I'm a new player in some desperate need for credits

OGxNightHawkx

I'm not sure if this belongs here but I really need some credits for my trooper. being new to mmo's I spent way to many on stupid thing i dont need and now I can 't buy upgrades from my class trainer-- my trooper's name is oldishglory and any amount of credits donated to me through the mail would be greatly appreciated

If you really want some credits may I suggest a few pvp matches. Guaranteed at least 3k credits per match. Also try farming elites in the game. You get gear from them you can sell for credits or sometimes they just give credits. Pick up slicing. Lockboxes give you cash for your crew skills missions and you can slices nodes and boxes while exploring. More free credits. It's real easy to get credits in this game. Just gotta be willing to play the game. Edited by VigDiath

First off if you want money you're gonna have to say what server you're on

Second off, I'd recommend asking around in general on your server

Third off, having been selling junk, doing every available side quest and fighting effectively? (If you do all the above then credits shouldn't be an issue) :)

If your level is high enough (level 10 I think) you can queue for Flashpoints. There are plenty of good loot drops which you can use to upgrade your toon and sell the old ones. Also pretty good credit if you finish the run.

While sitting in queue, just run around and kill all the mobs. Target the elites or strong (silver) ones, they tend to drop more credits/better gear, which you can either use or sell for credits. Pick up all the junk and sell them, they help a little when you're broke.

If you can get a pack in the cartel market it may give you a credit boon. I got one and it gave me 30,000 credits on my The Harbringer Marauder. Hopes this helps you. I got it from then 180 cartel coins one

when leveling my toons, i found the best way to make money was, as others said, to do quests. you can also run slicing missions to get lockboxes. i wouldn't send your companions on other crafting missions though, as that can get expensive if you do too many in a short time.

Its easy to make creds i the game, but if you spend it wrong its also easy to lose it.

some tips:

-loot everything

-sell everything you loot

-put blues and higher quality loot up on the GTN

-dont do a lot of crew skills missions (at least until you know how much creds you earn from doing stuff)

-dont buy a lot of gear from the GTN, in fact you can get by without buying anything on the GTN at all

The main thing i think that gets new players is not looting everything and selling everything, even junk and white gear. And also once they discover the GTN it seems like most new players will upgrade gear all the time, or try and upgrade all their comp gear.

I think you mean. The Harbinger. and interestingly enough i play on The Harbinger too but i dont have any Rep toons. Empire Forever!

There is another faction? I thought there was only empire. Anyway, to the OP, stop buying stuff. You can level to 50 without spending 10 credits on anything but training. If you need money to train now(said you did) pvp is the way to go.

Edited by asciiadam
Typo

There is another faction? I thought there was only empire. Anyway, to the OP, stop buying stuff. You can level to 50 without spending 10 credits on anything but training. If you need money to train now(said you did) pvp is the way to go.

You will need money for starship fuel too.

First off if you want money you're gonna have to say what server you're on

Second off, I'd recommend asking around in general on your server

Third off, having been selling junk, doing every available side quest and fighting effectively? (If you do all the above then credits shouldn't be an issue) :)

This will also get you ignored. :(

Do the side quests. Do every single last stinking one of them.

Any loot not bound to you, and not an upgrade should go straight to the GTN. Do a search for similar items so you know how much to mark it up. You can almost always get more from GTN than you can from vendors.

Also, take 3 gathering skills. There is no way you can craft gear as you go. You'll get trash greens better than what you can make for free. I recommend not even bothering with crafting until you've got at least one toon to 50.

Scavenging, Bio-analysis, and Archeology. Slicing is ok, in place of Arch. I recommend the first two because, as you quest, you'll be killing lots and lots of droids and beasts. This gives you more materials to pick up and sell.

Mission skills are also good. The purple crafting materials from missions go for a premium, but are hard to get.

It might be more profitable sending companions out on gathering missions. Some low level mats are harder to find and can sell for the same prices as grade 6 materials! :eek:

Once you know what is in demand, keep those companions looking for that material. I discovered a grade 1 scavenged compound was difficult to find, so I kept them going on the same missions all day long while I leveled well past that zone, and ended up making over 100k.