Scoundrel feels just like a regular smuggler

AvalonCeriano

A scoundrel doesnt get many of there signature moves till the early thirties, or till level 40. Unless you go heals.

There are two abilities that will make a ton of difference in how you start encounters in both pve, and pvp.

Shootfirst:Hits for about 10% more than Backblast, is used from stealth, and when talented in the Middle tree will knock the target on there face for 1.5 seconds.

Flechette Round: Is an abiltiy that when you use it will make your next Shoot First or Back-blast apply a dot that does, just about as much damage as shoot first over the course of six seconds, this dot also applies a 30% armor reduction, on the target.

Before these two abilties however the class is just a stun monkey. It used to be better, when back blast was on an 8 second cooldown, and your abilties hit for a bit more than they do today(pre nerfs) , but since the nerfs, the class is nearly impossible to level as a scrapper.

Edited by Haystak

Am I missing anything here? I don't feel that my scoundrel is any different then a lvl 10 smuggler. Am I just playing it wrong??

I'm about a lvl 23ish and have spent most of my points in the 2nd tree. Don't remember which one that is.

You'll be laughing when you hit lvl 36

... the class is nearly impossible to level as a scrapper.

Overstating the case rather, of course you can level as scrapper. Maybe it's not as faceroll easy as some other classes and you have to learn these weird, arcane tactics like "CC", but not close to nearly impossible.

Overstating the case rather, of course you can level as scrapper. Maybe it's not as faceroll easy as some other classes and you have to learn these weird, arcane tactics like "CC", but not close to nearly impossible.

The impossible statement was directed more towards the PvP side of the house. PvE in this game is pretty generic and easy. Tranq one guy, flash bang the next guy, pew pew pew.

At 25 and below the scrappers main mechanics are nowhere to be found, leveling as a Scrapper...though possible, is gimping yourself, because you just get sucker punch, which even with flying fists proc is still number 4 on your list of top damaging abilties.

Thank you all for the help. I've decided to go ahead and lvl this toon til 50. Then I will probably make a jedi or something.

Also, I don't do PVP. I'm not as fast as I used to be with the controls and get all flustered when a teenager, who has more time then me to actually play, kills me in one hit. :D

At 25 and below the scrappers main mechanics are nowhere to be found, leveling as a Scrapper...though possible, is gimping yourself, because you just get sucker punch, which even with flying fists proc is still number 4 on your list of top damaging abilties.

no one cares about flying fist damage. it's all about the extra upper hands

The impossible statement was directed more towards the PvP side of the house.

Fair enough, didn't realise you were referring to strict PvP levelling. In which case it *would* be frustrating waiting on your decent abilities.

no one cares about flying fist damage. it's all about the extra upper hands

Flying Fists is effectively free extra damage on Sucker Punch (when just thinking about how much individual abilities do). You need to count it in if you want a true picture of how much Sucker Punch does. Takes it from below Blaster Whip to above it for me, which I think was Haystak's point about it.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Flying Fists is effectively free extra damage on Sucker Punch (when just thinking about how much individual abilities do). You need to count it in if you want a true picture of how much Sucker Punch does. Takes it from below Blaster Whip to above it for me, which I think was Haystak's point about it.

i suppose i can see that that's how he meant it now.

i still think that round two is the main appeal of sucker punch, not flying fists

Thank you all for the help. I've decided to go ahead and lvl this toon til 50. Then I will probably make a jedi or something.

Also, I don't do PVP. I'm not as fast as I used to be with the controls and get all flustered when a teenager, who has more time then me to actually play, kills me in one hit. :D

Oh man, do I know those feels.

I've been noticing that the older I get, the slower my reaction times are and the more I fumble with keybinds. I've noticed it mainly while playing TF2. In just 5 short years, I was able to notice a change.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Scrapper. It's an awesome spec with one of the best leveling experiences in the game. If you figure out your abilities (heals, snares, CCs, etc.) you can easily accomplish any of the regular single player content, all of the Heroic 2s, and many/most of the Heroic 4s. Stealth and Sneak also let you skip a lot of the trash if you don't want to waste time with it.

Enjoy!