SI into the pit

JamesEtc

hey all

trying to complete into the pit quest in the SI main story.

I have to kill Mutated Colicoid Broodmaster, im lvl 20 and the colicoid is 19. Yet i can only seem to get it down to half health due to the drone thing's it keeps sending out, anyone have any idea/solutions?

THis is the same point i got up to in the beta however i was only lvl 17 in the beta but i dont seem to be doing much better this time around.

take a friend if you REALY want to do it now. It's a lvl 19 elite aint it? And those Adds realy add some toughness into the mix.

I'd just do some other quests on Balmora before continueing onward with the main story.

yeah it is, ive done all the side quests apart from heroic.

Hmm ah well thanks for replying....

The best solution I found is to pull the thing back a fair distance from where it spawns, so as to make the adds take more time to get in range. A lightning strike and shock is sufficient to kill each one. It is extremely close, but possible. Don't forget to use Electrocute on the boss every time it is off CD.

At the bottom of stair case there is a box that explodes kill all the mobs around it clear the tunnle then pull the boss all the way back to that room then whenbthe adds finaly show up blow them up boss will die befor second wave of adds shows up

I did this today at level 20 and with Kehm.

I popped the use the force skill (forgot the name gives a min long of 2% hp).

When adds spawned I killed them instantly while Kehm tanked. Just go behind, maul a lot, and that was pretty much it for me, Kehm died at the very end but I did it. I used surging charge as my stance thing. I am deception.

I have a lvl 21 Assassin and I had the same problem.

I beat her yesterday using the pull strategy. You definitely have to pull her back into the hallway as far back as you can then dps with Khem tanking. When starting the pull, be sure to set Khem to passive so he can follow you out as well. When you are ready to dps set Khem back to attack. I mainly used Maul, Electrocute, Lightning and the Saber strikes to dps. Some adds still got through and I lost Khem but I still had enough strength to finish her off. I also recommend keeping a medpac just in case.

I did it with a level 17 assassin but yes its absolutely necessary to pull it in the hallway, i personally already had exploded the box so could'nt use it but it was pretty easy when you get at a point where you don't see where the colicoid spawn, impossible to do otherwise ~_~

What I had done (after dying 10 times), was use Khem Val and had him tank the beast while I stood behind Mauling her, when adds came up I focused them down (Assassin). It took me two tries with Khem Val and I kept dying when using the droid, his heals blew majorly. Oh and I stayed in the room where she spawns.

I'm not sure how Assassins get this completed, I was a bit overleveled for it and just spent most of the time throwing DoTs on it and healing Khem

It's...not "easy" but simple and not even requiring a medpack when done well. First attempt I tried ignoring the adds and letting Khem tank them. We both died but not before the broodmother was around 10%. Second attempt I decided to be smarter. I started using jolt on its casts, used electrocute early so I would have it again if needed. When it did manage to burrow (jolt on CD) I killed the adds. I think at the end Khem was nearly dead but I was around 40%.

This was as deception, fighting in the room. I think a lot of people overlook the fact that you can interrupt her.

Edited by Cinnagar

This was as deception, fighting in the room. I think a lot of people overlook the fact that you can interrupt her.

There's your winner right there. It's increadibly important to interrupt in most fights after you get Jolt. If you are having trouble on this then you are really going to need to work on learning to interrupt if you are going to be able to do the class quest at 40+

I agonized over this boss for a day or two. I was a level 19 Sorcerer, and it was a pain. I only barely made it by putting a Static Barrier over Khem while he tanked the god-forsaken thing, and murdered the adds as quickly as possible, as they distracted me from healing/protecting Khem. You have to interrupt and stun the thing a lot to have a chance, however.

• 4 weeks later...

Just done it at level 18 solo. Went like clockwork. Klled all in passage and room containing explosive (bottom of stairway). Set Khem to passive and pulled the boss then ran all the way to the explosive, stopped, set Khem to attack and hit the barrell.. boom!

Used maul from behind until it vanished to summon adds, started attacking it again same as before and finally adds got to my position so killed em all, still first wave.

By this time boss was flapping big time and although Khem got killed I managed to kill it with some health to spare, used a pot of course.

Job done, went to get the goodies and killed second wave of minions which were all stood around in loot chamber wondering what to do lol.

tbh it wasnt that hard but ONLY after I had read the tips here, tried three times prior to seeking advise and wiped fast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I'm 50 and this quest stands out as 1 of the 2 or 3 hardest quests in the whole story. I think I buffed like crazy--a well timed electrocute was important too I think.

Medpack Available, Endurance Stim, and use Channel the force.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.