flash points i myself do a week, having to do more because of this gets depressing.

So what i am asking is this

Can we possibly make it so that Kaon gives credit towards the weekly flashpoint mission AND/OR do something to make it so u dont get Kaon as often as i have been?

also

Dare i even ask to try and make some of the low level flash points into hard modes to perhaps reduce the chances of repeatedly getting the same Flash Points too much ie Athiss, Hammer station, Red reaper etc

Hint hint, something for a new patch perhaps b4 the expansion comes out :p

/discuss

Edited by Sandsz

I think actually that it needs to be made a little harder so that it can be grouped with LI instead of the rest. One of my annoyances is that it doesn't share the weekly with the rest of that group but it is in the same group for the GF.

But there is something to the randomness. You see, some people want to do certain FP's and join the GF just for that one. It means they don't get BH comms but they might not care about those. When HK came out all of a sudden it seemed like every random FP was Foundry. People need a HK part from there.

It does seem though that I usually get BP/Foundry or BoI/FE usually depending on the week and sometimes KuS. I haven't had D7 or BT trigger from the GF in ages for example.

But yeh I do agree that more FP's are welcome.

I think actually that it needs to be made a little harder so that it can be grouped with LI instead of the rest. One of my annoyances is that it doesn't share the weekly with the rest of that group but it is in the same group for the GF.

this i would be happy with personally

The randomizer in this game isn't so random. Same can be said about WZ's from my experience. If I do 28 of those, 20 would be Buttball.

Yeah this. I hate huttball.

I too wish they would make Hard Modes out fo the other flashpoints. Hammer Station would be awesome as a HM.

I'd be inclined to agree with the notion of making Kaon harder and bumping it properly into tier 2.

I'd also love to see some of the FP's that don't have a heroic counterpart added.

With respect to the issue of how the group finder compiles groups based on peoples selections..... I think it would be reasonable to alter the conditions for getting the comms so if you only unticked one FP on the groupfinder screen, you could still collect the comms.

I reckon this would help the people who're fed up with Kaon avoid it and still get the weekly etc done with minimal fuss.

It would certainly as far as I can see be easier to implement than rebalancing Kaon.....

I'd be inclined to agree with the notion of making Kaon harder and bumping it properly into tier 2.

I'd also love to see some of the FP's that don't have a heroic counterpart added.

With respect to the issue of how the group finder compiles groups based on peoples selections..... I think it would be reasonable to alter the conditions for getting the comms so if you only unticked one FP on the groupfinder screen, you could still collect the comms.

I reckon this would help the people who're fed up with Kaon avoid it and still get the weekly etc done with minimal fuss.

It would certainly as far as I can see be easier to implement than rebalancing Kaon.....

I don't think 1 should get the comms. It's my opinion. However, I don't think it should require all to be checked either. A simple majority selected should get the comms. Then you can have a narrowed selection while still being somewhat random.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

Not sure I understand. I've been at 50 right at a month now and each week I have gotten the weekly without issue and I uncheck the FPs after I do each one. Granted that just means I uncheck two before doing the third, but it has worked without issue.

That said I have never popped on KUS, I tend to get Battle of Illum more than anything.

Just because you're queued for all flashpoints doesn't mean everyone in the group was. Kaon is part of the rackghoul weekly. Someone who has LI done and also their random fp for the day will queue for just kaon to clear out their weekly.

I assume the reason that you get kaon more than not is because many people like myself only do the weekly kaon + lost island fp mission. So I use group finder selecting only lost island hm, then after that is complete I filter the selections on the tier 1 for only Kaon.

I know my whole guild does the same thing, so it makes sense that if you didn't filter the selections but the other people in queue did filter to just Kaon that you would have a higher number of "random" selections to Kaon.

I can say this has absolutely not been true on my server. I almost never get Kaon as a random, but I almost always get BP or Foundry, occasionally D7, almost never BT anymore.

What you have to realize is that not everyone is queuing random. What I would guess is that on your server a lot of people are selecting only Kaon/LI to do the weekly rack ghoul where as on my server a lot of poeple are only doing BP/Foundry to get HK parts.

The more people are single queuing for one instance over another is going throw the numbers for all the people queuing for 100% random because they will be more likely to queue with those ones looking for target fps.

As far as Kaon being a Teir 2, eh. It's not as hard as LI (though LI isn't as hard as LI used to be). The trash is actually harder on Kaon then the bosses. But they should do one of the following (either would be fine with me):

A. Move Kaon to Tier 2 as suggested.

B. Leave Kaon as Tier 1 but allow it to count towards the 3 fp weekly and 1 fp daily.

I tend to get Battle Of Ilum or Boarding Party as my mains whenever grouping up for a random in GF (for my dialy rewards) If I do however get Kaon Under Seige and its with a bunch of none kitted out peeps.. then I immediately quit the group then re-q after the cooldown.. Kaon is the only HM I try not to do with pugs expecially under kitted ones or ones not knowing what to do. At one point like the OP I got got it almost all the time but the past month or so its decreased rapdly and now like I stated at the start I normall get the other two

Semi off topic...I love Black Talon and the speed it can be done by and the fact if anyone leaves it can still be done... but I hate that id does'nt give you the choice to return to your current state... its either Dromund Kaas or the Fleet...

Normally on my Jugg when Im in a Q for a random im use my QT to Black hole to pass the time like you do, BT pops up and I do the HM.. then.. because Ive used up my QT I have to go through the aggonising loading screens and travel issue to get back to BH.. im just thankful you dont have to actually go to Corellia anymore (planet) just the orbital station and seclect BH on the shuttle

Just because you're queued for all flashpoints doesn't mean everyone in the group was. Kaon is part of the rackghoul weekly. Someone who has LI done and also their random fp for the day will queue for just kaon to clear out their weekly.

this, i get taral v / false emperor / iluim most of the time when i queue for bh comms. these are the quickest to complete.

Edited by itsmymillertime

I'm actually glad I get KUS most of the time. I only run one GF FP a day and I only do 2 or 3 a week. It's nice that I can get KUS on the first day and then just queue for tier 2 the next day and get the weekly knocked out.

I'd certainly agree that while I don't have any metrics (hint, wow style personal statistics in game would be nice), I do seem to get Kaon far more than other hard-mode flashpoints.

I tend to do around 12-15 FP a week via the group finder across four characters, I'd say getting Kaon 4-5 times wouldn't be uncommon.

The main fix I'd like to see would be for Kaon to count against the weekly 3 HM FP quest - I see no reason that either LI or Kaon shouldn't count for this.

It would also be nice if:

- they fixed the latency in Kaon, it doesn't appear to just be me who has 0.5 seconds latency on all of their actions in Kaon only, being fine elsewhere.

- they fixed the random insta-deaths when a screamer knocks you back into the scenery and the game believes you are trying to exploit an encounter.

Point is you need kaon for weekly. So a lot of people manually select kaon after they did their "random" flashpoint. So when they pick manual kaon and there's not a lot of people queuing you "randomly" get put into the manual kaon group. So for you it still counts as random.

Yea... it really depends on what peeps are queuing up manually, how many instances of those are available, etc. So, yes, it is random, but when there is predominately more of one fp instance than an other then it may not seem so random.

I remember about a month ago or so I would seemingly got Maelstrom every time because everyone was going for the HK part.

Edited by Rafaman

I think they might tweak some new HM or make some existing hardmodes nightmare or something with the expansion.

But yes, my repeat is Kaon Under Seige in it's probably the most annoying one of all. I think they do have something broken because it often exceeds what you'd except in a random pick even considering a streak of bad luck. With other things that don't work properly it's not a hard thing to consider.