alabuck

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what it sure seems like, and not only to me

Funny, it seems to me like the anti folks want special treatment. Romance for straights but not for gay and bi players. Someone's getting something everyone else isn't in this scenario, and it ain't the queer fans.

Edited by Quething

Honestly, I hope they dont waste their time with this. Theres so many other things they should put their resources towards.

In the end these are games, we dont need every little human activity and choice included.

And Bioware's other 2 of the last 3 games have this for them. DA2 did it lazy though but it's there. ME3 did it too.

It's just the Star Wars franchise with everything Lucas officially did, it's not in a galaxy far, far away.

Funny, it seems to me like the anti folks want special treatment. Romance for straights but not for gay and bi players. Someone's getting something everyone else isn't in this scenario, and it ain't the queer fans.

That's actually not what I have said at all. All I have said is the GAY minority isn't any more special than any other minority.

That's actually not what I have said at all. All I have said is the GAY minority isn't any more special than any other minority.

it is what you and some others are really saying. you are special and if others get the same treatment/rights then you are no longer special. you dont want to lose your special status so you dont want other groups to be given what you have.

fyi, homosexuality is not equal to people who want to have sex with animals or other fetishes. which is what you are basically arguing.

it is what you and some others are really saying. you are special and if others get the same treatment/rights then you are no longer special. you dont want to lose your special status so you dont want other groups to be given what you have.

fyi, homosexuality is not equal to people who want to have sex with animals or other fetishes. which is what you are basically arguing.

Not at all, what I am saying is that you being gay does not make you special at all.

So why dont they just go play those if they absolutely cant game without man on man love?

IDK. I am warning them that DA2 was done so lazy I thought it was an insult and told gay friends unless they wanted to be stereotyped, avoid it. DA2 you can't just be friends with a gay guy like real life. The gay guy rage quits your team and then trolls you later if you tell him you just want to be friends. And everyone is bi in DA2. Again unrealistic.

ME3 I thought did it more realistically. Gay guy (Steve although the name was a jab at the Adam and Steve joke but Bioware denies it) in ME3 is your shuttle pilot and when you just want to be friends, he's cool with it. Same with the lesbian. Same with the bi people. They respect you and you can respect them in ME3. Endings aside, ME3 handled the same sex issue the best of the two games.

IDK. I am warning them that DA2 was done so lazy I thought it was an insult and told gay friends unless they wanted to be stereotyped, avoid it. DA2 you can't just be friends with a gay guy like real life. The gay guy rage quits your team and then trolls you later if you tell him you just want to be friends. And everyone is bi in DA2. Again unrealistic.

ME3 I thought did it more realistically. Gay guy (Steve although the name was a jab at the Adam and Steve joke but Bioware denies it) in ME3 is your shuttle pilot and when you just want to be friends, he's cool with it. Same with the lesbian. Same with the bi people. They respect you and you can respect them in ME3. Endings aside, ME3 handled the same sex issue the best of the two games.

I havent played those games. i keep meaning to because I hear alot about them...but havent yet.

Personally, being a bit older (not OLD per se...but not a 20 or 30something)...I dont see the need for sex in my games at all. If they dropped the entire companion romance stuff, it wouldnt bother me one bit.

I play games to escape...not to run into the same annoying crap in digital fashion that i have to deal with in RL.

I'd much prefer BW spend their time giving us new races, equipment, worlds etc and leave this garbage out.

Just my 2 credits.

Edited by RichT

Not at all, what I am saying is that you being gay does not make you special at all.

i am not gay. asking for equal treatment is not asking to be treated special. you being straight doesnt make you special at all... but you want special status and treatment.

Players can make up excuses for BioWare all day, but I'm going to ask for an answer. Nothing I have read or heard thus far has justified why BW won't give any sort of answer at all. That is wrong

I really don't care why they haven't answered at this point. I don't even care if the answer is positive or negative. I don't care why players think they may or may not include it.

I only care about BioWare addressing the playerbase directly.

Unless anyone works for BioWare, then we still don't have any sort of answer.

