Hazmat implant for Combat, need advice on stats balance.

Bughugger

I am a combat sentinel. My gear is optimized at the 61 item level.

This is my gear.http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/e8707c75-8bec-477b-9cd2-ea9ea6491243

I now have more than 350 BH comms, and would appreciate some advice on what implants to buy and how to rebalance my stats after this.

These two Hazmat implants are available, no power implant :( :

Hazmat Pummeler's MK-1 Package: 60 accuracy / 76 crit

Hazmat Pummeler's MK-3 Package: 60 surge / 76 crit

I think I'll take the MK-1 Package since accuracy is preferred over surge in combat and my crit multiplier is above the soft cap.

This is a before and after of my melee damage stats:

Before:

Damage (Pri) 1060.2 - 1229.2

Damage (Sec) 221.8 - 333.3

Bonus Damage 724.2

Accuracy 105.89%

Critical Chance 29.45%

Critical Multiplier 75.82%

After:

Damage (Pri) 1044.4 - 1213.4

Bonus Damage 708.4

Accuracy 107.39%

Critical Chance 32.18%

Critical Multiplier 73.64%

You can see my weapon damage decreases, my accuracy increases and crit rises above the soft cap while crit multiplier falls below the soft cap.

I have 4 molecular stabilizers so I can get an enhancement or mod to rebalance my stats.

I was thinking of:

Accuracy/Crit enhancement > Power/Surge enhancement

After implant + enhancement change:

Damage (Pri) 1055.0 - 1224.0

Bonus Damage 719.0

Accuracy 105.97%

Critical Chance 30.76%

Critical Multiplier 75.92%

In the end I will have lower weapon damage, more endurance, a bit higher accuracy and crit multiplier, and instead of below the crit soft cap I will be above it. Is this worth the lower weapon damage?

Or should I not rebalance and go with high accuracy instead of high power? But then how do I lower my crit and raise my surge? There are no quick ways to do this to my knowledge.

Or should I not get a hazmat implant at all?

Edited by Bughugger

since accuracy is preferred over surge in combat

Uh, what?

Accuracy over 100% is essentially a waste. Dump it.

It's bemusing that Accuracy is the only stat where the functional percentage actually matters, while everyone's trying to aim for crit chance and multiplier percentages, which don't really mean anything.

Edited by Aurojiin

Yeh great posts thanks.

hard to maintain balanced stats grrr

I bought the pummeler crit surge MKI-3 but now my stats are way wacked.

Just have to swap out some mods from crit surge to accuracy power.

Next I may try and get the foestopper Mk-1?

Ive heard 110 accuracy is optimal 10% toward enemy defense reduction

Update:

swapped out 2 mods and 2 enhancments from crit/surge to accuracy/power

huge difference in stats i was more screwed up than i realized.

buffed:

22k health (prefer 23k)

1100 max mh

600 bonus damage

99% accuracy (need a bit more)

35% crit (still a bit much?)

77% surge (still too muich)

I think i can do more though...

Have to hit the dummies again with Mox to measure dps again should be better, trying to keep it over 6 for 5 min

Also I like the 2 dread relics I think its energy or kinetic and elemental damage when equiped?

I think i lost some health when i did this swap for matrix cube relic thing.

What do you guys use?

Also I switched from combat to watchman a while ago but may switch back???

Ugh have to be patient and stop once in a while to spend some time to review all the gear and stats specs etc etc etc

OP how did you get 333 on OH weapon? and 700 bonus more power?

Edited by DelphinHunter

@Delphinhunter

-You should not focus on getting high endurance, always get high strength items, augment and switch guardian armoring (low strength) to might armoring (high strength).

- You will gain more crit with higher strength.

- As combat sent I would go back to 30% crit and add to power.

-The two people that responded to me also advise 110 accuracy, but for special attacks, so 100% for normal melee accuracy.

- Do pvp and get pvp (elite) war hero relics (as combat sent I always went for boundless ages). Should be easy to get in 1.6.

- Get all datacrons, companion affection buffs, use exotech might stims.

Edited by Bughugger

First thanks a million for this thread.

I count 53 individual items we have to manage for one toon. ugh.

Yeh I checked my offhand accuracy last night after EC and am thinking the accuracy above the soft cap of 100 may be appropriate for sentinels but havent looked into this yet.

Also this might contribute the reports of a missing 3rd strike damage in master stike as maybe the 3rd strike is with offhand weapon so the other 2 stike but 3rd one missed, but this doesnt make sense since the 3rd stike I believe is the most damage so it should be main hand? Either way mine was missing on dummy test befoer and its back now when Im testing. why I dont know, removed all gear replaced it, did ctrl U a 2 times, then last time i tested it was back?

Either way grreat idea on guardian armor vs might I havemnt looked at this. I had 2 Might armoring 27 made for belt and bracers but havent looked at all the black hole pieces istill have. Will do this tonight. Im interesterd to see the effect on crit. I know I have several BH armoring in cargo.... :)

I hear the Crit hard cap is 400 poiints now which comes out to like 37 percent???

Surge is 80%? hard cap

Other thing to consider is buffed vs unbuffed, as if buffed puts me over a hard cap then I ve wasted points?

Yeh my wife the healer/biochem makes all the awesome exotech stims and health packs for us for ops.

Yeh Ive heard and seen people use pvp relics, war hero or something have to look at that and compare to hazmat. ones. Are they on equp or use? Cant hurt to try both havent PVPed in awhile. (stupid Imps lol)

Thanks again great discussion.

PS after exchanging the 3 mods 2 enhancments the night before I was absolutely shredding last night :)

Edited by DelphinHunter

I feel like I've min/maxed my combat sentinel to the best that I can. My set up allows me to swap two adept enhancements for two initiative enhancements when I want to swap to watchman. If I really wanted to stick just to combat I would exchange one of the hazmat implants to a crit/surge one instead of crit/acc

Currently saving up daily coms for a proc relic.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/7024549c-3566-4f9c-82e8-c5a79dbae1d7

Edited by OMGitsCHARLIE