Cyrillic in the chat (Russian Topic)

Buks

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being scared of seeing foreign alphabet is really strange, it is form of xenophobia, i, being native to russian and therefore to cyrrilic, have no trouble seeing and using latin alphabet or any other for that matter.

The only reason not to add cyrillic support could be that swtor uses ANSII for its texts, but in that case the game has some really bad coding.

Tbh, I'm Finnish. And I speak English in party, guild and other chats, if I know even -one- person in that party is not Finnish. Hell, I even speak english when I know everyone is finnish and they don't know I am. I don't like to go around being nationalistic. It's bad for you.

Heh, same here, I don't want other Finns to know who I am. Besides, sometimes they think I don't understand a word and say stuff they otherwise wouldn't :p Same goes for Swedes as well.

Are you dumb? English is used as common language in all educated nations.

Err, it's not? Firstly, define "common language" and secondly, define "educated nation". Popular languages are more defined by politics and geography than by superiority of any language. Sure, English might be popular but I kind of wish there'd be more variation, one dominant language that _you_ know well seems to have produced ignorance.

Besides, it's no wonder some people prefer to use other language than English after players like you bash them repeatedly for their "poor" language skills.

Edited by Couac

Dear Russians!

Gather the Cyrillic rebels, take revenge on the western world and alphabet, who by chance are the main creators of the best mmos out there, and make your own supreme Russian mmo? 100% Cyrillic! Here are some ideas for "Russianish" mmos:

-Submarine commander supreme-

-Bear hunter-

-Cold war strikes back-

Let me in on the revenue when these games hit the top spots in global gaming! XD

Cool story bro! /facepalm

Vodka,balalayka,ushanka? No,never heard !?:eek:

Be strong,we see your pain! Take some *anesthetics a*nalpain pills*, mb they ll make your b*tthurt not so visual.Sorry, we cant share that tragedy with you.:rolleyes:

Russian family in western world imagination :

- Dear,i am home!

- Why are you so late?

- On my way home i ve met a bear with broken paw, and i had to treat him with Vodka!

- Oh, Darling! Ok, it s dinner time!!! Let s drink some Vodka!

- Mam, can i go and play with bears in the yard!

- Sure, but up to that you have to drink some Vodka. Don t forget, you have to finish your KGB report,and here is some money you have to buy some Vodka on your way home.

- Dear, it`s getting hot in here, plz switch off our nuclear reactor.

- Ok, but after i ll finish my Vodka.Till i ve done it play on balalayka plz.:)

Edited by SavasNorn

I'm totally for the Cyrillic in chats (as well as Greek, etc.). It's a XXI century, there simply must be a support of UNICODE in any decent application!

Yes, I understand that other languages in general chat are frustrating. That's why I also support a single server that is unofficially labeled as "server for Russian-speaking players". There are enough of Russian-speaking players to keep this server well populated!

That way all, who wants to speak Russian in general as well as in guild/private chats are happy to roll on this server and have a Russian population around. And those who don't understand the language are warned about it in advance, so they wouldn't roll on this server, and would roll instead on another one.

And it's not only about Russian, btw. Spanish people have chosen their unofficial server already (proof: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=25042 ). So I wouldn't want too play there, because I don't understand Spanish. So I would like to be warned about it in advance. Then everyone's happy: non-spanish people AND spanish people.

It's a win-win situation.

And to reiterate: UNICODE support is a must for AAA online game!

Edited by Delynx

Dear Russians!

Gather the Cyrillic rebels, take revenge on the western world and alphabet, who by chance are the main creators of the best mmos out there, and make your own supreme Russian mmo? 100% Cyrillic! Here are some ideas for "Russianish" mmos:

-Submarine commander supreme-

-Bear hunter-

-Cold war strikes back-

Let me in on the revenue when these games hit the top spots in global gaming! XD

Dear Non-Russians

Just see "World in Tanks" MMO 200.000 online in 1 server in 1 time...

Cool story bro! /facepalm

Vodka,balalayka,ushanka? No,never heard !?:eek:

Be strong,we see your pain! Take some *anesthetics a*nalpain pills*, mb they ll make your b*tthurt not so visual.Sorry, we cant share that tragedy with you.:rolleyes:

Russian family in western world imagination :

- Dear,i am home!

- Why are you so late?

- On my way home i ve met a bear with broken paw, and i had to treat him with Vodka!

- Oh, Darling! Ok, it s dinner time!!! Let s drink some Vodka!

- Mam, can i go and play with bears in the yard!

- Sure, but up to that you have to drink some Vodka. Don t forget, you have to finish your KGB report,and here is some money you have to buy some Vodka on your way home.

- Dear, it`s getting hot in here, plz switch off our nuclear reactor.

- Ok, but after i ll finish my Vodka.Till i ve done it play on balalayka plz.:)

Cmon... you had to see the irony in it! ^^

New mmo... Bearhunter...

this is awesome news

Every other game you have general chat poluted with russian language and they refuse to speak english.

The fact you cant even use your weird letters is a huge plus for me. wont have to see that **** ruining the chat every day like all other games.