The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Patch 1.7 - NO NEW CONTENT! WE WANT QOL CHANGES!

ObiJuanShenobi

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To OP, this is a good read, might help you understand how software companies actually work ;)

Why Haven't They Fixed My Bug??

Click above link and enjoy ;)

I get it. I wonder if we are near the end of PC gaming (I mean the big studios releasing stuff for regular PCs).

Surely it's going to be simpler developing for the next gen of consoles.

I have a feeling that TOR could be one of the last of its kind.

Some QOL should come with new content, as part of the expansion, sitting in chairs and going to get a new hair style alone is not going set the gaming world on fire and bring players back, to me QOL & content go hand in hand, as a game grows in content so does the QOL.. to me any way.. :)

Sorry to bust your bubble princess, but SWTOR's team has been gutted a couple of months back. The only "team" left are: a bunch of texture artists that continually reskin the same old models over and over and over again, script kiddies that tweak old stuff and pretend its new content (notice how bugs never get fixed, but becomes "features"?), and forum mods with keybinds to "delete message" and "issue warnings".

Seriously thats it. All their resources are focused on the Cartel store. They will keep reskinning the same old junk and LOL-charging you $12 for the same outfit you've had since beta, but now "more orange!".

This game really is a sinking ship. With Pay2Win alive and strong, there is no other direction to go but down.

Do not repost and do not presume to speak for anyone other than yourself. :rolleyes: This isn't WoW, nor should it be. I disagree with ~3/4ths of what you put forth, and would actively speak out against them if they were ever considered. Edited by CelCawdro

To OP, this is a good read, might help you understand how software companies actually work ;)

Got to love the addendum:

Yes, yes, you’ve come to tell me how I’m a lame fanboy making excuses for SWTOR (and also a psychic, since I wrote this long before the game was announced)

Doesn't really matter which MMO you look at, people with zero experience in regards to game development will simply NEVER understand how these sort of things work or are handled. To most of them it all appears as easy as just running by the list of bugs and issues one by one and crossing them off one at a day.

Dual spec? Frankly you can remove it from list since its already in-game(sub dont pay to respec and with legency perk you can do it anywhere/anytime). Of course there could be some improvments(like actually have 2 specs with own quick bars - re-arrange skills everytime you respec is timeconsuming!).

Sitting in chairs is proberly a huge update for BW(I'm pretty sure they have taken some serious short-cuts since its not already ingame).

Edited by tingen

As I mentioned in my post, I hate WoW. And i'll never go back. I last played the week before SWTOR pre-release. But it's not too much to ask that the basic QOL features be added to this game.

Much of your post is a wish list of nice to haves, not must have desperately needed quality of life issues.

I disagree with any of it being desperately urgent other than trying to get the long standing bugs eradicated.

Here is the line, BW... I'm drawing it.

There are a whole lot of us who DO NOT WANT NEW CONTENT FOR 1.7! Why? You have way more important stuff to worry about.

The quality of life in this game is terrible. You need to make drastic changes soon. I propose Patch 1.7 - Quality of Life.

- We need to be able to sit in chairs.

-We need to be able to customize our appearance (barber shop option)

-We need to be able to play mini-games such as Pazaak

-We need to be able to dual spec

- Implement getting drunk. I know it sounds silly...but I loved that feature in WoW :)

-We need to have an in-game guild calendar. Easier to set stuff up than just using the message of the day.

-You need to give a huge effort to fix the countless bugs in this game. I was in Voidstar yesterday, we (Republic) dominated it and destroyed the IMPS and capped every door after the IMPS didn't even cap one door.(if you play on PO5, you know just how rare it is to even get a win as a level 50), After we won, we were given the DEFEAT. What?? This place has been buggy since release. Tend to your crap!

Hopefully once (if) it comes time for an expansion, you will tend to other MAJOR changes:

-WORLD EXPLORATION! - As it sits, once you have quested through a planet, you have NO REASON to ever go back there. There needs to be major overhauls on your planets. Make it worth going back to!

-Flying speeders - many are against this because it ruins world-PVP...but guess what? World PVP is already ruined :) Flying speeders exist in Star Wars, kinda silly they don't exist.

-Off rails space combat. Think Battle Front! Can you imagine an off-rails space combat PVP WZ? Fight your way through enemy lines to board their space station, then fight your way through the station via normal combat to acheiv an objective. Beginning of SW Ep 3 comes to mind.

-Arena system! A little 3v3, 2v2, 5v5 would be awesome! What I DON'T want to see if this comes is making Arena gear the best in the game. There shouldn't be any "Arena gear", just regular Elite War Hero gear would be fine.

-New CTF WZ's.

-Gear-based tiering when you que for WZ's

-Cross server Queing

-Acheivement tab

-Cooking and fishing profession

-Paid server transfer!

-Paid name change!

- MORE THAN ONE BASE. I hate the buggy hell that is the fleet. We need more than one place to call home.

But for now, the focus needs to be on QOL changes for 1.7. Please make it happen...

If these features seem familiar....too much like that "other game". Please spare me the "Go back to WoW!". I don't want to go back to that stupid Panda Express. I hate that game. But they do have features that BW could learn from and would do well to implement.

I understand that SWTOR is in its vanilla stage, but changes need to be made soon or it will follow SWG before you know it.

I agree with you OP... that's why I'm quitting this game (if most of this is not fixed) before ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE get's released.

I highly support this!!!

Those quality of life features announced pre-launch NEED to be here. Take people off of cartel-market crap and get it done. There's chair-themed mounts but no regular chairs? What the heck? Every player should be given a speed-1 (slow) hover chair of some kind as a work-around so we can all at least sit down sometimes!

OK, so there are different teams. There's an "art team" there's "bug fix" team. The article does not explain why the cartel-market item team (the one that made various chair themed mounts) can't send every player a chair of some kind and say merry-life day, here's the chairs we promised in March.

It does not explain why the world builders (the ones who re-arrange npcs from time to time on Nar Shadda for some reason) could not add the already existing captain's chairs around a table in every cantina.

Daniel Erickson said it was "emberrassing" we didn't have these features already back in march of 2012. I agree. It's as if they only want to add features that they can advertise in a mailer and "We finally have chair-sitting" just sounds pathetic, so they don't do it. Or who knows why they don't do it, but they need to know that broken promises piss off those who've been patient enough to stay subbed all year.

Also to state that the writer of that article HAS NOT NOR EVER worked on an MMO. He says so himself on his thread and many people on that thread show him that he does indeed talk directly out of his rear.

I agree with you OP... that's why I'm quitting this game (if most of this is not fixed) before ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE get's released.

So you're assuming the elder scrolls online will have all of those. Hmmm... i think i know where this is heading.

You really should stop focusing on unreasonable requests and should focus more on having fun.

So you're assuming the elder scrolls online will have all of those. Hmmm... i think i know where this is heading.

You really should stop focusing on unreasonable requests and should focus more on having fun.

Is it unreasonable of me to expect social stuff to be added to an MMORPG? REALLY? Most if not few of the tings the OP had in his list should have been in the game since release, if we are to follow what is labeled as standard features for a game to be called MMO.

Edited by siegedeluxe