Hear, hear!

This! A million times this! This is why the pro-SGR people won't stop with it: because Bioware refuses to even acknowledge them, while EA brags to the press about being all about fairness, equality and inclusion!

(hi natashina! :t_biggrin: )

I havent played those games. i keep meaning to because I hear alot about them...but havent yet.

Personally, being a bit older (not OLD per se...but not a 20 or 30something)...I dont see the need for sex in my games at all. If they dropped the entire companion romance stuff, it wouldnt bother me one bit.

I play games to escape...not to run into the same annoying crap in digital fashion that i have to deal with in RL.

I'd much prefer BW spend their time giving us new races, equipment, worlds etc and leave this garbage out.

Just my 2 credits.

Actually I'd say the romance in this game is so small that it's not even on the level of "crap in digital fashion that you have to deal with in RL". ;)

But DA2, it's like you can't just say hello without a SSR attempt from a teammate. It's all in your face all the time.

In ME3, Steve doesn't even try to get with your male Shep. You actually have to put in some work. If you are just nice to him without trying to romance him, he becomes a bro pretty much. And same with the Bi guy (who may not even be there since he can die in ME1). I actually modded my game for him to die in ME1. But not because he's bi in ME3, it's just the choice of who lives and dies, I wanted the other one in ME3. I didn't like Ashley until ME3 actually for some reason and wanted her back so Kaidan had to go. On PC, you can do that easily with Gibbed. You can do it on 360 too but it's more work.

Again, in DA2 you get romanced by the team. Or attempted to. In ME3, you decide who you romance and everyone reacts accordingly.

But for actual story, because of the crap endings, I'd suggest DA2 with the Legacy DLC. If you can ignore the endings ME3 is the better overall game.

Honestly, I could care less. I'm sure there are a lot of people with legitimate issues but so far every single person I have talked to that is making a big deal about wanting same sex romance are a bunch of pervs that just want to do girl on girl scenes.

I agree 100%.

sexual preference only applies to heterosexual, homosexual and bisexual.

There might be people out there that have a preference for having sex with a wookie. Leia told Han she'd rather kiss a wookie in Empire. :D

And this game is as close as it will come. Unless you hit DragonCon at the right time.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

There might be people out there that have a preference for having sex with a wookie. Leia told Han she'd rather kiss a wookie in Empire. :D

And this game is as close as it will come. Unless you hit DragonCon at the right time.

lol! :p

Whatever happened to the talk about eventually adding same sex romance into the game??? It's like it was never talked about and discreetly swept under the rug. Will it be added in with the upcoming expansion? Or was it just "Talk to the hand" to placate the GLBT community? :confused:

Back on topic... So what did happen to the talk about adding SGRs and why is it being swept under the rug? Bioware, when can we expect an update on the status of SGRs ?

Edited by markcymru

Back on topic... So what did happen to the talk about adding SGRs and why is it being swept under the rug? Bioware, when can we expect an update on the status of SGRs ?

Hopefully long before the press and groups like GLAAD start actively pressuring them to say something. Because they're in the frying pan now; active and very public pressure would put them into the fire.

Edited by VelvetSanity

Let's look at an extension of what you just suggested, in a logical manner.

PvP lacks artistic value and doesn't influence character outcomes. Nope, doesn't change the class stories one bit. Neither does going through the class missions with a group, so let's remove the ability to group together from the game. Side missions and planet missions also don't influence class story, let's remove those, too!

Oh, hey, while we're at it, neither does species! Let's make all species NPC only! Space missions have no influence on character outcomes, so let's toss those....

Character "outcomes" are achieved before you start on "endgame" content, so let's toss that, too...

PvE combat has no influence on character outcomes, toss that....

Hmm. what's left? Not much...

All of the affore mentioned content you are tossing out is active "live action" never to be reproduced in exactedness (the uniqueness art requires) content, compared to what i was suggesting. Poorly written diolouge, with a fade to black then renter scene left continue poorly written diolouge malarky.

There is no value in the content. I dont need sex to enjoy star wars.