life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, it took people this long to realize that? There is a massive list of things BW assured us about pre-release that never made it into the game. People don't realize that BW lost literally millions on this game and the remaining budget is miniscule. The layoffs alone will limit the new content for this game--forever. They will continue to give us as little as possible while asking as much as possible from us.

But, I think there are multiple conversations going on in this thread. People like you are observing the bigger picture...and I completely agree with you on most points. Others are simply crying that they can't get their cosmetics and threatening to unsub if they don't get what they want.

Others still had whatever little faith that BW will do right thing for the game.

They slowly realize that it wont happen. Its kinda eye opener of "things to come" for many.

Edited by GrandMike

What did you do with all the free Cartel coins given to you at the start (provided you had subbed for a number of months prior)?

Bought a crapton of cartel packs on day one like every other rational gamer here.... what did you do save them like a strange little troll waiting for new shinys?

I think in game events celebrating real world holidays are fail in their very nature so I do not care about a single life day item but this is absolutely a scumbag move by these EA marketing tools and yesmen.

Really dissapointed with Bioware, i love the game and with it going free to play, i was extremely worried about it's future. I believe an actual event should of been created and the items sold for life day should of been obtainable for free. An event should be there to bring people into the game, to lure the back, not to pick the pockets of your loyal player base.

You have already made sure to make free to play people pay for every silly little thing in order to become subscribers (titles, hide head slot, ui bars, ability to wear artifact items, to name a couple). The items sold in the cartel shop should be there to compliment things in game, your already making sub money, the extra cash should be there to make sure the game remains healthy, not pick the players pockets before you scuttle the ship.

As for the items you chose, as others have stated they didn't feel very inkeeping with life day and the lore, a red santa like costume and already ugly speeder covered in christmas lights and then some confetti, it felt over priced, i really regret buying it, infact i'm ashamed i did.

I don't understand some of the posts here. It sounds like alot of people were expecting an event, but they already stated there would be no holiday events.

Correction - they stated real world holidays would never be implemented. In the same breath, Daniel Erickson stated that SW:TOR would have holidays specific to Star Wars, pointing out Life Day, specifically.

Instead, we have no event and disrespectful allusions to Christmas abound (tinsel, Christmas lights and snow have nothing to do with Life Day).

Edited by CelCawdro

Correction - they stated real world holidays would never be implemented. In the same breath, Daniel Erickson stated that SW:TOR would have holidays specific to Star Wars, pointing out Life Day, specifically.

Instead, we have no event and disrespectful allusions to Christmas abound (tinsel, Christmas lights and snow have nothing to do with Life Day).

Well then I think there's no need to worry, as Star Wars holidays are coming:) just don't have a date set. Glad that's cleared that up for everyone. As life day is celebrated on kashyykk every 4 years, maybe we have to wait until that planet is in game.

Well then I think there's no need to worry, as Star Wars holidays are coming:) just don't have a date set. Glad that's cleared that up for everyone. As life day is celebrated on kashyykk every 4 years, maybe we have to wait until that planet is in game.

As you can clearly see the event is in the game. On the shop. Which is what no one wanted. Another classic example of Bioware not listening to a thing we tell them and doing whatever they want then being shocked at the outrage and backlash.

Glad to see your rose-coloured glasses are in good condition. Mine were busted, recently. BioWare stated they were developing a Life Day event. What we got was Cartel Shop content, in lieu of that. Content is being developed for the Cartel Shop instead of the core game, rather than in addition to it. That's a problem.

Edited by CelCawdro

i can accept that we did not get an event this year, but a life day gift in mail form would have been sufficent. After all i got some fireworks for the new years already.

Not a big fan of everything being on the cartel market.

SWG did have the TCG game to get gear and items but not all new gear and items were from the TCG, holidays items of all things should be obtained by festive questing or at least gifted to the playerbase if they dont want to do an event, but paying for holiday items is a bit much frankly....of course, i bought some of that stuff so i guess they know what they are doing.

Edited by kirorx

Glad to see your rose-coloured glasses are in good condition. Mine were busted, recently. BioWare stated they were developing a Life Day event. What we got was Cartel Shop content, in lieu of that. Content is being developed for the Cartel Shop instead of the core game, rather than in addition to it. That's a problem.

Not really busted, more thrown out the window. Sadly I've already decided swtor is not the mmo I want ATM, and unsubbed. When they include some features that will entice me back, cool.

As for cartel market taking precedent over the core game, I'll judge that when we see what comes with the new story content. What I think will happen is every update will be a bit of game content, with some new CM stuff. Were they making a mistake putting life day stuff in there? Possibly, yeah

Not really busted, more thrown out the window. Sadly I've already decided swtor is not the mmo I want ATM, and unsubbed. When they include some features that will entice me back, cool.

As for cartel market taking precedent over the core game, I'll judge that when we see what comes with the new story content. What I think will happen is every update will be a bit of game content, with some new CM stuff. Were they making a mistake putting life day stuff in there? Possibly, yeah

You know the only story content coming is Makeb, which well be paying for thanks Hickman for keeping the "subs wont pay for content" promise we were fed, and its also the death of Class Stories right? All classes have finished their seperate stories and are now being rolled into one. So the ONLY thing BW did better than other MMO's theyve now scrapped. This is definitely a brilliant plan...

You know the only story content coming is Makeb, which well be paying for thanks Hickman for keeping the "subs wont pay for content" promise we were fed, and its also the death of Class Stories right? All classes have finished their seperate stories and are now being rolled into one. So the ONLY thing BW did better than other MMO's theyve now scrapped. This is definitely a brilliant plan...

Well I won't pay for makeb, so I guess I will be back when they give us full roaming space. I'd pay a bit for that.

Oh, come on! All those items are at GTN already. Grind dailies - you will get enough money to buy it from there without spending real money. Plus you will get useful commendations and will be playing in process. Not a special event, sure, but still in-game way.

Oh, come on! All those items are at GTN already. Grind dailies - you will get enough money to buy it from there without spending real money. Plus you will get useful commendations and will be playing in process. Not a special event, sure, but still in-game way.

Apparently you cannot comprehend the point. We shouldnt have to grind dailies, we shouldnt have to spend money. This **** should be IN the game. No new color crystals since april but 2 in the last month on the CM? Stop supporting the money grubbing or even worse turning a blind eye.

Well I won't pay for makeb, so I guess I will be back when they give us full roaming space. I'd pay a bit for that.

I too would pay for Space ala XvT. That would be amazing. But they arent smart enough to listen to fans as theyve shown they keep doing what they think we want instead of just listening to the fanbase and doing what we want.

Apparently you cannot comprehend the point. We shouldnt have to grind dailies, we shouldnt have to spend money. This **** should be IN the game. No new color crystals since april but 2 in the last month on the CM? Stop supporting the money grubbing or even worse turning a blind eye.

^^^^

This exactly, the point is these items shouldn't even be on the Cartel.. what mmo charges for holiday items. I remember another mmo that threw down a christmas tree and had gifts christmas day to open.. FREE content. Charging for holiday stuff is nothing short of lame and the possibility of paying for additional content in the future as a sub is very dishearting.