Death Battle 2: Plo Koon vs Darth Sion

Darkondo

No, I don't think Plo Koon knows Sever Force. But he does know very rare Force techniques from his time with the Baran Do Sages. He is also capable of manipulating the environment, as well as using Force Lightning.

As for breaking Sion's will. This is actually pretty easy. Sion will go on about how his hate makes him strong and how he can't die. Then Plo Koon constantly pounds him into the ground. This, in combination with Plo Koon's wisdom, will allow Plo Koon to show Sion that hate and anger do not always win. But Sion will not listen and continue to fight... and continue to lose. During these bouts, Plo Koon continues to erode his will. Eventually realizing that he has been living in a lie. Knowing this, Sion gives up his hatred.

Okay so the question is this: can Sion's mental endurance outlast Plo's physical? We know that Jedi/Sith do grow tired of constant fighting (their command of the force starts to weaken).

But you made a good point. This fight really is a toss-up. I just don't think Plo is THAT much better then Sion. I don't think Sion is gonna get "pounded" again and again (granted he'll be beaten repetatively). I love Plo, but I feel he'll grow tired before he can destroy Sion's will.

Okay so the question is this: can Sion's mental endurance outlast Plo's physical? We know that Jedi/Sith do grow tired of constant fighting (their command of the force starts to weaken).

But you made a good point. This fight really is a toss-up. I just don't think Plo is THAT much better then Sion. I don't think Sion is gonna get "pounded" again and again (granted he'll be beaten repetatively). I love Plo, but I feel he'll grow tired before he can destroy Sion's will.

You think so? Just being defeated multiple times will do that. Sure Sion can outlast Plo Koon, but by the time that happens, Plo Koon will have rattled Sion's cage more than enough to destroy Sion's will.

Plo Koon isn't some brute. Just because he uses Form V doesn't mean he isn't smart. Sion's lack of any real technique will be his downfall. Plo Koon is better than Sion. Better dueling skills. Better command of the Force. Just better.

First time Sion comes back, Plo Koon will note it. Of course, Sion will go on about how the Dark Side and his hate will allow him to keep coming back. So Plo Koon will just keep beating him. Multiple defeats will severely damage Sion's morale. Then Plo Koon can use his victories to show Sion that hate and anger do not grant him power. That's how he's going to win.

Not only that, but I'm sure Plo Koon will decapitate Sion after two or three bouts.

?? I disagree....

Sion's only real advantage is the ability to come back from the dead. First time he does it, Plo Koon will take note of it. That will make Sion nothing more than a skilled Sith Lord.

Plo Koon has far more at his disposal. Environmental manipulation. Force Lightning. Baran Do techniques. Mastery of the fifth form of Lightsaber combat. Considerably powerful in the Force. He has far more tools at his disposal than Sion does. Sion is a hate machine. He may be able to outlast Plo Koon, but Plo Koon will outsmart him.

What if Plo stabbed his head, followed by cutting through it? Could he annihilate Sion's brain and kill him?

I've actually been thinking about Plo Koon decapitating him. I think it would work, but maybe Sion would still be able to come back. I doubt he will be able to screw his head back on, though. :p So he would probably be about as deadly as The Black Knight from Monty Python. :D

Edited by Aurbere

i've actually been thinking about plo koon decapitating him. I think it would work, but maybe sion would still be able to come back. I doubt he will be able to screw his head back on, though. :p so he would probably be about as deadly as the black knight from monty python. :D

it's just a flesh wound!!!!

Edited by MasterMe

Just because he killed Jedi, doesn't make him invincible. As for Lonna Vash, IMO that Council was weak, and no I'm not using the argument that the prequel Jedi are stronger than Old Republic Jedi. But the Council at that time seemed general push overs, while the Council during the Clone Wars were evidentally powerful. Neither can we forget the Korriban is a place of dark side power, and Zash would have been a significant advantage because of this. Not only would the dark side make Sion invincible, but it would cloud her own power. And lets agree on this Plo Koon > Lonna Vash, Plo Koon beats all the Jedi Sion has killed (none of any note) and therefore we cannot use this as an argument.

