Assassin gear

ZayneDraay

Yesterday, I was playing BP SM on my lvl 31 assassin tank, and accompaning me were a sorc healer and 2 dps assassins. After the boss fight with Sakan do'nair the tank head piece that can come from this flashpoint appeared as loot. Having a low lvl helm I clicked need, but when I Iooked at who received it it was one of the assassin dps, I then proceeded to ask for the helm, but he gave a hissey fit sayin things like "I have a low lvl helm too" and "A DPS could find this useful too", he then proceeds to put the helm on. I then proceeded to vote kick him, it went through, but the sorc healer asked me why I booted him saying that he could have just modded it out and it would have been fine. The real kicker at the end was that the dps helm came out from the last boss so if he had just gave me the helm he could have gotten it. My point is, am I wrong in kicking him when the gear had an absorb rating? Edited by ZayneDraay

Don't get in a hissy over low level gear. Wait until you are grinding for Columi(sp) pieces only to find out, if you grid dailies, you can buy rakata level mods in less time on the market and with daily coms...... And that's not including black hole coms that you can use to get even better gear.

Don't get into a hissy with players over gear. It's a good way to get ignored and you may even miss out on an opportunity to get into a good raiding guild; which will alleviate most if not all you're gearing problems. Keep a good attitude and people will want you around.

I think the real problem is that ninjas think that they can get away with stealing gear intended for another role or class, and if these people don't learn quick THEY will be the ones ignored. Plus, If you meet the lvl requirement for BP you should know better. It's not the gear, but the principle.

You have to realize that there are always gonna be noobish people at the lower levels that are only gonna see the "Main Stat" increase and ignore secondary stats. That and the fact that the ability to rearrange mods changes the dynamics of what armor belongs to what class. Either way...it's low level gear that's gonna get replaced in a couple hours, anyway.

My thing is this though. Have you considered that if you HADN'T vote kicked him.....maybe had a little productive chat about gear stats and toughed it out to the end, that maybe he would have gone ahead and given you the tank gear once the DPS gear dropped. And in the proccess he might have learned a little something and both parties would have the gear they wanted.

You have to realize that there are always gonna be noobish people at the lower levels that are only gonna see the "Main Stat" increase and ignore secondary stats. That and the fact that the ability to rearrange mods changes the dynamics of what armor belongs to what class. Either way...it's low level gear that's gonna get replaced in a couple hours, anyway.

My thing is this though. Have you considered that if you HADN'T vote kicked him.....maybe had a little productive chat about gear stats and toughed it out to the end, that maybe he would have gone ahead and given you the tank gear once the DPS gear dropped. And in the proccess he might have learned a little something and both parties would have the gear they wanted.

^^^^ This ^^^^

A group member rolled on an item. Won the roll. Then equipped the item. And you kicked the person?

Sounds like you were the one who was having the fit.

I suppose you didn't read the beggining post. The gear was for another role, and he needed it even though it was usless to him. And Grumpftard, I already spoke to him about the gear but he flat out refused to listen. Besides you need majority vote to boot so clearly i wasn't the only one who thought pulling a ninja was bad.

I suppose you didn't read the beggining post. The gear was for another role, and he needed it even though it was usless to him. And Grumpftard, I already spoke to him about the gear but he flat out refused to listen. Besides you need majority vote to boot so clearly i wasn't the only one who thought pulling a ninja was bad.

I quoted from your beginning post. So obviously I read it. Thing is, the way you post, if it indicates the way you "talk" to people in-game, demonstrates who really threw the fit and who didn't.

So to recap:

You ran a low level flashpoint, a piece of gear dropped that you wanted, you lost the roll on it, the person that won the roll immediately equipped it, and you then proceeded to lose your marbles over that.

And three days later you're still having a fit about it.

Over a piece of gear that you'll both have replaced by now.

Edited by SnoggyMack