Romance Allowed for the jedi classes?

RevanKnight

I'll get to the main thrust of your point in a second, but first I'd like to point out that I just suggested that I thought the Council was right when they wrote the Code. And I think this because I cannot call to mind a single Jedi that followed the Code and fell. Are there some who violated its tenets and did not fall? Sure. But every last one that fell broke it in some way. To me, that's an important data point.

As to your argument that the Council's judgement can be clouded where the Force is ever clear, I couldn't agree more. Where I take issue is your assertion that the Council determines what makes an action light or dark. They aren't making that decision. They're not out there with you, looking over your shoulder, adding and taking away points as you make your choices...

But the Force is.

Therefore, I'm left with no choice to assume that bedding that Twi'lek earned you DS points not because the Council thought it wrong, but because it ran counter to the will of the Force.

Actually, it's not either one, it's the game developers that are adding the light/dark points as a measure of how good/evil you are. Those that are arguing against exclusively darkside romances are trying to point out that the Game Developers are making the error in awarding light/dark points when it should not inherently be that way.

And yes, the Council does "determine" whether or not you are acting dark or light sided. Plus, sometimes, if you listen to some of their responses, you'll hear a lot of pride and arrogance in their insistence that you follow the Council's choices.

Whether or not they are right does not mean that they're "light side" is not flirting dangerously with the dark-side in how the make/enforce the rules.

Basically some romances should be dark-side, but others should not.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any emotional responce should push you slightly towards the dark side really...force sensitve are spineless people who go nuts if they get just a hint of a powerfull emotion.

Love and romance isnt dark side imo...jedi's endulging in it..oh yea...that will send them to the dark side eventually..one way or another..atleast thats my understanding of this issue.

Do what is right (IE let the Force guide you) regardless of the consequences.

To me, the force doesn't guide toward the light. The force uses the path of least resistance in the personality of the force user. If that leads to light, good for them. It often leads to the dark side.

Emotions are a slippery slope for Jedi. I don't think there are any Jedi that are perfectly light side because they have to constantly think about their actions and whether emotions are affecting their decisions.

Then again, I see Jedi as being hypocrites. Why do they battle so often if they seek peace?

If I were to play a Jedi though, I would try to follow the code. My character would probably make some dark side choices though because they thought they were doing good things at the time. Do the ends justify the means? The Jedi code says no. It appears you say it does.

Welcome to the Sith.

Since we are playing a game based in the EU, the. It's fair to bring up other EU examples...

Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade... (both Jedi)

Leia Skywalker and Han Solo... (Leia force-sensitive)

Revan and Bastila Shan...

Of course you also have disasters in the movies like Anakin Skywalker and Padme...

What I'd prefer to see is the dark side choices leading to a more reckless or "passionate" relationship. Whereas the romance choices that offer not light or dark side points would be ones that excercises self control and care rather than a passionate lust...

I personally don't really mess with the flirt options, since I'm playing a Jedi that I want to be closer to the Code, but this is something I noticed and had thought about.

So here's a bit of DS/LS point silliness.

This took place on my Sith Inquisitor.

On Balmorra I had the option of pursuing a little romance with the Sith Lord governor, which resulted in no dark side points.

Then on Nar Shaddaa, I meet this woman named Rylee Dray who's helping me form a cult. Once again, the whole flirt/romance option pops up, however this time when I choose it I get 150 dark side points. What exactly was so dark about it, I don't know, but it sure threw me for a loop.

So yeah, if you want to keep your light side points, be sure to date a Sith Lord.