The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Patch 1.7 - NO NEW CONTENT! WE WANT QOL CHANGES!

ObiJuanShenobi

Here is the line, BW... I'm drawing it.

There are a whole lot of us who DO NOT WANT NEW CONTENT FOR 1.7! Why? You have way more important stuff to worry about.

The quality of life in this game is terrible. You need to make drastic changes soon. I propose Patch 1.7 - Quality of Life.

- We need to be able to sit in chairs.

-We need to be able to customize our appearance (barber shop option)

-We need to be able to play mini-games such as Pazaak

-We need to be able to dual spec

- Implement getting drunk. I know it sounds silly...but I loved that feature in WoW :)

-We need to have an in-game guild calendar. Easier to set stuff up than just using the message of the day.

-You need to give a huge effort to fix the countless bugs in this game. I was in Voidstar yesterday, we (Republic) dominated it and destroyed the IMPS and capped every door after the IMPS didn't even cap one door.(if you play on PO5, you know just how rare it is to even get a win as a level 50), After we won, we were given the DEFEAT. What?? This place has been buggy since release. Tend to your crap!

Hopefully once (if) it comes time for an expansion, you will tend to other MAJOR changes:

-WORLD EXPLORATION! - As it sits, once you have quested through a planet, you have NO REASON to ever go back there. There needs to be major overhauls on your planets. Make it worth going back to!

-Flying speeders - many are against this because it ruins world-PVP...but guess what? World PVP is already ruined :) Flying speeders exist in Star Wars, kinda silly they don't exist.

-Off rails space combat. Think Battle Front! Can you imagine an off-rails space combat PVP WZ? Fight your way through enemy lines to board their space station, then fight your way through the station via normal combat to acheiv an objective. Beginning of SW Ep 3 comes to mind.

-Arena system! A little 3v3, 2v2, 5v5 would be awesome! What I DON'T want to see if this comes is making Arena gear the best in the game. There shouldn't be any "Arena gear", just regular Elite War Hero gear would be fine.

-New CTF WZ's.

-Gear-based tiering when you que for WZ's

-Cross server Queing

-Acheivement tab

-Cooking and fishing profession

-Paid server transfer!

-Paid name change!

- MORE THAN ONE BASE. I hate the buggy hell that is the fleet. We need more than one place to call home.

But for now, the focus needs to be on QOL changes for 1.7. Please make it happen...

If these features seem familiar....too much like that "other game". Please spare me the "Go back to WoW!". I don't want to go back to that stupid Panda Express. I hate that game. But they do have features that BW could learn from and would do well to implement.

I understand that SWTOR is in its vanilla stage, but changes need to be made soon or it will follow SWG before you know it.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their team was seriously cut. So they are working with a lot less. They have a list of things they want to do, but most are on the if we get around to it we will add it. Their main thing is Cartel because of all the money they are making with it. they are going to add at least something each week for Cartel for the next 4 months or so. Also there are several more packs coming.

Their team was seriously cut. So they are working with a lot less. They have a list of things they want to do, but most are on the if we get around to it we will add it. Their main thing is Cartel because of all the money they are making with it. they are going to add at least something each week for Cartel for the next 4 months or so. Also there are several more packs coming.

How bad were they cut?

I'm all for the Cartel Shop, but they need to fix the system. Subscribers shouldn't be put in any position to spend more money than their sub to get items. Like Life Day stuff and gear sets. You can get them on GTN for a crap load of creds, but I dont think that should be the answer.

Before you can even start asking for basic fixes, they need to actually run their testing server full time and respond to anyone that bothers filing reports.

As it stands, any reports filed are ignored - making the player testing server worthless. If they ignore those of us who play on the server, what kind of hope do you have of getting these perfectly sound things put in game?

Not a criticism but it sounds like the OP should be playing WoW since most of the things on their list are in that game.

As I mentioned in my post, I hate WoW. And i'll never go back. I last played the week before SWTOR pre-release. But it's not too much to ask that the basic QOL features be added to this game.

