How long until general chat is taken away from free players due to credit sellers?

JimG

The amount of credit selling spam in general chat the last few days is getting pretty ridiculous. Will BW pull the plug on general chat for all free players because of this? Doesn't seem they have any other way to regulate it as these people can just keep registering endless free accounts after they get banned.

The amount of credit selling spam in general chat the last few days is getting pretty ridiculous. Will BW pull the plug on general chat for all free players because of this? Doesn't seem they have any other way to regulate it as these people can just keep registering endless free accounts after they get banned.

Free players have like a minute long cooldown in chat. They write a line and have to wait a minute. If they purchase anything toward the game, then the restriction is removed.

Really? I havent seen a single one...

Only time ive ever seen a credit seller spamming the general chat was about a week after launch... and then a month later i got one ingame e-mail as well...

But thats it.

What server are you on?

Also, removing the ability for F2P players to speak on general chat would be a disaster.

Ya one tool with the same exact post on Jedi Convenant all yesterday morning too changed his name at least 3 times...

Reported and ignored, but the problem is... I have to do that 8 friggin times because we cant seem to have 1 Friends List 1 Ignore list account wide!!!

Do something BIOWARE, don't let this crap run rampant like that other company!

I have seen one or two since F2P and after reporting them and putting them on ignore the problem was solved.

Ya one tool with the same exact post on Jedi Convenant all yesterday morning too changed his name at least 3 times...

Reported and ignored, but the problem is... I have to do that 8 friggin times because we cant seem to have 1 Friends List 1 Ignore list account wide!!!

Do something BIOWARE, don't let this crap run rampant like that other company!

aye, a very good solution to goldsellers is an account wide ignore list ... i believe the ignore currently functions that the entire ignorees' account is ignored, not just that particular chacter. If that is true, and i believe it is, then i love it.

but having to listen to some racist shout stuff, put him on ignore and then log to another character and have to read it again, that is very annoying indeed.

as for the OP, i havent seen a single goldseller spam since the first week of launch. Red Reaper doesnt seem to be hit much by them. We all knew that F2P would bring the wow mentality/players to the game ... hence why i was personally so dead set against it ... increasing numbers of the servers has just made lag bad and players attitudes worse, but thats a different story eh.

Got one mail from a goldspammer .. just reported it, took the credit and deleted it.

Really? I havent seen a single one...

Only time ive ever seen a credit seller spamming the general chat was about a week after launch... and then a month later i got one ingame e-mail as well...

But thats it.

What server are you on?

Also, removing the ability for F2P players to speak on general chat would be a disaster.

one spammed the Pot5 server for 36 hours straight before he was removed(across two different accounts)

Got one mail from a goldspammer .. just reported it, took the credit and deleted it.

Nooooo! Never take the free credit from the "hello friend" mail. It's their way to check to see if your account is active. Ignore it and it gets returned to them so they believe your account is inactive,

But always report, of course :D

Edited by chimex

I haven't come across any gold-spammers on Red Eclipse (EU) - getting pretty sick and tired of all the racists and homophobes though ><

And I'm not just talking the 'regular-it's-just-something-gamers-say' kind (which is still wrong) - some of what's been in general the past few weeks has been beyond vile.

To be honest it would be a nice change to see a gold-farmer :cool: