Only 1 Viable Strategy for Ancient Hypergates? (Control Pylons)

itsmymillertime

harassing the opposing node is a losing tactic in this wz. you are giving the enemy free kills = free points.

the best strategy to win is to fully control one side and win the fighting in mid. controlling 2 nodes is unnecessary, and given the distance between them it is most definitely going to lead to you being over-rotated at some point and you would likely lose both pylons.

That's why you must not commit to holding both a stealther is a huge plus I will force the enemy to hold 2 guards at that point I go mid and take out ppl to help hold mid if they send the 2nd guard to reinforce mid I immediately go after their pylon usually try to cap it when under 1 min 1 guard can't hold vs a good stealther and as I posted above I don't have to kill him if I can't or is too time consuming just trick him also recommend u take a quick look if any enemy is on route with a orb before engaging

kills are not on the same level as the charge captures. The most important being, you could have 25+ kills, but they are not added to your score until the detonation. And if you can take the enemies pylon, ALL their kills up to the point you took the pylon are wiped out and not counted. So its not really great to steal their pylon right off (if you cannot hold it for long) but steal it right before a detonation, even if they retake it immediately the still lose all the kills up to that point. and their temp cap gets reset.

A decent strategy is to have 2 folks guarding a pylon, and 4-5 folks control the middle, and have 1-2 folks run charges. Charges are added immediately to your score and are permanent. very useful if the game is close and both teams are over the temp cap to win, but close enough where 1-2 charge caps will finish the game before those temp caps are added to their score.

Not true.

I played a game where my side lost our pylon one round, and still managed to win.

Yes I played a match against a stronger team. We played well and had control of two pylons one rounds and one the rest. However by the end of the match we lost by a hair. I know they had bigger numbers and orbs.

One strategy that has been working recently:

Start off with a 4/4 split. If they do the same it will come down to which group is better at teamwork. Otherwise one side will always be at an advantage:

4 vs 3

4 vs 2

4 vs 1

While the other side will be at a disadvantage

4 vs 5

4 vs 6

4 vs 7

The side with the advantage just needs to focus well and cap quickly. Then send 2 people over to the other side to even the numbers (completely disregard middle). The 4 disadvantaged players on your team can stall capping if they play correctly and stagger their deaths. The goal is to either prevent the other team by whatever means available, from capping the other pylon.

Assassins are notoriously good at this.

Winning the deathmatch only matters if they hold a pylon.

Edited by Yeochins