The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I think I will be bored very soon

Alendraa

After reading the state of the game and what is planned for the "elder" game, I think I will not buy a new subscription,

I really enjoyed the class stories and that why I play SWTOR with a subscription.

Got 2 chars at 50 and I really dont want to play them much. Its so boring to do dailies or do FP's again and again.

New Operations, new Flashpoints, new difficulty modes, new PvP areas?

Grinding FPs and dailies? Thats it? More grinding for gear?

It need more much more then that to keep me interested. I preorded the digital addon, but if it doesnt deliver satifying content, I will move on very soon. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Alendraa

New ops, warzones, etc. Precisely the type of content to keep me interested. Without it, I'd have stopped playing a long time ago. So well yeh, to everybody their own thing. To me, the story is not all that important.

There are eight stories to play, and each story can be played as either light, dark or mixture, although some stories don't alter because of alignment and some do, but that still means 16-24 playthroughs before you've done everything, plus there are PVP/PVE and warzones. And from what I read on another thread, the stories are different on each server. Plenty to do.

There are eight stories to play, and each story can be played as either light, dark or mixture, although some stories don't alter because of alignment and some do, but that still means 16-24 playthroughs before you've done everything, plus there are PVP/PVE and warzones. And from what I read on another thread, the stories are different on each server. Plenty to do.

The altering of stories because of alignement is very small.

For the server altering stories, you got that wrong, there is no such thing.

going light side or dark side doesn´t change anything. Your personal story might change a bit, but the world story, the story that matters, doesn´t change one bit. I wish we could do something as comunity to move worldstory foreward. Maybe some phase shift thing or whatever. We kill a ton of the other faction on some planet and maybe we even got them runnng, only the last pockets of resistance left fighting. You wouldn´t know that iif you take a walk on the planet. There´s still the same number of enemies as when the planet quests startet.

Class story is a nice RPG feature, but for me MMO´s are more about world story. Heavy fokus on class story isn´t nescesarily(?) a bonus. It´s not a bad story, quite good actually, but it makes swtor feel more of a singleplayer RPG. Especially when you see all those people of the same class as you with the same companion. And if you ocasionally do a bit of RP then class story will have to be ignored. Two troopers roleplaying and staying within class story would be impossible.

EAware need to start fokusing on world story and faction story.From a MMO perspective the descision to go from class story to faction story in Makeb could be a good thing. EAware should do some PR spin on that. Instead they are saying thing like "not in the near future" "we haven´t abandoned the idea of future class story".

Just say it out loud. This is the new direction of SWTOR. We will move away from class story and fokus on faction story, planet and world story. We do this as an response to our customers complaining that the worlds are stagnant. In the future we will make events on planets that may result in a powershift so ex. a lowlevel planet after doing bonus series or an even will change to a higher level planet.

I would love for all planets to have level 50 versions. When you got bad news as this shift away from class story is for alot of people, dont try to hide it. Just explain why it had to be done and what your using your money on instead.

"Were not dooing this anymore, instead were dooing this and fokusing more on this" We want leadership, We want Yes´s and No´s not "Soon" and "it´s on our wall of crazy".

The last state of the game ignored all the problems with swtor and basicly said everything is amazing. There are minor problems but 1.7 will be amazing and Makeb will be amazing. I know it´s just PR but it´s like hearing comical Ali. Ok maybe not that bad, but not far from it.

I have to agree with you on grinding. It's so boring. How can anyone stand to keep doing the same dailies and HM FPs over and over again for credits and gear? At this rate, I will never make it to Ops, because grinding just to get good enough gear to run them feels like a waste of my life.

The stories are much more interesting to me, because I've only played through 3 classes so far, and there are still class stories I haven't experienced. Once I'm done with all the stories though, I will have effectively experienced all the content the game has to offer, and I will probably stop playing. It's just boring doing stuff over again when there are other games out there that I haven't yet played.

I have to agree with you on grinding. It's so boring. How can anyone stand to keep doing the same dailies and HM FPs over and over again for credits and gear? At this rate, I will never make it to Ops, because grinding just to get good enough gear to run them feels like a waste of my life.

The stories are much more interesting to me, because I've only played through 3 classes so far, and there are still class stories I haven't experienced. Once I'm done with all the stories though, I will have effectively experienced all the content the game has to offer, and I will probably stop playing. It's just boring doing stuff over again when there are other games out there that I haven't yet played.

yeah it looks like Im done with SWTOR after I tried the digital addon.

Im not the type of player who grinds the same stuff again and again just to improve my gear for slight improvements or thinks that I need to down all bosses in OPs. Ops are generally uninteresting for me and II will probably do a break and try out some other MMOs until something interesting comes out out in SWTOR.

To each his own. I for one enjoy the storylines however I grow tired of them rather quickly, questing just doesnt do it for me. I cant wait til new ops and fps come out, along with new wz's. Have you ran all of the ops? In all difficulties? The operations alone keep me coming back because of the challenge they present, and how everybody has to do their part or everyone fails. Also i love gear grinding, it gives a reason to repeat operations, something to look forward to, and also leaves more, and more room for improvement. I can see why youd feel that way but leveling new alts gets old after a while. But i could see why you feel the way you do. Find a good group of people to play with.