Marauder Companions?

xNYROx

Quinn, hands-down, Jaesa and Vette have limited utility since you're already outputting monstrous damage. I had bad experiences with Pierce the one time I used him, and Broonmark was okay, but I really missed the survivability Quinn gave me. I suppose if you really, really despise Quinn you could go with Broonmark, but Quinn seems to be the optimal choice.

I'm a jugg, but dps spec and so far I've used everyone (aside from Broonmark) and everyone was rather useful. Jaesa is pretty nice if you want to kill them very quickly, but on the other hand you have to heal up after the fight for some time. Pierce is alright, he can keep one enemy distracted while I kill the trash and dies a lot of times just before I finish him, but, eh, whatever. I use him most of the time, but only really because I uh want uh him to have a lot of affection points. Yeah. And while Quinn is always having your HP full, it's a bit slow with him. Don't know if it's because I'm a jugg and my damage output is a bit lower or something, but I usually only call him when I fight some difficult enemy and I'm just too cheap to pop some medkit or something. Yeah, it's up to you. Try it out and stick with the companion you feel the most comfortable with. And not only just once. The first time I used Jaesa she immediately died and I thought she was crap and I could never use her, but then I read a spoiler about Quinn and didn't really want to use him so I had to stick with her and it worked quite fine and it's fun. So try them out and see for yourself.

I levelled my Mara with Vette all the way, and loved it. Sure, you have to heal up after most fights, but you finish those fights quicker, and I enjoyed the "kill them before they kill you" feel to the fights, it made them a little less tedious. Also, it means you don't have to put up with Quinn!

I found running with a healer was very slow, but that may have been because I was Rage specced. I just finished levelling my Sentinel (Jedi Marauder, in other words) in Combat (Carnage) spec, and I used Doc (JK's Quinn) almost all the time. Both will work fine, and if you can keep one healer and one DPS companion geared, so much the better :)

IMO, tanks are the worst companions for melee DPS. It's annoying when they taunt off you because you have to run after the mob, and if you turn taunts off then they're just a sucky version of a DPS companion.

To each his own. I prefer the DPS+Healer combination. It's faster than Tank+Healer, and far less risky than Tank+DPS or DPS+DPS.

Tank+tank is viable, but tricky. You have to time when you taunt mobs off your companion so keep them alive, but without taking agro too soon and dieing.

Healer+healer would be workable, but very slow going with the reduced DPS. But I have heard rumors of this combo doing planet side heroics solo, although I've not tried it.

All companions are viable so it's only a matter of preference. On both my Juggernaut and Marauder, I used Vette until I got Jaesa. Pierce has never been used. Quinn was used for a few boss fights. Broonmark was never used. I occasionally bring out Vette while doing dailies but the majority of the time I use Jaesa. This is just my preference.