is twinking bannable

HELLCAMAWALKN

yes I get it now on what it is called. I'm old, and originally it was not this. But thank you for the clarification.

Nah I was with you on this one. When I hear twinking I think back to EQ and giving elune gear, that one regen sash, and a big flaming sword to my level 1 alt to curb stomp people with. Then I think about warcraft lvl 10-20 pvp brackets where you could pimp the crap out of a level 19 with enchants. Level 49 was like the furthest thing from my mind. Although it makes sense for this game.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I was with you on this one. When I hear twinking I think back to EQ and giving elune gear, that one regen sash, and a big flaming sword to my level 1 alt to curb stomp people with. Then I think about warcraft lvl 10-20 pvp brackets where you could pimp the crap out of a level 19 with enchants. Level 49 was like the furthest thing from my mind. Although it makes sense for this game.

Ya I was so confused when they said it... I was like why would they ban you for wearing gear that you CAN wear lol.

People are always claiming to have been banned for one completely innocent thing or another, because surely it couldn't possibly be the bot they were running overnight, or the 20,000,000 credits they bought from a Chinese website.

Just a question to see if anyone has been banned for twinking? Might sound stupid but I have people telling me they know people thats been banned for it, it's more to clear an argument, for the record i don't have a twink. I would rather play at 50

Why would it be a bannable offense to give your character the best gear he can wear for that level? Is it a bannable offense to wear all Dread Guard or all Elite War Hero gear at 50? Is it a bannable offense to give your ship all the new grade 7 gear?

If it's not it should be IMO. They are trying to augment their lack of skill by essentially exploiting a loophole in the game (that low levels can't get expertise and that you can remod the weapon multiples times at level 45) to pad their stats heavily. Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

Why would it be a bannable offense to give your character the best gear he can wear for that level? Is it a bannable offense to wear all Dread Guard or all Elite War Hero gear at 50? Is it a bannable offense to give your ship all the new grade 7 gear?

Thats not the issue. ITs people that pvp @ 49 then always quit before the end so they dont lvl to 50. Has nothing to do with gear

Thats not the issue. ITs people that pvp @ 49 then always quit before the end so they dont lvl to 50. Has nothing to do with gear

There was talk for the longest time of implementing a "lockout" for people that left warzones. If you quit a wz, you'd be locked out of reqeueing for an hour or whatever. They did not implement that prohibition.

Considering the fact that specifically decided against punishing leavers in any way whatsoever, I'd be hard pressed to believe that leaving a wz early is in any way against the TOS.

IF there was some kind of bug where you could lock your level and prevent yourself from gaining any more experience but still got credits comms and you EXPLOITED that bug, then sure, that would probably be bannable, but there is a huge difference between exploiting an obvious bug and simply clicking "leave warzone."

The fact that there is a button in game to let them do what you are saying whenever they want, seems to indicate that BW isn't going to ban them, otherwise they'd disable the "leave warzone" button... lol

Well I would like to say this much about it, They have a leave warzone option so its not like they are useing some kind of exploit to acyually leave the game. I do not agree with anyone getting banned for doing this because reguardless of how you feel about it, its working as intended. I would also like to point out that as far as being over geared.... a full warhero/ elite warhero can do alot more damage to a recruit than a twink can do to another pre-50.

Then it has nothing to do with twinking. I don't think a lot of you know what twinking actually is.

Twinking is just over gearing lower level toons in an effort to be more powerful than one at that level would normally be. This is usually accomplished by sending over gear, credits, etc from a more accomplished character with more resources.

Then it has nothing to do with twinking. I don't think a lot of you know what twinking actually is.

Twinking is just over gearing lower level toons in an effort to be more powerful than one at that level would normally be. This is usually accomplished by sending over gear, credits, etc from a more accomplished character with more resources.

If you scroll through the thread, you will see that the term. for twinking has changed.

( I was confused as well about it. It is not just over gearing your toon now)

And I don't think you understand that pre-50 WZ makes everyone's stats = making gear pointless while in the WZ

And I don't think you understand that pre-50 WZ makes everyone's stats = making gear pointless while in the WZ

Not true.

if you have 2 Marauders , L 40, one in greens one in moddable purples, second one will have more stats.

Bolster is based on Level not on gear you have..

As for 'twinking', no, it's not bannable to leave warzone early (they even made button for that lolz), it's not exploit nor hack. They are not getting any reward. In fact, I think they are punishing them selves, since pre 50 WZ are filled with frustration, pain, stupidity and ignorance.

Edit: some one mentioned Expertiese, yes, + 41 expertiee on crystals instead of power or crit might be nice bonus, but Enhancments, you get + 25 exp per item, so 100 exp (2% damage bonus, 1.8% dmg reduction) you have to loose accuracy, crit or surge.. not really worth it in my opinion.

Edited by Atramar

I think you are the one not understanding.

Twinking ( which is what this thread was asking) For most older gamers, was just about over gearing your toon.

It has since changed in meaning. So some of us that saw this. ( older gamers ) had no idea that now it pertains to people leaving warzones.

So as a few have replied about the gear ( because that was what twinking was originally about)

Not true.

if you have 2 Marauders , L 40, one in greens one in moddable purples, second one will have more stats.

Bolster is based on Level not on gear you have..

As for 'twinking', no, it's not bannable to leave warzone early (they even made button for that lolz), it's not exploit nor hack. They are not getting any reward. In fact, I think they are punishing them selves, since pre 50 WZ are filled with frustration, pain, stupidity and ignorance.

There stats would be the same. it scales everyone to an = 49

I think you are the one not understanding.

Twinking ( which is what this thread was asking) For most older gamers, was just about over gearing your toon.

It has since changed in meaning. So some of us that saw this. ( older gamers ) had no idea that now it pertains to people leaving warzones.

So as a few have replied about the gear ( because that was what twinking was originally about)

Actually I did know that. I had twinks in WOW. Learn the new **** its been out a year

Base stats. yes. But item is bonus stat, so from greens Mara1 will get less bonus then Mara2 from his purples.

if you don't trust me, go into WZ in green items, make screenshot of stats, then leave and enter WZ with purple/blue items.

You are both wrong.

Take a level 40 toon, equip him in greens and join a warzone.

Now take the same toon, give him full lvl 40 purples and join a warzone.

You will have different bolstered stats.

Wearing greens bolsters you to lvl 49 IN greens equivalent.

Wearing purples bolsters you to lvl 49 IN purples equivalent.

You are both wrong.

Take a level 40 toon, equip him in greens and join a warzone.

Now take the same toon, give him full lvl 40 purples and join a warzone.

You will have different bolstered stats.

Wearing greens bolsters you to lvl 49 IN greens equivalent.

Wearing purples bolsters you to lvl 49 IN purples equivalent.

So by your logic I could have all lvl 14 purples on my lvl 40 and in WZ will still be scaled to purp power