Someone said this already, but he's pretty damn close to invincible unless you can erode his will, and there are specific reasons why the Exile managed to do this (i.e. Sion's feelings about her and the fact that Traya was only using him). In any case, I never suggested he was unbeatable, but trying to downplay the fact that he was partially responsible for the First Jedi Purge is pretty stupid. It means about as much as saying "Just because Darth Sidious killed Jedi, doesn't make him invincible." It's meaningless. As for the Council, they weren't pushovers. This is the High Council on Coruscant we're talking about.

You have no evidence that Plo Koon is stronger than Lonna Vash, but even if that's the case, Sion killed many Jedi, and many who had lived through the 'Jedi Civil War'. It's very likely that at least some of them were stronger than Plo Koon, just as when Vader marched on the Jedi Temple he no doubt killed Jedi who were equal in power to, or stronger than, Plo Koon. Not to mention that Sion survived the civil war amongst the Sith on Korriban after "Revan's empire" (well, Malak's) fell.

Your point being...?

Obvious. Try reading it in context, buddy. Plo Koon is strong, but he is outclassed by a Dark Lord of the Sith from the time of the First Jedi Purge. Yoda could have survived, and so could Mace Windu, but not Plo Koon.

You have no evidence that Plo Koon is stronger than Lonna Vash, but even if that's the case, Sion killed many Jedi, and many who had lived through the 'Jedi Civil War'. It's very likely that at least some of them were stronger than Plo Koon, just as when Vader marched on the Jedi Temple he no doubt killed Jedi who were equal in power to, or stronger than, Plo Koon. Not to mention that Sion survived the civil war amongst the Sith on Korriban after "Revan's empire" (well, Malak's) fell.

Obvious. Try reading it in context, buddy. Plo Koon is strong, but he is outclassed by a Dark Lord of the Sith from the time of the First Jedi Purge. Yoda could have survived, and so could Mace Windu, but not Plo Koon.

Such hostility...

There is plenty of evidence to point to Plo Koon being far superior to Vash and Sion. Why don't you visit my Plo Koon thread or check out his wookiee page. You act like Plo Koon is some chump. Obviously you think this because of the way he was killed. See my Order 66 thread for that.

Plo Koon is miles ahead of Sion and Vash. He was a master of Djem So. He could use Force Lightning, environment manipulation, and several Baran Do techniques. He was so skilled with Form V that he defeated Asajj Ventress easily, while suffering from a broken left arm. He beat Ventress easily, a Dark Jedi who has beaten several Jedi Masters.

Plo Koon was one of the most powerful Jedi of his Order, and one of its most skilled duelists. You talk as if Plo Koon is just some random Jedi Master of unremarkable skill. I just proved that one wrong.

And that's the bottom line. Because The Great One said so! (Sorry. Just watched some of The Rock on Youtube. I had to say it :p)

Such hostility...

There is plenty of evidence to point to Plo Koon being far superior to Vash and Sion. Why don't you visit my Plo Koon thread or check out his wookiee page. You act like Plo Koon is some chump. Obviously you think this because of the way he was killed. See my Order 66 thread for that.

Plo Koon is miles ahead of Sion and Vash. He was a master of Djem So. He could use Force Lightning, environment manipulation, and several Baran Do techniques. He was so skilled with Form V that he defeated Asajj Ventress easily, while suffering from a broken left arm. He beat Ventress easily, a Dark Jedi who has beaten several Jedi Masters.

Plo Koon was one of the most powerful Jedi of his Order, and one of its most skilled duelists. You talk as if Plo Koon is just some random Jedi Master of unremarkable skill. I just proved that one wrong.

