this game has no future with hero engine

kijthae

Although i set everything to lowest and use a resolution which i used at 1996 ( 800X600 ) , If it works at 8 fps on a strong pc , nomore then 3 million ppl plays it even its totally free.This game has no future unless they remake it on a proper game engine.

Although i set everything to lowest and use a resolution which i used at 1996 ( 800X600 ) , If it works at 8 fps on a strong pc , nomore then 3 million ppl plays it even its totally free.This game has no future unless they remake it on a proper game engine.

MY guess is your computer doesnt have future. I mean sure the engine as problems, but lets not be caried away.

On low texture settings I can play the game on my i3 laptop with intel HD graphics. Admitedly I dont get a great experience but its more than 8fps. Playable to PVE in most areas. There are performance issues with some systems and some areas, I found that the game became unplayable on the laptop shortly after launch but since 1.5 has been better.

On every half decent spec pc I've tried this game now runs ok.

and by half decent I'm taking about anything with a Pentium D or later CPU and Geforce 7800 or better.

Edited by Eaglec

So, what exactly is "a strong PC"

Drivers should ofc be up to date. I asume you got that covered.

Ram. 4g is min imo for swtor, but for a strong pc i´d say 6g+

dual gfx works like.... well.. it doesn´t. Not in swtor. So if your strong PC have dual gfx you need to remove one of them. I´m not sure if you can do that virtually or if you have to actually remove one.

If you got this covered, you should easily be over 8fps. It´s not exactly easy to tell what´s wrong with your setup when you dont give any specs.

i play on 12 months old computer since game launch... eyefinity system = 6048 x 1092 resolution , on highest details have 25 -30 fps in WZs, but prefer medium settings with 40-50 fps... game enginis nice, just bought normal comp, ppl think they can play games on notebooks, thats not possible ...

Of course, if there is a problem on your end, but others are not experiencing it, it must be the game thats faulty right? it couldnt possibly be his "strong" computer (that is completely without specs it seems)

It runs on dreams and laughter of the innocent

What kills FPS in SWTOR is the over-done particle effects etc (especially on AOEs). You will notice that FPS drops massively in an Ops where everyone is AOEing, because all the effects pretty much cover everything on the screen :/

But apart from that I get up to 110fps on the fleet with everything on high (including anti-aliasing) on a below top spec system. If you are getting 8fps there is something wrong with your PC. Either bad drivers, or there is a component causing a huge bottleneck (e.g. you can't just whack a new gfx in with an old cpu and expect big results)

Edited by NasherUK