The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

15 dollars for one set of armor?

Mcwall

The recently released sets, Valiant Jedi and Sith Raider look pretty decent( though the raider set has no cape like Malgus) but despite this, nearly 1500 Cartel Coins is ridiculous for these sets. That is around 12-15 dollars for a set of in game armor. What do you guys think of this price point?

It's a complete rip-off, the problem is people will spend the money for it so Bioware will continue to charge outrageous prices for digital fluff. I guess the upside is you won't see everyone running around with it on.

I know the Valiant Jedi outfit is just a recoloring of the Jedi Legacy Gear with the hood down. So it's not even really unique, especially if Bioware holds true to something they said awhile back that they would add an option that lets you put your hood up or down.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The recently released sets, Valiant Jedi and Sith Raider look pretty decent( though the raider set has no cape like Malgus) but despite this, nearly 1500 Cartel Coins is ridiculous for these sets. That is around 12-15 dollars for a set of in game armor. What do you guys think of this price point?

The value isn't there for me. If it was truly adapting armor and leveled with my character, I would bite. But it is merely universal armor, usable by anyone. At $12-15, the value equation doesn't work for me.

Moreoever, how do I know they won't add an armor set next week that I like better? Then my purchase today might be moot.

If people want to spend their money, they should. However, there is no penalty for sitting on the sidelines and watching the fashion show. That's where I'll be, until I see better value.

why would you bother to discuss this, they can charge whatever the market will bear, and plenty of people are paying for it.

why do more for less, when you can do less for more, it would be stupid

Mostly because:

1. I don't think they are, there are Santa mounts about, but not that many (selling 100X$18.00 mounts isn't as profitable as selling 2000X$2.00 mounts).

2. The longevity of SWTOR hinges on a sustainable price levels in the Cashshop, the current prices are exorbitant compared to competitor MMORPGs (3 months of 6 month subsciption cartel coins for an outfit for ONE toon?).

They seem to have gone mad, this is only going to hurt SWTOR badly in the longterm. :(

I don't see why they can't do it two ways. Make the items obtainable from daily comms or bh comms for the people who don't mind earning it in game as well as the market for the I want it now crowd. I know they did it with the ship parts so why not with everything else

They do this already - everything can be purchased with credits after the 24h bind (or whatever it is) has expired.

"To repeat a mistake and expect a beneficial outcome is a sign of insanity" - Lord Scourge to Jedi Knight.

Indeed.

Those prices might be justified if those were truly original/unique/new items. But them being basically just recolored existing models makes it the real rip-off.

That's the thing.

Selling a throne type mount for $18.00 I could see them getting away with........... but a Santa Mount for Life Day? I honestly would like to have sat in on the meeting that decided that pricing structure. :D