And that's the bottom line. Because The Great One said so! (Sorry. Just watched some of The Rock on Youtube. I had to say it :p)

Yup Yup! Plo Koon is far from some random Jedi. Anyone who disagrees is... ill-informed.

HOWEVER: I don't think he's "miles ahead" of Sion and Vash. Those two shouldn't be underrated either.

Yup Yup! Plo Koon is far from some random Jedi. Anyone who disagrees is... ill-informed.

HOWEVER: I don't think he's "miles ahead" of Sion and Vash. Those two shouldn't be underrated either.

I guess miles ahead was strong, but Plo Koon is superior to them. I seriously wish people would do some more research on him. Or at least check out my thread.

Such hostility...

Sorry, just reflecting back the hostility I'm getting (not from you, necessarily). Also because people criticize without reading first.

You talk as if Sion is just some chump. Koon may be miles ahead of Vash, but not Sion, for reasons I've already stated, but you didn't answer.

It's not just because of how Plo Koon was killed. I gave my reasons, which you didn't answer. Still, that raises another point. Plo Koon was killed in Vader's purge. Clearly, he would also have been killed in the First Jedi Purge.

Unless you're suggesting Plo Koon is stronger than Yoda or Mace Windu, you didn't address my point at all, because relative to those two, and to a Sith who is partially responsible for the First Jedi Purge, yes, Plo Koon is not nearly as strong. He's like Luminara Unduli. Not weak, but still small-time compared to the juggernaut characters like Yoda or Sidious, or the Exile, or Sion.

I'm not denying Plo Koon's strengths. It's you (no offense, just saying) who doesn't seem to understand the significance of Sion being a Dark Lord of the Sith during the First Jedi Purge, let alone a nearly invincible one.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

Sorry, just reflecting back the hostility I'm getting (not from you, necessarily). Also because people criticize without reading first.

You talk as if Sion is just some chump. Koon may be miles ahead of Vash, but not Sion, for reasons I've already stated, but you didn't answer.

It's not just because of how Plo Koon was killed. I gave my reasons, which you didn't answer. Still, that raises another point. Plo Koon was killed in Vader's purge. Clearly, he would also have been killed in the First Jedi Purge.

Unless you're suggesting Plo Koon is stronger than Yoda or Mace Windu, you didn't address my point at all, because relative to those two, and to a Sith who is partially responsible for the First Jedi Purge, yes, Plo Koon is not nearly as strong. He's like Luminara Unduli. Not weak, but still small-time compared to the juggernaut characters like Yoda or Sidious, or the Exile, or Sion.

I'm not denying Plo Koon's strengths. It's you (no offense, just saying) who doesn't seem to understand the significance of Sion being a Dark Lord of the Sith during the First Jedi Purge, let alone a nearly invincible one.

I never suggested that Plo Koon was stronger than Mace Windu or Yoda. He's right there, though. He's in the top five of his Order. He is among the best of the Jedi. And Luminara Unduli is not weak or small time.

You are comparing Sion to Darth Vader. Vader is immensely superior to Sion. Vader is better than Plo Koon (though I would question how much better on that), Vader is better than Sion. Plo Koon would not fall to Sion in the First Jedi purge. If anything, he would fall to Nihilus. Understandable as Nihilus is a black hole.

And Plo Koon was not killed in Vader's Purge. He was killed in Order 66. Plo Koon would have been Vader's greatest threat (aside from Obi-Wan) had he survived Order 66. You are seriously underestimating Plo Koon. I advise you to do some research on him. Visit my Plo Koon thread or wookieepedia. Your greatest mistake is underestimating Plo Koon. Darth Maul considered him one of the greatest swordsmen of their time.

Plo Koon , the great Jedi who died to none force using troopers ?

Sion would keep coming to at him and eventually Plo Koon would meet his end !

Lets face is Plo Koon makes frogs look sexy , noway Sion is going to fall in love with that .

("Which if I remember is why he dropped his guard to Meetra and eventually allowed himself to die")

Sion killed many skilled Jedi , maybe not as skilled as Plo Koon but more skilled than Troopers .

