Cyrillic in the chat (Russian Topic)

Buks

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

considering, spanish players dont get anything in spanish, nor italians, nor portugueis. i really don't see why they need to make an exception with russians.

just get over it , and try to learn some english, like the rest of us is doing.

Wow how many Russophobic brainwashed ppl

Never played a single game online where i actually met a "nice/good" russian. So for atleast my part and everyone i ever played with shares the same experience. Chuundar got mass migrated because russian guilds ended up there. Ended up having a meeting with all none russian guilds on the server and we all moved away.

considering, spanish players dont get anything in spanish, nor italians, nor portugueis. i really don't see why they need to make an exception with russians.

just get over it , and try to learn some english, like the rest of us is doing.

I like your point. Also to say that Spanish is sooo much more common in the world than Russian. So I was surprised it was not included in initial set of languages.

I am gonna say "no" to this one. And I'll do it gladly. Partially because I am from Poland.

But other thing is that in other games when I am unlucky enough to get grouped with a bunch of russians using Cirilica I obviously have no idea what's going on most of the time.

And then when I ask them for some english (politely) I get insulted.

So no. I couldn't care less if the game supported it.

there are no russian servers active.

He is not asking for Russian servers. He is asking for properly coded game that supports extended character sets. He is saying when they type Cyrillic characters in game they see unreadable garbage on the screen. He is not talking about Russian invasion of American/European servers. Also, the problem is bigger than just some Russian characters.

Why can't you be on an English speaking server and want to paste or type foreign characters for whatever reason? What if someone wants to chat only in private chat to someone, or in guild chat, or in party chat?

I am gonna say "no" to this one. And I'll do it gladly. Partially because I am from Poland.

But other thing is that in other games when I am unlucky enough to get grouped with a bunch of russians using Cirilica I obviously have no idea what's going on most of the time.

And then when I ask them for some english (politely) I get insulted.

So no. I couldn't care less if the game supported it.

It is not necessary to rake up all in one heap, young children everywhere suffice, both in Russia, and in Poland, Germany, States...

All of them like to offend people. But besides, it is not necessary all at once in it to accuse. Not all such asses

I'm just tired of listening people saying "russian players are mad, go drink vodka and play balalaika". Don't you think that we are living in 21st century and not in Soviet Russia? We just want to play this game and be able to speak to each other via private or guild chat. Do you know how it's hard to speak using translit? What's wrong with you all? Anyway, i guess you'll see square hieroglyphs instead of cyrillic letters, so what do you prefer?

He is not asking for Russian servers. He is asking for properly coded game that supports extended character sets. He is saying when they type Cyrillic characters in game they see unreadable garbage on the screen. He is not talking about Russian invasion of American/European servers. Also, the problem is bigger than just some Russian characters.

Why can't you be on an English speaking server and want to paste or type foreign characters for whatever reason? What if someone wants to chat only in private chat to someone, or in guild chat, or in party chat?

It would be fine with me if it's only allowed in private messages and maybe guild, but I certainly will say NO to it being allowed in trade chat, anyone who has played an MMO knows Russians ruin the chat.

Hell, WoW made Russian servers BECAUSE of all the Russians spamming trade/general chat and pissing everyone off

Edited by Regergek

It would be fine with me if it's only allowed in private messages and maybe guild, but I certainly will say NO to it being allowed in trade chat, anyone who has played an MMO knows Russians ruin the chat.

Hell, WoW made Russian servers BECAUSE of all the Russians spamming trade/general chat and pissing everyone off

It is not even matter of allowed or not. It is about in-game chat not being coded properly. It's like when you need a different version of Microsoft Word or Mozilla Firefox every time you come across a foreign website, just so that you can view those damn foreign characters that you can't understand anyways :)

Speaking of WoW, even in 2004 their game was properly coded and Russian characters could be typed in any of their localized clients, including American versions, even in beta. Note that you can type foreign characters in your browser without needing to download a localized version.

Edited by Vicarius

Well i guess if someone didn't like to type english symbols in SWTOR they can just do not play the game ))) Play russian WoW, make **** in chat and enjoy it! I don't want the same here, in SWTOR. I want to enjoy this game without any russian schoolboys type stupid things in SWTOR chat.

PEACE! ))))

Why the hell should we allow people to speak Russian in an English server?QQ about them not adding Russian servers, it's good that they dont add Cyrillic without Russian servers.

Question: Do people only speak Russian in Russia?

Answer: No.

Why the hell should we allow people to speak Russian in an English server?QQ about them not adding Russian servers, it's good that they dont add Cyrillic without Russian servers.

ok, afaik there are only german, french and english language support, so what should people from other counties do? praying bioware to add their native language support or start studying english?