Legacy 20+

Gyun

Since the game is now being targeted mostly to casual f2p people (who'd prefer to buy a gaming experience with cartel coins) with pvp and pve armor that was once earned being given away freely and sets prior being made useless thereby devaluing the actual player base who have played the game since launch....you know, those of us who play and value a challenge in a game, I have a suggestion:

How about making some earn-able rewards of very coveted items/skills available ONLY to those who have taken the time to get to say Legacy 20+ with 20 being the minimum. Tiers could be every 2-5 legacy levels after that for upgrades or newly available things. These things should NOT be purchasable with cartel points!

This seems to me like a nice balance to all the stuff being handed out for free these days and a nod to those who love Star Wars enough to sit through the apparent "NGE decision-making" skills of BW/EA.

Peace!

I agree that there needs to be more tangible rewards for earning a legacy level 20 or higher, and they should only be acquired through legacy level. Right now there is really no point to having a high legacy level. Once you've achieved level 10, it doesn't seem to matter much anymore as far as legacy unlocks go. And most of the legacy unlocks are pretty lame. They should definitely add better ones.

ETA: Also, stop with the credit requirements. If I'm legacy level 25, I don't want to have to pay a couple million credits in addition to unlock something. >_>

Edited by LostInReverie

I

ETA: Also, stop with the credit requirements. If I'm legacy level 25, I don't want to have to pay a couple million credits in addition to unlock something. >_>

This ^

Surely getting to the legacy level is enough?

I would love to see some awesome things added to the legacy system that can't be bought, only earned.

Maybe a mount or some adaptable armour etc. Or maybe have it so that once you hit 20+ the credit cost goes away.

It's true. Legacy is the greatest thing to happen to MMOs!

You heard it here first.

I agree. It was/is a great concept and TOTALLY underutilized (especially in the way I suggest) as if those great minds who conceived it are now gone. I think this is a positive suggestion to enhance the game for many of us - along wit the current direction it is taking.

I've come to the conclusion that the introduction of the Legacy was just a bid to stall for time while they developed the F2P model. If we weren't strung along, they might not have had sufficient revenue to accomplish it.

I have dismal hopes that anything more will be done to it, except for selling out piece by piece in the Cartel Market.

Not only to higher, milestone Legacy Levels need more reward, each individual Legacy level gain needs to have a little bit of "umph" to it. Like granting an account bound high-end consumable or random level-appropriate blue item each time you hit a Legacy level.

Seriously, one of the best ideas for rewarding alt play (i.e., retaining players) and it's just massively under-utilized.

I think they do need to offer more stuff for over 25 legacy and I also agree that there needs to be unlocks that don't require a pile of credits or cartel coins but that isn't going to happen since they can/will/do give the option to unlock legacy via CC.

Having said that I also would like to see the cap raised on legacy and valor. People who have been capped on this are getting the short end of the stick if they do open up more levels of these. If they don't want to up the levels just yet, atleast let our XP still be gaining in the background or something so we're not losing out because of our efforts to get to that level in the first place.

Not only to higher, milestone Legacy Levels need more reward, each individual Legacy level gain needs to have a little bit of "umph" to it. Like granting an account bound high-end consumable or random level-appropriate blue item each time you hit a Legacy level.

Seriously, one of the best ideas for rewarding alt play (i.e., retaining players) and it's just massively under-utilized.

Preferably what you suggest and much, much more, like gear that scales with your level or items with everlasting value.

Players with high legacy levels have proven to be loyal customers.

There's nothing for players that reached legacy 50 already.

I've come to the conclusion that the introduction of the Legacy was just a bid to stall for time while they developed the F2P model. If we weren't strung along, they might not have had sufficient revenue to accomplish it.

I have dismal hopes that anything more will be done to it, except for selling out piece by piece in the Cartel Market.

This makes no sense with legacy having been a planned part of the game even prior to it's launch a year ago but I guess conspiracy theorists will find skeletons in every closet.

Addressing this thread directly; I'm currently legacy level 44. Legacy gains require absolutely nothing from players except that they play the game and the more they play the more legacy experience is racked up. So what everyone seems to want is a special reward for playing the game a lot?!

Seriously? So we're looking for a reward for having the time to play the game more than somebody else..........hmm, okie dokie.

Since the game is now being targeted mostly to casual f2p people (who'd prefer to buy a gaming experience with cartel coins) with pvp and pve armor that was once earned being given away freely and sets prior being made useless thereby devaluing the actual player base who have played the game since launch....you know, those of us who play and value a challenge in a game, I have a suggestion

There is no challenge to be found in PvE. It is only a time sink, nothing else. And a boring one at that.