Sion was cut, sliced , blown up , set on fire , shot , and everything you can mention . His body just keeps pulling itself back together and eventually he has his way . Meetra was the only one who could have stopped him and that is that.

We also have to remember KotoR II Sithlords are extreme . Plo Koon would not know how to handle Sion being he has likely never had to deal with a Sithlord of his level .

Sometimes you do not need skill or power , sometimes you just need to keep coming till the person you are coming at cannot defend himself/herself no more.

Sithlords don't do timeouts or breaks for you to cetch your breath , Sion capitalized on that .

If we are in a sword fight

You are immortal

You cannot be worn down

You are below my skills and power

But

I am mortal

I can be worn down

But I am more skilled and powerful

If I cannot kill you , eventually I am not going to be able to fight for days on in . My eventual tireness will be my end , just like Plo Koon.

This fight is not about skill or power , its about outliving . Clearly a skill only one of them knows .

Lets not forget the mental attacks that Sion does passively by him surviving every blow that is landed on him as he just keeps getting up and coming at his prey . Not to mention he looks like a Zombie .............. Plo Koon will eventually be at the worse end of this fight and he will undoubtably lose .

Edited by mefit

Someone said this already, but he's pretty damn close to invincible unless you can erode his will, and there are specific reasons why the Exile managed to do this (i.e. Sion's feelings about her and the fact that Traya was only using him). In any case, I never suggested he was unbeatable, but trying to downplay the fact that he was partially responsible for the First Jedi Purge is pretty stupid. It means about as much as saying "Just because Darth Sidious killed Jedi, doesn't make him invincible." It's meaningless. As for the Council, they weren't pushovers. This is the High Council on Coruscant we're talking about.

Remember, Plo was in the high council to. A council that included powerful members such as Windu and Yoda - which implies it was a golden age for the Jedi. So Plo beats Vash

Darth Maul considered him one of the greatest swordsmen of their time.

I'm sorry but after watching the last clone wars episode where he got beat by mere pirates (lost his leg) Maul isnt exactly the greatest judge of power out there haha (his overconfidence vs Obi-wan was his downfall on Naboo)

Plo Koon , the great Jedi who died to none force using troopers ?

Sion would keep coming to at him and eventually Plo Koon would meet his end !

Lets face is Plo Koon makes frogs look sexy , noway Sion is going to fall in love with that .

("Which if I remember is why he dropped his guard to Meetra and eventually allowed himself to die")

Sion killed many skilled Jedi , maybe not as skilled as Plo Koon but more skilled than Troopers .

Sion was cut, sliced , blown up , set on fire , shot , and everything you can mention . His body just keeps pulling itself back together and eventually he has his way . Meetra was the only one who could have stopped him and that is that.

We also have to remember KotoR II Sithlords are extreme . Plo Koon would not know how to handle Sion being he has likely never had to deal with a Sithlord of his level .

Sometimes you do not need skill or power , sometimes you just need to keep coming till the person you are coming at cannot defend himself/herself no more.

Sithlords don't do timeouts or breaks for you to cetch your breath , Sion capitalized on that .

If we are in a sword fight

You are immortal

You cannot be worn down

You are below my skills and power

But

I am mortal

I can be worn down

But I am more skilled and powerful

If I cannot kill you , eventually I am not going to be able to fight for days on in . My eventual tireness will be my end , just like Plo Koon.

This fight is not about skill or power , its about outliving . Clearly a skill only one of them knows .

Lets not forget the mental attacks that Sion does passively by him surviving every blow that is landed on him as he just keeps getting up and coming at his prey . Not to mention he looks like a Zombie .............. Plo Koon will eventually be at the worse end of this fight and he will undoubtably lose .

Please visit my Order 66 thread. All of you saying that Plo Koon isn't great because he got killed by Clone Troopers. Please. You (not you specifically) obviously don't understand what actually happened with Order 66.

