Interesting behavior

thekidpow

So, on one hand we have, and I'm paraphrasing the general attitude of the anti-BW crowd (most of these forums), an extreme desire for the development team to increase the rate and content of communication to the player base. A valid hope, for certain.

But, as we have seen time and time again and especially today with respect to the news of the pay structure for Makeb, the forummers do not listen when the BW devs do stand up to speak. Why bother asking them to talk more if you're only going to hear what you want any way?

You have to partly blame bio. Give us more info on what we are getting before you start throwing out new **** we gotta buy to keep playing. Get me excited first.

You don't have to buy it.

And they have already said the following:

New story

New planet

5 new levels (abilities, skills, etc)

New systems - so far this is the only thing we are unclear on that has already been stated by Jeff Hickman in the same paragraph that he describes the internal debate over whether or not to charge for Makeb.

People are entitled to make a value judgement based on information released; as we've seen plenty of times in many arenas, promises & vague statements aren't worth a great deal.

If Bioware have secretly a million plans to add to Makeb and aren't telling anyone, then they have only themselves to blame if a bunch of players are stating 'well, that doesn't seem like it's worth $10'. That's their value judgement to make. It's neither wrong, right, or anti-BW.

New story

New planet

New systems - so far this is the only thing we are unclear on that has already been stated by Jeff Hickman in the same paragraph that he describes the internal debate over whether or not to charge for Makeb.

No I get that, but ususally mmo's have like trailors and stuff to boost hype. A lot of ppl on forums know not to trust Bio's descriptions/promises by now

People are entitled to make a value judgement based on information released; as we've seen plenty of times in many arenas, promises & vague statements aren't worth a great deal.

If Bioware have secretly a million plans to add to Makeb and aren't telling anyone, then they have only themselves to blame if a bunch of players are stating 'well, that doesn't seem like it's worth $10'. That's their value judgement to make. It's neither wrong, right, or anti-BW.

The value isn't in question (at least for the most part) it's the having to pay for it to begin with that is pissing off the numbskulls who don't absorb the information they're given.

New story

New planet

Actually I didn't see that we would get new skills. I was wondering this myself. It just says 5 levels in the FAQ I believe, but I would hope to see at least 1-2 new abilities per tree.

Maybe even a redone tree all together like some other games do when Xpacs hit. The trees are actually well done IMO. There isn't much filler and at least with the classes I play they fit well with hybrid and full tree specs. But wit that said, new is usually good.

Great reply!

The value isn't in question (at least for the most part) it's the having to pay for it to begin with that is pissing off the numbskulls who don't absorb the information they're given.

We may have to agree to disagree on this. We have had free content updates. It's a pretty grey area to go from a free content update to a paid expansion if the expansion doesn't contain enough of more of <whatever people want>. That is why I said it's a value judgement - if Bioware want to advertise a paid expansion, it behoves them to provide as much mouth-watering detail as possible to get people to pre-order. Conversely, lack of information enables a comparison between existing free content (e.g. HK-51 & Section X) and Makeb & people asking, I think legitimately, whether the price is justified.

It's not so much entitlement as attempting, with minimal information, to gauge whether it's a good deal or a rip-off. In a subscription environment, being presented with what might turn out to be an obligatory rip-off (if for example level 55 means the next batch of free content is gated by the paid expansion) is going to cause flames.

It would all be much easier if we'd had a full press release on what the expansion will contain; then at least people could argue pointlessly with real data to hand. Even with that full information, some people will feel that the price isn't justified - that's not wrong, just their value judgement.

Edited by Grammarye

We may have to agree to disagree on this. We have had free content updates. It's a pretty grey area to go from a free content update to a paid expansion if the expansion doesn't contain enough of more of <whatever people want>. That is why I said it's a value judgement - if Bioware want to advertise a paid expansion, it behoves them to provide as much mouth-watering detail as possible to get people to pre-order. Conversely, lack of information enables a comparison between existing free content (e.g. HK-51 & Section X) and Makeb & people asking, I think legitimately, whether the price is justified.

It's not so much entitlement as attempting, with minimal information, to gauge whether it's a good deal or a rip-off. In a subscription environment, being presented with what might turn out to be an obligatory rip-off (if for example level 55 means the next batch of free content is gated by the paid expansion) is going to cause flames.

It would all be much easier if we'd had a full press release on what the expansion will contain; then at least people could argue pointlessly with real data to hand. Even with that full information, some people will feel that the price isn't justified - that's not wrong, just their value judgement.

good post and you dropped behove!:)

So, on one hand we have, and I'm paraphrasing the general attitude of the anti-BW crowd (most of these forums), an extreme desire for the development team to increase the rate and content of communication to the player base. A valid hope, for certain.

But, as we have seen time and time again and especially today with respect to the news of the pay structure for Makeb, the forummers do not listen when the BW devs do stand up to speak. Why bother asking them to talk more if you're only going to hear what you want any way?

Well on the one hand they changed their mind on the price, that's life, but no one has to be happy about it either.

But on the other hand you can't seem to buy it for Cashshop coins, to subscribers HAVE to pay on top of their subscription, when ever other Freemium MMORPG allows you to save up to get it within your subs - I can't see how this isn't a "valid concern". :confused:

Thank you, this is exactly it.

Awesome point and very true

So I heard from BioWare...It was gonna be free to subscriber's.

I heard from BioWare...It's $9.99 to subscriber's.

So I am wrong to ask them to now clarify which one it is?:eek:

Edited by Taorus

What they've offered is worth $10 when compared to what you get in "that other game's" expansions for 5x the price. There is no question there.

Will there be disappointment that the class stories seem to have been dropped? Probably. That and many other things. But, hey, that's the players' fault for not subscribing to the game, right? Right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!

Edited by DarthTHC