Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Final Offer "Casuals" no X-Server Que Needed. Worth a look BW

Pvtcarnage

This is the only solution I can come up with that could be added to game with the least amount of effort (That mean's $ BW)

First of all it will require a additional Que (Hear me out, have been against it)

This new Que will be for solo que only, BUT should make a lot less comms and Valor maybe 15%-25% of normal.

That's it.

OR with a little work.

Have a solo only Que that gives a new type of comm that's good for cosmetic gear, pets, mounts, titles and/or be able to trade up to regular comms at a penalty.

This will not help servers with balance issues which I think happens to be a big part of the problem for some, so every game type should be able to have a same faction vs faction mode too.

Only offer this out because BW has been way too quite about X-Server Ques..........Hint Hint BW :rak_02:

EDIT:

Ultimate option without X-Server Que.

Do one of the above but make New maps(Or Not) and have them be Deathmatch only....

This would be great for those that don't want rambo's in their Objective games.

Edited by Pvtcarnage

I am all for Split queues but this is not the way to do it. The purpose of a split queue system is to give Premades a place for competition and Pugs(and or casuals) a place to queue freely without suffering through mismatched Warzones where they don't belong. This accomplishes neither but still splits the population, risking longer queue times. We need, Cross Realm Function, Adequate matchmaking and a Split queue system, we as a community need to rally and demand all three and not settle for less.

I am all for Split queues but this is not the way to do it. The purpose of a split queue system is to give Premades a place for competition and Pugs(and or casuals) a place to queue freely without suffering through mismatched Warzones where they don't belong. This accomplishes neither but still splits the population, risking longer queue times. We need, Cross Realm Function, Adequate matchmaking and a Split queue system, we as a community need to rally and demand all three and not settle for less.

What you don't seem to get is that you can have casual premades, premade does not = hardcore automatically

this would absolutely result in "casuals" whining that the "hardcore" crowd is able to grind gear at a faster rate, blahblahblah whine whine whine.

oh, and btw, *I* am a casual player. i can play 1-2 hours a night a couple days a week. however, i enjoy a tough competition, and really despise fighting with and against random pugs.

so before you go lumping all casuals into one group, remember that some of us actually take of advantage of the "massively multiplayer" part of the MMO

this would absolutely result in "casuals" whining that the "hardcore" crowd is able to grind gear at a faster rate, blahblahblah whine whine whine.

oh, and btw, *I* am a casual player. i can play 1-2 hours a night a couple days a week. however, i enjoy a tough competition, and really despise fighting with and against random pugs.

so before you go lumping all casuals into one group, remember that some of us actually take of advantage of the "massively multiplayer" part of the MMO

yea if the solo want solos's then they make less for the least amount of effort.

And were did I say I speak for you and were did I say I don't or do like fighting pugs? Need some trolling lessons?

Or just X-server and force premades to face premades. Thats anyone with a group of 4 people will be classed as a premade.

Implement X-server friend lists you feel like playing with so you can form a premade over servers and thats it.

Solo playing shouldn't be penelized because you want to find and smash them or punish them because they are alone. If thats you type of competitive gameplay then watch the numbers of PvP drop further.

As for premades being stuck in queues for hours you will have to break up into smaller groups or solo it. The matchmaking system would be able to see and split you into groups to prevent any exploits. Which isn't hard with group history, matching guild names and friends along with the tells you give them.

This new Que will be for solo que only, BUT should make a lot less comms and Valor maybe 15%-25% of normal.

What makes you so special that you think solo players should get fewer comms than you just because you group with some random people on voice chat? Have you ever thought to invite some of those solo players into a group, give them your voice comm info and team up? I personally think premades should be the ones getting fewer comms simply because they don't have to work as hard for a win

Edited by Mazikeen

Not gonna happen.

If it does it would be revolutionary. How many videos have you watched where the premade smashing the PuGs said its a fair fight?

Hell I wouldn't mind facing a premade if it meant getting heavy compensation for sticking around an obviously unfair match of being smashed.

But if your dead set on your ideals then watch you queue times reach to hours.

What makes you so special that you think solo players should get fewer comms than you just because you group with some random people on voice chat? Have you ever thought to invite some of those solo players into a group, give them your voice comm info and team up? I personally think premades should be the ones getting fewer comms simply because they don't have to work as hard for a win

Its truely momentous and fun when a PuG team work together to smash the other PuG team. But when its just a bunch of overgeared players in premade it turns your game time into **** time as you barely get any comms and watch as they just tear the crap out of you while watching them use emotes to maliciously taunt and ridicule you.

Face that same team twice in a row and you just log out and pray they won't be online in the next hour and half.

Splitting the queues will only result in one thing: longer queue times

That then becomes the downwards spiral towards less pvp, slower gearing, less people participating until finally, pvp dies. So, I will always be against splitting up queues.

Now, if you had suggested proper matchmaking for example, I'd be all for that. the game already tracks our stats. There is already a rating system. Just apply it to every single match there is and use it to balance teams as much as possible. It would take minimal effort but has maximum potential for balance. the biggest drawback is a carebear attitude: people dont like to be told they are crap, which is what a global rating would do. Still, I think most people would get over it very, very quickly.

But if your dead set on your ideals then watch you queue times reach to hours.

You misunderstand me. I PUG and would love a split queue.

But the DEVS have stated it's not gonna happen

Split queue is a delusion, a pipe dream, a hope with no future.

Edited by Veniras

Ranked makes more so it would only make sense Solo makes less.

Not worth.

As every attempt to make something more 'equal', this 'solo only we suck' que would cause full BiS augumented WH (soon EWH) to que just for funs and easy kills (since don't need comms any way)...

Very true, I just got so sick of hearing about the split que cry's I thought I would post on the only way it would work.

Splitting the queues will only result in one thing: longer queue times

That then becomes the downwards spiral towards less pvp, slower gearing, less people participating until finally, pvp dies. So, I will always be against splitting up queues.

Now, if you had suggested proper matchmaking for example, I'd be all for that. the game already tracks our stats. There is already a rating system. Just apply it to every single match there is and use it to balance teams as much as possible. It would take minimal effort but has maximum potential for balance. the biggest drawback is a carebear attitude: people dont like to be told they are crap, which is what a global rating would do. Still, I think most people would get over it very, very quickly.

Macth making is what I want and hoping for Cross server at some point.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.