Help with relic for Lethality Sniper

floriwie

Hey guys,

I have finally enough Daily comms for a Dread Guard Relic but to which one to go....

I had until now worked with 2 War Hero Boundless Age relic....

But while I have enough Daily comms I am contemplating getting a Dread Guard relic....

So the options are, on demand Dread Guard Boundless Ages or one of the proc ones...

And if proc ones the question is the internal/elemental one or kinetic/energy ones? I read somewhere any class that has armor penetration debufs should get the kinetic/energy one (so we have shutter and also every group that I fight with it pratically has a Jugg...)

And one final point, I also read somewhere, Tech based guys should go for internal/energy and force based ones should go for elemental/kinetic but I don't what is the truth behind it....

Thx for the answers....

No you read it wrong or it was a misinformed person saying it.

TECH users are troopers and smugglers, these use KINETIC and INTERNAL relics

FORCE users are knights and consulars, these use ENERGY and ELEMENTAL relics

The reason is they use your tech crit OR your force crit rate.

So if you use the wrong one you get a pathetic crit rate of about 19% because its only using the crit you have from plain crit stats not from your force or tech because you picked the wrong one.

So, kinetic or internal for your sniper.

As for which. The question is do you have an armour debuff that you use?

If you do then you use the Kinetic relic, if you don't then you use the Internal relic.

The reason is that the internal doesn't lose damage on armour and the kinetic hits harder than the internal only if it has an armour debuff.

Edited by Gyronamics

the kinetic one is only good for gunnery commando's that have passive armor pen on their cell. all other tech users get internal.

it has nothing to do with the armor debuff on the boss from guardian/gunslinger/commando

Edited by adezero

One more question,

there was trick to use Columi Boundless Age and Campaign Boundless Age together (while they are on different levels they are not sharing 2 min Cooldown)...

So that means you can activate Campaign BA and after 30s expired you can activate the Columi one....and 1 minute later Campaign will be ready again...

Is this trick working for the proc ones (so 4.5s cooldown shared with let say between Campaign and Dread)?

the kinetic one is only good for gunnery commando's that have passive armor pen on their cell. all other tech users get internal.

it has nothing to do with the armor debuff on the boss from guardian/gunslinger/commando

No.

Anyone with an armour pen will hit harder with the kinetic rather than the internal.

In a raid when someone debuffs the targets armour you will also hit harder with a kinetic instead of an internal even if you personally have no armour pen ability.

One more question,

there was trick to use Columi Boundless Age and Campaign Boundless Age together (while they are on different levels they are not sharing 2 min Cooldown)...

So that means you can activate Campaign BA and after 30s expired you can activate the Columi one....and 1 minute later Campaign will be ready again...

Is this trick working for the proc ones (so 4.5s cooldown shared with let say between Campaign and Dread)?

It says on every proc relic that the 4.5s CD is shared by every dps proc relic.

Edited by Gyronamics

The internal damage proc for snipers. You're armor debuff is not enough to make kinectic better than internal. Arsenal Merc/Gunnery commandos are the only ones to go with the kinectic one.

Couple that with a DG of boundless ages.

Edited by Infalliable

• 2 weeks later...

armor debuff < armor penetraion

the reason is that the armor debuff effects the armor rating and not the damage reduction. an example: a jugg in soresu form has 8000 armor rating = 43% dr

with the armor debuff he would have 6400 = 37% dr

20% armor penetration would ignore 0.2x43% = 8.6%

while armor debuf would only ingore 6 %

it is because armorrating is a deminishing return curve

Edited by Quantemoq

the reason is that the armor debuff effects the armor rating and not the damage reduction.

Do you have a source for this? I haven't seen this claim before.

Edited by Tibbel

the reason is that the armor debuff effects the armor rating and not the damage reduction. an example: a jugg in soresu form has 8000 armor rating = 43% dr

with the armor debuff he would have 6400 = 37% dr

20% armor penetration would ignore 0.2x43% = 8.6%

while armor debuf would only ingore 6 %

it is because armorrating is a deminishing return curve

Pretty sure you're wrong there.

On my Rage Marauder, I have a passive 30% armor penetration.

Using the 288 damage relic, I will hit the dummy for 209 damage. If Armor penetration works as you claim, I should be getting 217 damage (since dummy has 35% armor).

Pretty sure you're wrong there.

On my Rage Marauder, I have a passive 30% armor penetration.

Using the 288 damage relic, I will hit the dummy for 209 damage. If Armor penetration works as you claim, I should be getting 217 damage (since dummy has 35% armor).

remember that in your tool tip, the damage increase of shii-cho form is much higher then than 3% due to a bug. while the actual damage dealt is correctly increased by only 3 %.

to test it you can deactivate your shii-cho form and check the tooltip of your relic

(you have to reequip the relic to refresh the tooltip)

that explains why it appears to deal less damage then it should with the 30% ap.

for the armor rating you can check this site http://www.jedilace.com/2012/02/09/damage-reduction-from-armor/

that armor debuffs affect armor rating, can also be seen in your character screen when you have the debuff on yourself.

Edited by Quantemoq