The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sorc Overload

OpeningToEndgame

Is bugged. Multiple times in the last few weeks I will use this ability and nothing happens. No graphic, no knockback...nothing. However, it puts it on the timer and I can't use it for 20 seconds. Any ideas?

Hidden nerf that the new patch brought in.

Since Marauder/Sentinel don't have a knock back the devs decided to break the Sorcerer's one.

Edited by Ramtar

Lol. This was happening weeks ago, but I am right there with your joke. :)

I still don't understand why Sentinel's get such a hard, long range knock back then are able to leap to you. There job is to keep you close. Sorcs should get the longer knock back since we're ranged.

Um I think your mistaking EDIT: LOL Sents for Guardians is what I meant

And btw are you sure you didn't happen to use overload on a Guardian with unremitting? It would render your knockback useless if you used it within 4 seconds after he leaped.

Edited by Wrthlessnoob

Is bugged. Multiple times in the last few weeks I will use this ability and nothing happens. No graphic, no knockback...nothing. However, it puts it on the timer and I can't use it for 20 seconds. Any ideas?

This just happened to me in the Coast. I waited on two to crest the hill at the east node and nothing happened. Not once, but twice while they were engaging us. The third time I hit it, it worked. I've noticed this happening a few times in each WZ. For a socerer, not being able to use Overload leads to a very quick and brutal death.

Um I think your mistaking Guardians for sorcs somehow...

And btw are you sure you didn't happen to use overload on a Guardian with unremitting? It would render your knockback useless if you used it within 4 seconds after he leaped.

Maybe it's a Sentinel. I get knocked back at least 20+ meters. The change to Sorcs knockback was too much. I can barely keep a melee off of me, yet I am slowed, rooted, cc'd constantly and beat to death. I time my stuns perfectly and nothing. I have full pvp gear.

I've only had one truely laggy game and it was today. I did however not notice any difference between the delay of overload and other abilties. That's not to say that others haven't experienced , which you obviously have or you wouldnt have posted here, but I havent atleast.

This is a bug and it's actually been in the game since launch. It is not just limited to overload but to abilities such as shroud, deflection, flashbang, etc.

Instead of worrying about money. Maybe one day they'll fix the little **** about this game that irritates loyal subscribers instead of releasing new content and lining their pockets.

• 1 year later...

Yep, and apparently expecting Overload to be good enough to actually be effective is a L2P issue because if the ability misses due to not firing until the global after it's supposed to, or doesn't fire at all but goes on CD anyway, or Bioware's hamsters are on strike to protest poor pay and working conditions today...well clearly I need to L2P.

Yes the other KBs can experience this too and send people flying in unanticipated directions, but overload is definitely the most affected as it's the one that is most susceptible to miss.