If I wanted to gamble, I would spend money at a gambling sight... Not in an MMO

Individual

Then do it. Why does it bother you that others may buy them? In fact, their buying them is what allows you do get them off the GTN so, in a manner of speaking, they are helping you. Why would you be angry at them for it?

The game you are playing was designed, funded, and developed with a subscription model in mind. The game would not resemble what it is if a cash shop model was the revenue model.

If you like this game, you should be more p.o.'d than those who don't. The cash shop will fundamentally change the game forever.

The game and everything in it to this point in time has been paid for by subscribers. All development from this point forward will be aimed solely to sell crap in the CM. The novelty of it will quickly fade and the game will then have neither a subscriber base, nor a CM market to drive it. It will not prolong the game's life.

The game you are playing was designed, funded, and developed with a subscription model in mind. The game would not resemble what it is if a cash shop model was the revenue model.

If you like this game, you should be more p.o.'d than those who don't. The cash shop will fundamentally change the game forever.

The game and everything in it to this point in time has been paid for by subscribers. All development from this point forward will be aimed solely to sell crap in the CM. The novelty of it will quickly fade and the game will then have neither a subscriber base, nor a CM market to drive it. It will not prolong the game's life.

Its a good argument. I tend to agree with it, not entirely because we can't predict the future, but well stated and very plausible.

For now, it has kept me from letting my sub go. I'd not played in about 3 months and was waiting for this to come about. There are alot of things about the CC that I like such as experience boosts, being able to just pay for unlocks such as ship banks rather then grind out 5 million credits. Right now its keeping the game alive for me because I don't have to waste my limited time in mindless grinding, endless crafting failures, and can enjoy the game more.

The future? We'll see, "said the Zen Master". ;p

Just another thing added to the game no one asked for or wanted, while the list of stuff people do want grows. Therefore, Bioware thinks you are wrong, you DO want gamble items and to spend your money (real or in game) on a chance to get something with 0 interaction other than clicking on them to open. Please stop denying the truth that these are really what you want in game, Bioware knows better than you do they are paid to after all.