My Twilek smuggler wants a Twilek companion - Vette would be ideal

AlrikFassbauer

Hello,

I'm currently playing a blue Twilek smuggler as my main character.

Now, as a player, since I've heard of Vette (didn't look for companion guies because i disdn't want to get spoiled myself), I'm frustrated. Why can't my character have her as a companion ? She would be fitting very well.

But until now - received level 19 only the day before yesterday - I had to run around with Corto Riggs. Not bad, but not a "romancing companion" I had hoped of since i knew that SWTOR had companions one could romance with.

Now that I've got the ship, I'm stuck with companion I don't really feel that they suit me - both as player & as th character I play.

So, personally, I'd like to see a little bit ... different possibilities.

Personally, I don't quite understand why my blue Twilek can't "have" a female, blue Twilek companion.

Personally, I believe that this would fit so well that I don't really like to have any other possibilities, to be frank.

Now I'm interested in how the smuggler's class story would/will go on. But I don't believe - from the little things i know right now, that it will change.

Alrik

Sad. I'm still frustrated.

Edit : My inner cynic adds : "Let's give the most interesting companions to the Imperials and let's dump the less interesting ones for the Republic.

Of course, this is only my "inner cynic" adding. I still don't know enough of the game to say whether this is actually true or not (and I'll never play the Imperials - at least I don't plan to. I just don't like this faction. It's too much on the dark side for my taste).

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Hello,

I'm currently playing a blue Twilek smuggler as my main character.

Now, as a player, since I've heard of Vette (didn't look for companion guies because i disdn't want to get spoiled myself), I'm frustrated. Why can't my character have her as a companion ? She would be fitting very well.

Alrik

I am having a hard time reading and understanding this as I am not sure what a guies is and I looked in the dictionary for a disdn't and found nothing too. Not to mention the abuse of the comma in this short paragraph.

Companions are class specific.

As much as I want to steal the BH's Jawa companion for my own, I understand why it is that way.

That might be the case during your class story, but Vette isn't the ONLY twi'lek in the universe. There is no reason why we can't add generic companions. They have next to no story/involvement anyway.

I was disappointed that there wasn't a female Twi'lek companion for my male Twi'lek Smuggler as well, but that's how it goes. I had to settle for Risha for my character's romance, though at least Risha was a fairly interesting character.

I definitely wouldn't mind some "generic" romance companions, though. Twi'leks and others.

• 1 year later...
Why can't we just trade the warrior Akaavi Spar for Vette? I think she'd get along with him a lot better, and Vette and Risha are besties according to their stories.

Because Akaavi is melee dps and Vette is ranged dps, and the role of ranged dps comp is already taken by Risha. And as far "getting along with him better", that depends entirely on how you play the smuggler character. If you play conceptually as a violent/hardcore character, Akaavi is the better match.

Each class has 5 companions who fulfill the roles of range dps, melee dps, ranged tank, melee tank, and healer. And personality-wise the companions are all varied: you have the upbeat/positive one, the rogue/con man/sleezeball, the tough-guy/hardasss, etc. It's redundant to have duplicates of the same role and/or personality type.

On a side note, re: companion roles + personality, it seems that the ranged tank companions tend to be the patriotic/enthusiastic ones: T7, M1-4X, Lt Iresso, Corso, Lt Pierce, Blizz, and Xalek (with the notable except being Kaliyo, because she would say screw you and screw your cause, lol)

Edited by HeatRacer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.