5/5/31:

02:35 - 2:56

27/0/14:

3:35 - 4:52

7:30 - 8:00

0/27/14:

5:42 - 7:29

8:01 - 9:55

Note: 17/1/23 is not 23/1/17. It is a new Balance Hybrid I've made. I will have a later tutorial video covering the basics of it. From the strengths to weaknesses etc.

Nice to see you back. I thought you quit in a big explosion that included bashing people that enjoy playing and investing time in games/MMO's.

For the most part, I am done. I only came back literally for the Shadow / Assassin community and of course - my beloved Watchmen family with the intent of proper closure.

That post was pretty misunderstood. I never bashed any player for playing the game. I merely talked about the human condition in playing and selling them - but let us not get into that on THESE forums. Can head over to the Watchmen forums to continue that.

Great video! Could you give more info about how you're min/maxing your gear, especially for each build and how it changes? Keep up the great work!

There will be a new guide in about two weeks concerning min/maxing / gear / spec updates.

For the most part, I am done. I only came back literally for the Shadow / Assassin community and of course - my beloved Watchmen family with the intent of proper closure.

That post was pretty misunderstood. I never bashed any player for playing the game. I merely talked about the human condition in playing and selling them - but let us not get into that on THESE forums. Can head over to the Watchmen forums to continue that.

Fair enough. Glad to have your expertise here though. I enjoyed your previous videos and it saved me a lot of time/effort in testing builds. =)

Fair enough. Glad to have your expertise here though. I enjoyed your previous videos and it saved me a lot of time/effort in testing builds. =)

Hey that's great. I plan on making some more videos with aiding tutorials. The point of these videos that I release is that they can be a major help. They help ME to review my own playstyle and fix my mistakes. On my break, I viewed my videos and realized just how much it helped me improve as a player. I'm certain it can do the same for others.

Edited by Xinika

Always interesting to watch, good work. I guess being a jack of all trades shadows find it difficult to know their real role in a wz, these videos go a long way to covering that.

Also i've been using a couple of alternate specs you might want to try - this is a variation on the 0 27 14, the anti bubble stun spec. You lose a little burst but the force-to-damage ratio of a stock force breach is still good - you've always got 10m skills to use to pop those *********** bubbles. The extra point in double strike is because i use the stalker pve set, and honestly force in balance is still great force-to-damage if you hit two people with it. 38 force over the course of 15 seconds compared to 25 force, and having double strikes hitting harder all the time. It's not even a 1 force per second saving if you're constantly using force in balance.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601ZfGrRkdbobZcMcRd.2

Another one is a balance spec that works as a more robust 'in the pocket' dps and surprisingly effective as a node guarder (high force regen in stealth for sapping, and stealthies cant get away from you when you dot them up). I'm generally using blackout for defensive purposes, and it doesn't hurt being able to open up on fights with some extra force regen, you can effectively throw out a free project to proc extra melee dmg. Also losing sever force isn't a great deal inside a ranked environment for a shadow dps / node guarder, all two dots will do on an opponent is make your force suppression charges run out way before you can get them up again - i've even tested the dummy and taking sever force out of the rotation doesn't impact my dps at all. Reducing 'setup' time for balance is the key to killing fast imho

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#6010MZfdb0zZfMbRrRkrc.2

Finally in regards to Full balance, i prefer this personally, but ymmv. The extra dps on double strike doesn't compare with 2 points in Celerity IMHO (seems like an OP ability for second tier to me). I'd like to point out i don't take upheaval because i'm generally going to use project combined with force potency, and having an extra chunk stealing a charge isn't ideal. I try to slow instead of using project for the most part - it's good force value, and seeing as i have a fairly high crit bonus (around 400 crit rating) i'm not worried about a slight melee dps increase usually.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#6010cZcMbZfMbRrRkrfz.2

I'd just like to add my thoughts on the infil changes, it is now a fantastic node guarder because of the defensive cooldowns and the force regen in stealth really helps sapping people. I've used it in ranked matches vs the best guilds on my server and it was just as good as a kinetic hybrid, stealing nodes was even better.