Each level, on top of whatever unlocks you might can get, should also reward account wide bonuses to stats, much like the whole max affection with companions system. I'd say give people 4 points of presence for every level (total of 200 at 50), and then let them allocate like 2 points a level to their base stats.

They could have the player earn 100CC / Legacy level, working in a similar way to the Favor Points from DDO, at the end of the huge grind the player would have 5k CC which is not a lot, but enough to make anyone smile.

This would make old players happy, since they'll get rewarded for their hard work in the past, and new players aswell. And will probably make F2P stay put a longer time and start thinking about paying something along the way.

They could have the player earn 100CC / Legacy level, working in a similar way to the Favor Points from DDO, at the end of the huge grind the player would have 5k CC which is not a lot, but enough to make anyone smile.

This would make old players happy, since they'll get rewarded for their hard work in the past, and new players aswell. And will probably make F2P stay put a longer time and start thinking about paying something along the way.

This is an interesting suggestion, and they said they've been looking at ways to make CC acquirable in game. Maybe set a delay in though and only make the CC start to come in at Legacy Level 10/20 so people don't just roll up alts on other servers to rush the first few legacy levels super quick.

I'm earning a legacy level per day doing dailies on 1 character on my new server... that'd be earning 100 ccs PER DAY til cap. And if I rerolled on a new server I could do it all over again and never actually pay for anything... So no.

You can already transfer mods with custom legacy gear I think that's already a serious advantage although it would be nice to have some stuff that actually requires serious rank and would reflect how much time you've put into the game. Right now it's pretty much absolutely nothing except low-end requiements for perks. After lvl 10 or 20 it becomes totally pointless. I'd assmune they would have thought about this before but the game has been out a year.

I'm earning a legacy level per day doing dailies on 1 character on my new server... that'd be earning 100 ccs PER DAY til cap. And if I rerolled on a new server I could do it all over again and never actually pay for anything... So no.

This could be solved increasing the XP cap for legacy Lvls. And you would still have to get a lvl 50 to star doing dailies. FTPlayers can only have 2 toons, and they have experience cap as well. They would have to grind a little bit.

Anyways, it was just an idea. :rak_04:

It's a nice idea, but I fear it won't happen.

Lots of good stuff got put on the back burner which translates to never it seems (Regular updates to the CE Vendor? yeah...).

And it's so easy to reward for legacy levels, heck even something like a 1% per legacy level discount on social armors would at least be a start. Right now there are certain legacy levels that you need to hit for unlocks (if you go the credits road), but after that it's just pointless.

And to add insult to injury, legacy unlocks become kind of pointless when you can purchase them with Cartel Coins at any time. Go ahead and let them be bought with Cartel Coins, but keep the legacy level restrictions in place.

It's a nice idea, but I fear it won't happen.

Lots of good stuff got put on the back burner which translates to never it seems (Regular updates to the CE Vendor? yeah...).

And it's so easy to reward for legacy levels, heck even something like a 1% per legacy level discount on social armors would at least be a start. Right now there are certain legacy levels that you need to hit for unlocks (if you go the credits road), but after that it's just pointless.

And to add insult to injury, legacy unlocks become kind of pointless when you can purchase them with Cartel Coins at any time. Go ahead and let them be bought with Cartel Coins, but keep the legacy level restrictions in place.

Oh yeah that's right - updates to the CE vendor. I remember that "promise" or better yet bait and switch.

I was more upset at the lowering of legacy restrictions a while back than I am with them being bought with Cartel coins, but in order for me to really level - yet another - toon. I'd like to see some in game incentive and higher legacy level bonuses would do that AND put a real carrot in the game for players ESPECIALLY if the legacy rewards are worthwhile and not just outright buyable.

I agree there should be more legacy unlocks available past lvl 20. This should be a fun thread.

Here are my legacy +20 ideas:

Barber Shop lvl 10 (200,000 credits or Social V)

-change character appearance

Field Cargo Hold lvl 30 (500,000/750,000/1,000,000 credits)

-summon field cargo hold once every 60/30/15 minutes

Legacy Crafting lvl 30 (350,000 credits or reach lvl 400 on 3 different professions)

-converts all Bind-on-Pickup crafted items to Bind-to-Legacy

Field Galactic Trade Network lvl 35 (unlocks along with the in-ship Galactic Trade Network)

-a button that appears in the UI much like the Cartel Market

Class Story Hardmode Reset lvl 35 (1 million credits or unlocks at completion of at least 2 different class stories)

-redo class stories at hardmore with mobs at level 50 and champions/bosses, completion drops renown/exalted legacy item vouchers.

