Class stories only

Almar-

Hello there! I would like to play through every class story available in this game but the thought of having to do all the side missions eight times are very offputting to me. Is it viable to PvP through the levels while doing the class story missions? How much longer do you think this would take vs doing planet side missions? Are there any other options in which way you would be able to do class story missions without having to grind through the same side missions eight times?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Hello there! I would like to play through every class story available in this game but the thought of having to do all the side missions eight times are very offputting to me. Is it viable to PvP through the levels while doing the class story missions? How much longer do you think this would take vs doing planet side missions? Are there any other options in which way you would be able to do class story missions without having to grind through the same side missions eight times?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Works quite well till about tatooine, then after that it slows down alot. That being said you do miss out on alot of thigns by not doing missions dirtside and things migth get a tight financially if your not funded by a higher lvl toon.

How dissapointing, I suppose it is difficult to avoid then. I take it you know very well by experience, I'm thinking of your forum tag, you almost got all classes to 50? Oh and by the way, thanks a lot for your response!

Its entirely possible to not do any side quests and level up perfectly fine... You need to log out in a rest area EVERY time you log off to gain double XP (unless you are f2p, then you dont get that) and you can also buy class mission xp boosts on the GTN for cheap that give you a few hours of boosted XP. The class missions by design are set up to level you to where you need to be for each planet, the side missions will net you some more xp, but actually in most cases will end up making you OVERleveled. You actually gain more XP by being a couple levels below the enemies you are fighting... however you need to keep you AND your companion geared to be efficient in doing so.

How dissapointing, I suppose it is difficult to avoid then. I take it you know very well by experience, I'm thinking of your forum tag, you almost got all classes to 50? Oh and by the way, thanks a lot for your response!

You can slightly help yourself with exp consumables and legacy xp boosts. :/ Shame the consumables don't stack!

I think its now possible , especially if you are a subscriber.

If you email your new toon a chunk of credits at the start, buy them all the xp add ons from the legacy panel, and use your free cartel coind to buy major xp boosts once you get to tatooine or thereabouts, I'd think its manageable.

I have just gone from level 45 to 50 on a toon by using the major xp boosts, I didnt really know what to buy from the cartel market so got a few of them to see what effect they had.

I hit Voss at 45, I did all missions on Voss , the bonus missions, and the bonus hoth missions and hit 50 before I set foot on Correlia.

Thats the five biggest levels in a series of missions designed to add 2, possibly 3 levels at most.

So I would say the legacy and cartel xp boosts, plus PvP, and you could level up .

Edited by Voblat

So you want to skip at least 1/4 of story in a game that is all about story :confused: Ok, sure...

I'm all about story, but man the sidequests are pretty bare bones. I mean most of them are either fetching something for a random dude or killing more things. I honestly can't even remember any of the side quests.

I am the same, I do not want to do side missions, just experience the story.

I am currently using rested xp and minor experience boosts to level my BH, doing just class and planet storylines. Its working out pretty good as the minor boosts increase all xp gain by 25%, isn't situational like the rest of the boosts. Currently on Alderran.

If I'm below level for the next planet, I pvp using the warzone xp boosts until that lvl and start again.

I have been able to rather easily keep my alt's on each side leveled without repeating any content thus far. My main Empire and Republic toons did all the planetary content as they leveled, but my second through each story have thus far avoided them.

For experience, I have been doing it with a combination of rested XP, flashpoints, space missions and PvP. Usually I will complete a planet a bit under-leveled, then I will do the daily flashpoints and PvP missions with the occasional space mission run thrown in to gain a level or two before continuing to the next planet.

I do, on occasion, also jump in and do some planetary heroics here and there, or if there's a particular side quest I enjoyed the first time, but otherwise I generally skip them.

For equipment I have my mains crafting and selling on the GTN to fully fund equipment for my alts as they level. Once you have a full orange set and a Cybertech, you pretty much don't need to worry about missing rewards.

So you want to skip at least 1/4 of story in a game that is all about story :confused: Ok, sure...

When you've seen them once, they do get boring.

Plus as someone mentioned, the generic missions are really boring in comparison to class stories.

I still say that they executed it wrongly. More resources should have been spent on class stories and companions stories, and less on generic missions. All those generic missions only deserve 2 cut scenes.

Edited by ConradLionhart

Not at all, I just don't want to replay it eight times, that is all. I really enjoy the stuff the first few times, but I am guessing that after 4-5 times you can almost sing-along with the voice actor! :D

You can easily live with skipping all side missions if you do a couple of things.

1: buy the maximum legacy upgrade for bonus XP for class missions (275k creds, +30% xp)

2: do the same for epxloration (a little less, still +30% xp)

3: do the same for PvP warzones (no idea of the cost since i dont PvP, gives +30% xp)

4: throw in some space missions XP bonus as well if you need to round out the xp a bit more.

This will of course cost you a ton of money if youre gonna do it for 6 characters in total (i assume you WILL do the planet and side missions with 1 toon from each side since they are quite good the first time you do them) but if you farm dailies for a day or two per toon it will work just fine.

When you've seen them once, they do get boring.

Plus as someone mentioned, the generic missions are really boring in comparison to class stories.

I still say that they executed it wrongly. More resources should have been spent on class stories and companions stories, and less on generic missions. All those generic missions only deserve 2 cut scenes.

i agree with you. i would rather do all of my companion missions and class quest mission and then lvl with that and do some PvP and flashpoints. i mean on 1 planet you get 3 quest each companions that you have and it is about history with old enemy's, friends and battles that they have to face. sounds alot better then the boring side quest. maybe the bonus quest can stay but the rest can die.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to do this right now and it's not working.

I bought the first 4 xp legacy character unlocks for class missions and exploration (I'm legacy level 8)

A bunch of Major Experience Boost consumables which increase all xp by 25%. So that is always on.

I've overgeared myself very well with full orange gear and mods to replace every 4 levels.

The problem is that I'm level 12, monsters are level 16, and I miss 95% of my attacks. I thought it was lag at first, but I'm getting the 'miss' combat text every single swing. Anything I'm allowed to hit (level 15 or below) I absolutely wreck. I hate this artificial restraint.

And to the people who say 'why would you skip all the story', I love the story, unfortunately I can't read 10 different books all at the same time.