how's the server after F2P?

JcPogi

it's worse.

the glimmer of hope that some childish souls held for free to play has flail'd and failed.

which preceeded their abrupt departure from this failing mmo, caused mostly by weak leadership and pathetic communication from its makers

EDIT: sorry i forgot to put as predicted

Edited by Jumpchan

You've got a little bit of a point telling him that because he could just login. but is it that hard to tell him that it still sucks and pops still take long?

Well 'Ray, if all these morons that were hoping that f2p would bring more players to our server logged in to the server to check it out, the server population would have increased, so I'd rather tell him to log in himself.

Well 'Ray, if all these morons that were hoping that f2p would bring more players to our server logged in to the server to check it out, the server population would have increased, so I'd rather tell him to log in himself.

I don't know what happened to you bro.. before you were a good player, cool guy but now, i think ur a total jerk! i really dont know what happened to ya. Is that the result of playing on a low pop server? Well, just move to Harbinger or whatever that will make you a nice guy again bro!

I don't know what happened to you bro.. before you were a good player, cool guy but now, i think ur a total jerk! i really dont know what happened to ya. Is that the result of playing on a low pop server? Well, just move to Harbinger or whatever that will make you a nice guy again bro!

mate I'm just telling it how it is. I know of at least 20 or so people who still play but on other servers, if they all came back that's a wz there in itself. You all keep waiting for the population to get better and you're hoping f2p would make it better yet you don't even log on during peak time when there's a decent flow of wzs.

I'm plenty nice to plenty of people, but I've always said it how it is. Why should I disrespect you with a lie? =]

mate I'm just telling it how it is. I know of at least 20 or so people who still play but on other servers, if they all came back that's a wz there in itself. You all keep waiting for the population to get better and you're hoping f2p would make it better yet you don't even log on during peak time when there's a decent flow of wzs.

I'm plenty nice to plenty of people, but I've always said it how it is. Why should I disrespect you with a lie? =]

He has a point, if everyone who played on other servers came back we'd have a damn awesome pvp server.

• 1 month later...

There is always a pre 50 running, i always do a /who everyday and check!

50 wz, does take a while before midday but after lunch they usually keep going until to about 2-3am in the morning. Once you get the rotation and get in the game, it's less than a minute pop for the next one!

3-4 months ago, it was a 30 mins wait time but since F2P came out, it's about 5 mins on average i find! If your a serious PVPer like myself, i can't stand the second delay playing on a US server, i prefer to wait 5 mins and get into a war zone with a good ping! Has anyone tried to pass a huttball on a US server?? it feels like 2-3 seconds compare to straight away on an oceanic server! stuff that...

-Overkills

since F2P, i have to admit the population has increased! The thing that killed the server was 3-4 months ago it took 30 mins for a wz pop, everyone left and went to the US servers.

We use to be lucky to get 50 on fleet at peak, now we get 100, it's growing, u can't say Master Dar'Nala is dying anymore! I just pray to god it continues or i'm going to unsubscribe!

Hey

Server is healthier than it was but far from what people have hoped for. I'd say the population is growing at the moment, several old face's have returned and others continue to resurface. Fleet has anywhere from 50 to 100 on both sides during peak time a large boost from the 30 - 50 we had before you left. Warzone pops are very frequent lowbie or 50 bracket and several ranked games happen everyday.

Overall population appears to have doubled, however new release games have been few and far between. March could be the death of MD if merge are not on the table by then.

F2P has done nothing to improve this server. This server has not been in a worse state. PVP and LFG queues are still far too long, there is barely anything on the GTN and fleet population is still a mere speck of what it once was and could be given the chance to merge servers. You certainly can't expect a system that limits the amount of times per week a player can use and enjoy the features to fix any of that.

I'm not saying that F2P was a bad idea, it has boosted the population to a small degree. But certainly not to a point where it has been overly beneficial to this server anyway. Saying otherwise is only encouraging Bioware to take even longer to merge our APAC servers to improve these population issues.

If f2p did anything for the population, it boosted the amount of bad players interrupting midian's all-day-every-day double premade schedule...

Nar but seriously, lots of bads around atm; was it like this during the period between gw2 and f2p dropping?

Well think about how many bads there was at the launch of the game when no one knew what they were doing... Oh wait you wouldn't have noticed cause you were one of them lol

So yeah these guys are fresh noobs and unless we tell them what we know they will stay like that or it will take some time for them to figure it out themselves

Well think about how many bads there was at the launch of the game when no one knew what they were doing... Oh wait you wouldn't have noticed cause you were one of them lol

So yeah these guys are fresh noobs and unless we tell them what we know they will stay like that or it will take some time for them to figure it out themselves

Nar there's still differences between launch bads and current bads; lots to do with the demographic. Also, the badness isn't exclusive to new players, but also manifests itself in players coming back since f2p dropped (inb4 prox is bad).

Regarding "teaching players", most competent players have tried with very little success. Lots of kids have bad attitudes to being told how to play, even if telling them such things (politely) will result in better outcomes and more fun for them.

Nar there's still differences between launch bads and current bads; lots to do with the demographic. Also, the badness isn't exclusive to new players, but also manifests itself in players coming back since f2p dropped (inb4 prox is bad).

Regarding "teaching players", most competent players have tried with very little success. Lots of kids have bad attitudes to being told how to play, even if telling them such things (politely) will result in better outcomes and more fun for them.

^ This.

How much of the "badness" has to do with gearing? I'd imagine quite a lot. You can make an argument about not playing the objectives or paying attention, but to be honest, if you're undergeared I can see how people would not have any motivation to even play for the objectives and instead try to farm medals so they can gear up faster.

The best way to do this is to recruit them into a guild and play with them. Of course whispering a noob or calling them out(with good advice) in general chat won't be as easily taken on compared to guildies who have been helping them lvl ect.

- I know this cause I started doing it myself, had 100+ newbies and just recently they have been hitting 50 so I que with them and 'make' them come on team speak lol and I also duel with them and give them more tips on how to kite me better depending on the situation.

More of this^ from everyone and the bads will be just as good as launch, i know its hard when all everyone wants to do is get the best ranked team now before R.A.W starts or the best raid team to attempt NiM EC but theres the work we have to do before that.

I know there will still be some bads, I've come across a lot of 12 year olds that just don't get it lol but then you know to leave them and let them do their own thing.