Legacy Cargo Hold Tab lvl 40 (1 million credits or social level X)

-opens up legacy bank tab, which all alts share

Legacy Ship Bombardment lvl 45 (1 million credits or pvp valor 60)

-usable only once every 20 mins and in pvp realm vs realm only

Legacy Ship Supply Drop lvl 45 (1 million credits or pvp valor 60)

Legacy Advance Class Change lvl 50 (2 million credits or unlocks at completion of at least 4 different class stories)

-change advance class

I agree there should be more legacy unlocks available past lvl 20. This should be a fun thread.

Here are my legacy +20 ideas:

Barber Shop lvl 10 (200,000 credits or Social V)

-change character appearance

Field Cargo Hold lvl 30 (500,000/750,000/1,000,000 credits)

-summon field cargo hold once every 60/30/15 minutes

Legacy Crafting lvl 30 (350,000 credits or reach lvl 400 on 3 different professions)

-converts all Bind-on-Pickup crafted items to Bind-to-Legacy

Field Galactic Trade Network lvl 35 (unlocks along with the in-ship Galactic Trade Network)

-a button that appears in the UI much like the Cartel Market

Class Story Hardmode Reset lvl 35 (1 million credits or unlocks at completion of at least 2 different class stories)

-redo class stories at hardmore with mobs at level 50 and champions/bosses, completion drops renown/exalted legacy item vouchers.

Legacy Cargo Hold Tab lvl 40 (1 million credits or social level X)

-opens up legacy bank tab, which all alts share

Legacy Ship Bombardment lvl 45 (1 million credits or pvp valor 60)

Legacy Ship Supply Drop lvl 45 (1 million credits or pvp valor 60)

Legacy Advance Class Change lvl 50 (2 million credits or unlocks at completion of at least 4 different class stories)

-change advance class

Some great ideas there.....obviously you do not work for BW/EA. :eek: LOL

I really like the image designer option and the AC respect option.

I like:

+bonus of 2-5 presence to all toons on each Legacy level past 20

+1% melee and ranged D (pve and pvp) for legacy 20,25,30...every 5 levels capping at 5% and is cumulative with other such bonuses.

+2% run speed (non and combat) for every 5 legacy levels starting at 20 (like the above), capping at 10% and cumulative with other run speed bonuses.

Others?

This makes no sense with legacy having been a planned part of the game even prior to it's launch a year ago but I guess conspiracy theorists will find skeletons in every closet.

Addressing this thread directly; I'm currently legacy level 44. Legacy gains require absolutely nothing from players except that they play the game and the more they play the more legacy experience is racked up. So what everyone seems to want is a special reward for playing the game a lot?!

Seriously? So we're looking for a reward for having the time to play the game more than somebody else..........hmm, okie dokie.

Like any other "grind", there should be some reward for people's efforts, especially for those who have maxed out legacy. It's not rocket science, and certainly not a conspiracy theory.

BW hyped the legacy system so incredibly much, then it was implemented - and you only need 25 of the 50 legacy levels to use it. and now the cartel shop has taken over many of the legacy perks as well.

bioware is ruining their own designs with other designs.

BW hyped the legacy system so incredibly much, then it was implemented - and you only need 25 of the 50 legacy levels to use it. and now the cartel shop has taken over many of the legacy perks as well.

bioware is ruining their own designs with other designs.

Agreed. It was hyped, as were many things, apparently in a bait and switch of shallow VIP and other nonsense promises to boost initial game sales. BW/EA has a lot to do to breathe real life back into this game - hopefully the CC will give them the $$ to do that.

YA KNOW what would be funny and sad, this game folding in 2 years while SWG had a 7 year run. God, I hate SOE! I do not have as strong of emotions against BW because I stopped caring around the NGE. HA!

Agreed. It was hyped, as were many things, apparently in a bait and switch of shallow VIP and other nonsense promises to boost initial game sales. BW/EA has a lot to do to breathe real life back into this game - hopefully the CC will give them the $$ to do that.

YA KNOW what would be funny and sad, this game folding in 2 years while SWG had a 7 year run. God, I hate SOE! I do not have as strong of emotions against BW because I stopped caring around the NGE. HA!

That's the sad part, it's not exactly a secret what Smedley did with SWG. How someone can spend the bucket-load of money on an MMO these days and not learn from those lessons is beyond me.

Remains to be seen if Makeb will be the equivalent of NGE for SWTOR...