Before you can even start asking for basic fixes, they need to actually run their testing server full time and respond to anyone that bothers filing reports.

As it stands, any reports filed are ignored - making the player testing server worthless. If they ignore those of us who play on the server, what kind of hope do you have of getting these perfectly sound things put in game?

I totally agree with this

None of your "needs" are anything more than wants, and most of them aren't even that important. Hell half of them are just flat out bad ideas.

One I will agree with is that paid server transfers need to happen NOW. I have been waiting to consolidate my legacies for like 6 months now and it is starting to make me mad.

I totally agree with this

double-agree.

we "testers" bother to log into the test server and file reports on bugs.

those same EXACT bugs still go to production as-is. It doesn't matter WHY they don't fix the reported bugs, the fact that they are not addressed until after everyone on LIVE complains about them being there is very frustratiing for those of us who thought to help BW actually FIX the bugs before they go to LIVE.

So, we are left with .... "Why even bother?"

The quality of life in this game is terrible. You need to make drastic changes soon. I propose Patch 1.7 - Quality of Life.

These here

are not "quality of life" features.

This might be an MMO lingo that I'm not familiar with but IRL "quality of life" has to do with things that make your life better/easier. How is getting your character to do the cha-cha while drunk making your life or game experience better?

As far as I'm concerned all the above things are fluff. Fun, but fluff.

I mean...come on... sitting in chairs? THAT'S the biggest issue of the game and what they should focus on?

Not the crashing clients? The lag? The slow loading speeds?

The actual quality of life suggestions, are these ones:

-We need to have an in-game guild calendar. Easier to set stuff up than just using the message of the day.

-You need to give a huge effort to fix the countless bugs in this game. I was in Voidstar yesterday, we (Republic) dominated it and destroyed the IMPS and capped every door after the IMPS didn't even cap one door.(if you play on PO5, you know just how rare it is to even get a win as a level 50), After we won, we were given the DEFEAT. What?? This place has been buggy since release. Tend to your crap!

and I support them as well as your suggestions for the expansion.

Edited by TheNahash

- Implement getting drunk. I know it sounds silly...but I loved that feature in WoW

-We need to have an in-game guild calendar.

-You need to give a huge effort to fix the countless bugs in this game.

-WORLD EXPLORATION! -

-Flying speeders -

-Off rails space combat.

-Arena system!

-New CTF WZ's.

-Cross server Queing

-Acheivement tab

-Paid server transfer!

-Paid name change!

- MORE THAN ONE BASE.

Things I don't personally want

Things I don't have an opinion one way or another about

Things I'd like to see

See link: http://mrlizard.com/rants/why-havent-they-fixed-this-bug/

Now mind you, all these are just personal opinion, but I do have something to say about dual spec. As it stands right now, subscribers respec free, and with the field respec option, you can respec in about 30 seconds if you know your preferred spec well enough.

The red things are red because I wouldn't use them, the yellow things because I might use them, but probably not much, and the green things are things I'd definitely use. The Cyan thing has already been linked, but I'm doing it again to point out that the content development team will always work faster than the bug fixing team, and its dumb to make them sit on their hands while the bug team plays catch up.

If 1.7 was all QOL changes, I'd be okay with that, as long as 1.8 was being developed concurrently and was capable of being released 1-2 months after 1.7. Otherwise, I'd prefer 1.7 to be content and 1.8 to be QOL.

To the OP, add for them to add Pod Racing. Why is it that the mounts simply don't feel like a speeder. Add a 'Need for Speed' element into the game. Where I can have my pod racer on my ship, customize it, trick it out and race it for fame and fortune.

This is a KOTOR experience that should be in the game, as well as Pazaak and Dejarik.

It would run like a mini game, similar to how you have the Space Combat designed, except with the ability to spectate and multiple players in a circuit.

I know it is asking a lot, but like the OP is suggesting, it is the little things that help waste time in-game, instead of driving the speeder in circles on the fleet while waiting for friends to pop on.