Edited by parbs

Often enjoyed the videos but never been a fan of shadow hybrid builds. Whilst I understand the strengths and weaknesses, they usually rely on you being part of a (good) premade to get the full potential out of each spec, and unfortunately that is something I rarely have.

For example, the kinetic-balance hybrids are a lot of fun: good survivability, good damage, good utility. however, it is an extremely weak tank so relies on there being a healer around or being against good players. For myself, I often solo and I play on a pve server, so going the full 31/1/9 route is superior in my circumstances due to the amount of bad players that will let me heal through TKT :D

My favourite build still remains full infiltration. Its what I had in mind during beta, its what I leveled up as and I still love it! Its good to see some others still get enjoyment out of the spec, just wish my guild had another pvp tank so I could go inf more often!

Often enjoyed the videos but never been a fan of shadow hybrid builds. Whilst I understand the strengths and weaknesses, they usually rely on you being part of a (good) premade to get the full potential out of each spec, and unfortunately that is something I rarely have.

For example, the kinetic-balance hybrids are a lot of fun: good survivability, good damage, good utility. however, it is an extremely weak tank so relies on there being a healer around or being against good players. For myself, I often solo and I play on a pve server, so going the full 31/1/9 route is superior in my circumstances due to the amount of bad players that will let me heal through TKT :D

My favourite build still remains full infiltration. Its what I had in mind during beta, its what I leveled up as and I still love it! Its good to see some others still get enjoyment out of the spec, just wish my guild had another pvp tank so I could go inf more often!

The power of free respecs and a highly creative class makes a variety of options for any player delving into this AC, to enjoy.

Infiltration builds: 2/31/8 and 0/27/14 are my favourites.

Yeah, the first Infiltration build is the most fun for me. It depends on my role in PVP, though. If my team has a lot of squishy DPS I would go tank simply to try and divert the other team's attention elsewhere.

I can take multiple people on with tank build in PVP but can't kill them quick. I can completely destroy people in my Infiltration build but don't have the survivability. I do survive long enough to get some help if my CD's are available though. But if I have a good healer AND my infiltration build..............:D

What relic do you think will be good for 27/0/14? I am thinking of two WH relic but I am not sure how to compare it with Dread Guard and Matrix Cube (willpower from matrix cube attracts me).

Thank you for the pointers.

EWH Power Relics. They are the perfection combination, as they have your most beneficial stats as any spec.

I had been running full infiltration 2/31/8 for the longest time but decided to give your 27/14 infiltration build a try and OMG....just wow what a build this is. Once I got used to using FiB/doublestrike/project/breach my damage skyrocketed......my fingers are permently cramped now of course, but hey...I'll pay the price!! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge Xinika. It is much appreciated.

Shin, have you tried a full Balance spec such as: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/shadow#0-ck3-1fe72e6f2f? I have tried a lot of hybrid specs, but always find the damage lacking compared to full Balance. With this spec, I stay extremely mobile and have a ton of tools that can be used for both kiting and anti-kiting. It also is a decently survivable Balance spec. Though, not having Blackout as a defensive hurts at times.

Btw, I still get 5.2-5.8 shadow strikes, with a few 6k+. My FIB also hits for 4-4.5k with a few 5ks.

(Reposted from the now buried PVP section video thread.)

Edited by Andrew_Past

Shin, have you tried a full Balance spec such as: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/shadow#0-ck3-1fe72e6f2f? I have tried a lot of hybrid specs, but always find the damage lacking compared to full Balance. With this spec, I stay extremely mobile and have a ton of tools that can be used for both kiting and anti-kiting. It also is a decently survivable Balance spec. Though, not having Blackout as a defensive hurts at times.

Btw, I still get 5.2-5.8 shadow strikes, with a few 6k+. My FIB also hits for 4-4.5k with a few 5ks.

(Reposted from the now buried PVP section video thread.)

Of course I've tried full Balance specs. I still don't find it impressive in the slightest, maybe even underwhelming with its outrageous ramp up time and squishiness factor. There are Balance hybrids such as 17/1/23 or 4/14/22 that just simply outclass it.