Please fix Elite War Hero Gear

Shreb

But that is where I get lost, Does min/maxing the gear mean I have to go and do lame *** PvE runs to maximize my PvP gear.

If that is the case does anyone else, understand how lame that is. To PvE to top out PvP gear!!!???!!!

If i am wrong please let me know what is teh best way to min/max my gear.

Thanks,

D,

Well, for some specs you are forced to do PVP to get the best relics for PVE. (Healers and possibly tanks). Before Dread Guard, War Hero relics were the best for both PVP and PVE for all specs.

Edited by tronot

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I like that EWH grants almost not bonus to WH... I have to admit it's pretty darn stupid that the EWH has different stats than the WH equiv.

They really should have kept the same stat types, just added maybe 1 point to each of them.

The min/maxing in this game is just a mess- pure and simple.

Valor rank does not equate to WZ experience. I'm leveling my 6th toon and I've played these WZ for the last year. Let's say I don't do one lowbie wz and my toon hits level 50. I'll have valor rank 1; so, by your logic, I wouldn't have a lot of pvp experience. Did I magically forget the 1000 times that I played the wz before?

Having WZ experience as a melee doesn't equate to healer doesn't equate to ranged dps doesn't equate to tank. Although, you will still be better aquainted with the WZs, your experience would allow you to rise through the tiers faster. You would out-level those that don't gain experience as fast and wouldn't see them in the next tiered queue and you would be on par with the people in that tier, valor-wise and gear. Rinse-Repeat.

The experience gained should be about goal completions, not dps or hps, kills or deaths; i.e., how many times did you cap a node or stop a cap or take out a ball carrier. The fact that you can't see it indicates that you don't have the capacity to see it and I feel sorry for you.

While I like that EWH grants almost not bonus to WH... I have to admit it's pretty darn stupid that the EWH has different stats than the WH equiv.

They really should have kept the same stat types, just added maybe 1 point to each of them.

The min/maxing in this game is just a mess- pure and simple.

this was always the case form centurion to champion, from champion to battlemaster, from battlemaster to war hero.

Having WZ experience as a melee doesn't equate to healer doesn't equate to ranged dps doesn't equate to tank. Although, you will still be better aquainted with the WZs, your experience would allow you to rise through the tiers faster. You would out-level those that don't gain experience as fast and wouldn't see them in the next tiered queue and you would be on par with the people in that tier, valor-wise and gear. Rinse-Repeat.

The experience gained should be about goal completions, not dps or hps, kills or deaths; i.e., how many times did you cap a node or stop a cap or take out a ball carrier. The fact that you can't see it indicates that you don't have the capacity to see it and I feel sorry for you.

LMAO. No need to feel sorry for me, because this same tired argument has been done before. The definition of stupid is beating your head against a brick wall and expecting a different outcome each time.

My point and simple fact, which you obviously can't see, is that if we're on the same team, I can gain the exact same amount of valor as you, but without even fighting in the WZ. I just need 8 medals and win or lose, I'll gain the same amount of valor as you in the WZ. I've collected 22 medals in a WZ before, but after 8 medals, I gained ZERO additional valor.

You could be the best pvper in the world and I could be the worst, but at the end of the day, if we're on the same team, I'll gain the same amount of valor as you. So, once again, Valor Rank does not determine wz experience or ability.. All it means is that you participated in a certain number of WZ and collected valor points.

Edited by thefishdude

• 1 month later...
All this would be solved if PVP gear, like PVE gear, didn't have the requirement of trading back in your old gear to get the higher tier set.

I can only imagine how quickly the games population would collapse if PVE'ers had to cash in every piece of gear they earned so that they could get the next tier's piece.

Unless I'm not understanding what you're saying, and I apologize if I don't, all you need to turn in for the EWH upgrades for the head, chest, hands, legs, boots, OH and MH are the WH shells. You can rip all of the mods out to pass to a different toon as the set bonuses are attached to the armoring/hilt/barrel and not the shell.

I really don't get why people think there "needs" to be a treadmill. Every other game I've ever played was played because it was fun - not because there's some silly gear carrot that is utterly useless unless you're playing the game to begin with...

The gear treadmill turns away people, it doesn't increase competition, it doesn't make more fun matchups, it doesn't get people "hooked". People will drop this game because their repair costs go up...investment in a game like this means absolutely nothing. Whoever told you that you could keep gamers subscribing to a game by forcing them to grind for gear was lying to you.