While I agree that some QOL stuff should be added, I'm much more concerned about the constant lag, crashes, bugs and other problems that people are having over an option to get drunk. Some people can't get coins that they've paid for, some people haven't even been able to log into the game since 1.6 came out due to patcher problems, etc.

i agree with most of the list you posted because,

1. in this game the crafting is so easy that you dont need to spend alot of time farming or cocking or standing next to a bench crafting as other MMOs, i like it that way cause i have more time for other things BUT after doing the dailies in BH and X section with the PVP daily and FPs, there is nothing more to do unless you have a real good raiding guild which you can do OPs with or pre made pvp group.

so all the time in other games which you spend in crafting for example is free time in SWTOR and that why a fishing skills, farming, gathering new rare items for crafting can help to give us something to do instead running in the fleet while jumping.

so far i really LOVE the game and find it better than any other MMOs but for a single player with out a guild or in a casual guild you really need more to do.

As I mentioned in my post, I hate WoW. And i'll never go back. I last played the week before SWTOR pre-release. But it's not too much to ask that the basic QOL features be added to this game.

For hating WoW you sure do like most of it.... aka if you like most of something then you must like it. I played wow for 7 years and UO for 7 years before that.... nither game was the same... SWTOR should not be the same as WoW...which is what you you are casically asking for...

BTW saying many of us want QoL instead of content means you are speaking for others... how about you let them speak for themselves and you only speak for yourself? I know that might be hard to understand... since you seem to think the SWTOR universe revolves around you.. but try and think that not everyone wants what you want. KK special snowflake?

For hating WoW you sure do like most of it.... aka if you like most of something then you must like it. I played wow for 7 years and UO for 7 years before that.... nither game was the same... SWTOR should not be the same as WoW...which is what you you are casically asking for...

BTW saying many of us want QoL instead of content means you are speaking for others... how about you let them speak for themselves and you only speak for yourself? I know that might be hard to understand... since you seem to think the SWTOR universe revolves around you.. but try and think that not everyone wants what you want. KK special snowflake?

well isnt BW going the same way?

before the game release they said that fighting ONE mob as a boss is not heroic but look at all their flash points and operations.

There are a whole lot of us who DO NOT WANT NEW CONTENT FOR 1.7! Why? You have way more important stuff to worry about.

- Implement getting drunk. I know it sounds silly...but I loved that feature in WoW :)

Hopefully once (if) it comes time for an expansion, you will tend to other MAJOR changes:

-WORLD EXPLORATION! - As it sits, once you have quested through a planet, you have NO REASON to ever go back there. There needs to be major overhauls on your planets. Make it worth going back to!

-Flying speeders - many are against this because it ruins world-PVP...but guess what? World PVP is already ruined :) Flying speeders exist in Star Wars, kinda silly they don't exist.

-Off rails space combat. Think Battle Front! Can you imagine an off-rails space combat PVP WZ? Fight your way through enemy lines to board their space station, then fight your way through the station via normal combat to acheiv an objective. Beginning of SW Ep 3 comes to mind.

-Arena system! A little 3v3, 2v2, 5v5 would be awesome! What I DON'T want to see if this comes is making Arena gear the best in the game. There shouldn't be any "Arena gear", just regular Elite War Hero gear would be fine.

-New CTF WZ's.

-Cross server Queing

-Acheivement tab

-Paid server transfer!

-Paid name change!

- MORE THAN ONE BASE. I hate the buggy hell that is the fleet. We need more than one place to call home.

But for now, the focus needs to be on QOL changes for 1.7. Please make it happen...

If these features seem familiar....too much like that "other game". Please spare me the "Go back to WoW!". I don't want to go back to that stupid Panda Express. I hate that game. But they do have features that BW could learn from and would do well to implement.

I understand that SWTOR is in its vanilla stage, but changes need to be made soon or it will follow SWG before you know it.

Bioware doesn't care about your line. They will push what they want.