You all act as if Plo Koon is just going to stand there like an imbecile and keep fighting Sion as he gets up again and again. He's not stupid. First time Sion gets up, Plo Koon is going to note his possible immortality. Then Sion is going to go on about how his hate makes him immortal and all that jazz. Each time Plo Koon defeats Sion, Sion's will deteriorates. Each defeat from a Jedi will make him angrier and angrier. This will make him stronger, but each time he loses, Plo Koon gains a significant mental advantage. He will then employ Dun Moch against Sion. Who will eventually lose? For many of you the answer is Plo Koon. But you fail to take Plo Koon's wisdom into account. There's a reason Plo Koon was practically begged by the Jedi Council to join them. There's a reason Plo Koon held a permanent seat on the Council of Reconciliation.

Remember, Plo was in the high council to. A council that included powerful members such as Windu and Yoda - which implies it was a golden age for the Jedi. So Plo beats Vash

But that's not enough... /sarcasm

Plo Koon was begged by the Jedi Council to join their ranks. It was only after his master died that he took his permanent seat on the Jedi Council. He was undoubtedly ranked in the top 5 Jedi Masters on the Jedi Council. I rank them like so:

1. Yoda

2. Mace Windu

3. Obi-Wan

4. Plo Koon/Anakin Skywalker (depending if we take Anakin's appointment in ROTS into account.)

5. Plo Koon/Ki-Adi Mundi (same as number 4)

Plo Koon is a titan of his Order. Those who don't realize this are ill informed.

I'm sorry but after watching the last clone wars episode where he got beat by mere pirates (lost his leg) Maul isnt exactly the greatest judge of power out there haha (his overconfidence vs Obi-wan was his downfall on Naboo)

True. Just something I wanted to note as Maul was a skilled duelist in his own right.

True. Just something I wanted to note as Maul was a skilled duelist in his own right.

Fair Enough - he was shot in the leg while escaping (These chicken type legs are not his natural type of limb - it looks as if later on in the series his legs get replaced with more Humanoid looking ones - I am sure he will be more effective with these)

Also - I agree when it comes to fighting Maul is actually a VERY good judge - he is technically one of the best trained fighters (even to a degree above masters like Qui Gon who were said to be able to fight Mace Windu to a standstill).

If you read about Maul he was always training and looking to refine his techniques and his execution was of near perfection - (Sidious rated Maul highly ability wise - but always said that Maul's greatest weakness was Hubris - which in the end proved to be true)

Maul placed more importance on technical ability above all other aspects when it came to fighting - so If he says that Plo Koon was one of the best (and he would be looking as this totally cold and unbiasedly) then it is extremely likely to be the case that Plo Koon is one of the best....

However, having said that - it is hard to say whether he would beat Sion.

While I believe Plo Koon to be significantly more skilled than Sion......

The problem with Sion and Nihilus is that they had Very Specific Powers and it seems like the Exile was a very specific and circumstantial counter to them both. The problem with them - is that if you cannot overcome these specific abilities, then they WILL beat you.....

Because the Exile beat them under very Specific Circumstances - it is hard to say if anything else would actually work on them, because we haven't actually seen anything else that did work against them.....but that does not necessarily mean that something else couldn't.....but again - that could actually be the case - Either way it will still be speculation/opinion...

For Instance, from What I have read - Plo Koon's Emerald Judgment (lighting) affected the victim differently to Sith Force Lightning. While Sith Force Lightning is Damaging and Life-draining, Emerald Judgement is said to be Exhausting and Pacifying.....Could this effect interfere with Sion's (somewhat psychologically based) regenerative abilities? who can say - it wasn't an ability that existed in Sion's time.....it may be able to - then again it might not....

This is the reason why I find it so hard to judge any vs Threads involving Sion and Nihilus - We just don't know with any certainty (apart form the Exile) if anything else would be able counter their abilities......

Edited by fellblade