I found one of the reasons for low fps during heavy combat.

Nijraw

What is it with this horde of mouth breathers thinking that tieing together several off-the-gcd skills to a single button somehow makes you a worse player then those who do not?. It is a common sense interface advancement. Tor still not having software macros just shows how unready bioware were to be making an mmo and no amount of fanboy denial is going to change that.

Well, it doesn't really make you a better player, as it's just shifting the responsibilities of awareness and due dilligence to the computer. Unless I am missing something there.

EDIT: it's 2:46 here. I should really get some sleep. Maybe I'll edit more in the AM.

Edited by AboB

TL;DR version = I'm a lousy player who needs macros. Please enable macros Bioware for kids like me.

Millions of players using macros huh? Maybe in other games. Get rid of your crutches and learn to play the game like the majority of us do. It's not going to hurt.

Agreed. You can read the post and guage the age level/mentality of the OP pretty well. He needs to stop thinking that everyone owes him something and the game should be gimme and very seriously and literally learn to play it... or better yet, quit.

If you suck that bad at TOR that the only way you can figure out to improve yourself try to circumvent the combat system by using macros... you really shouldn't be playing it.

Agreed. You can read the post and guage the age level/mentality of the OP pretty well. He needs to stop thinking that everyone owes him something and the game should be gimme and very seriously and literally learn to play it... or better yet, quit.

If you suck that bad at TOR that the only way you can figure out to improve yourself try to circumvent the combat system by using macros... you really shouldn't be playing it.

I could understand macro's in something in something like FFXI. Often you would use macro's to quickly swap pieces of gear between normal DD and when you wanted to burst. Or setting up a skill chain, and having the macro count down to a point of when your Weapon Skill would go off, so the next person in the chain would hit theirs for a Skill Chain.

But not in something as simple as TOR... O.o

If they put macros in i would be uber happy.

I'd have my sorc yell 'UNLIMITED POWER!!!!!' evertime he used lightning lol.

On a serious note, macros take some of the skill out of the pvp for me, in some games i can understand having them (shamans in wow for example) but in this game non of the class are complicated enough to need macros.

Uhm, the OP is talking about the fact that people using macros are causing lag and performance problems. While I don't see why it should that doesn't mean it isn't happening (not a software engineer).

Sidenote: I seriously dislike macros as well, I consider any game that "requires" macros to be horribly designed and I do not want em here.

If it wasn't free to play it would return to normal. I never lagged in fleet before the F2P was released and now I do constantly. And on planets that are crowded the same thing happens. This is a REAL problem and I'm tired of it. Or how about the person who has 4 accounts running at the same time? I know they are using hardware macros.

You totally missed the point, maybe if you learn to read kid you will see that I am talking about how macros create lag due to red error text spam, so before you go stroking your e-peen all over the forums learn 2 read before posting.

Macros are being used and there is nothing you are anyone can do about it, so to help lag they need to remove screen spam client side.

Or..... Perhaps force disconnect people who have had to many of these red text macro messages. Perhaps these messages are being data mined by Bioware to find out just how many people are using them. Perhaps they will add into the launcher a detection code to warn and disable HW macros and only allow key binds and re mapping of keys. But no one button multi ability attacks.

You keep saying everyone's missing the point.

Did you ever consider that it's you and not them?

It is because his point is not about macros, it was used to illustrate the problem. Which he claims is the error message text the system uses, regardless if you use a god damn macro or not. So yes, everyone on their little crusade over macros are missing the point...

Or..... Perhaps force disconnect people who have had to many of these red text macro messages. Perhaps these messages are being data mined by Bioware to find out just how many people are using them. Perhaps they will add into the launcher a detection code to warn and disable HW macros and only allow key binds and re mapping of keys. But no one button multi ability attacks.

Considering there are SWTOR branded items designed to do this, I doubt it.

Actually if you read the OP he's saying nothing of the sort.

This relies on you reading the OP, of course. :csw_yoda:

Hilarious and great idea! :)

Dear OP, welcome to the beta. Unfortunately your macro insight is flawed and macros really have nothing to do with it at all. The engine is simply flawed with its combat. You will get the same lag while in a group of people not using macros (tested with my guild long ago). The issue lies with the engine optimization and its inability to handle more than 8 people in combat at the same time not with hardware macros. Checkout what happens to your memory during large scale combat...though I have heard of folks using SWTOR unleashed to counter a lot of the issues.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.