Getting Schematics with Underworld Trading

Lamorack

First, where is the search function? I don't see it anymore.

Whats up people. I heard you can schematics from underworld trading. I have mine at 161 right now and I've probably come across some already but I just wondered if anyone new if there were specific missions for them or if you just get random drops from a metals or companion mission.

Other question

Is anyone else broke from leveling their skills up so much? I play a jk guard and my repair bills are expensive so that's a major factor, but does anyone else have this problem?

In regards to your first question, I have no info because....

In regards to your second question, I learned while in beta the crafting quest can very quickly and easily eat away at your bank account. Therefore I don't do any of them early in the game until I have sufficiently bank rolled enough cash....especially saving for first speeder. All I will do is gather resources to keep that skill progressing. This being case though I've have Underworld training as one of my selected crew skills I haven't progressed far enough to be able to answer your main question.

You get schematics through quests for gifts/mats indeed. They are random, meaning you can get an cybertech schematic if you have synthweaving, and the item it crafts can even be restricted to a class in the opposite faction.

I'm 190ish in Underworld Trading and so far I have got only 1 (useless for me) schematic.

I've gotten a few schematics, but, of course, none of them was useful to me, although I could give my friend one. He has it too, so we trade whenever we get something like that from Slicing or Underworld Trading.

I think that for now, if you don't want to sell yours yet due to volatile prices, you could ask in chat if anyone wants to trade schematics. So far, I've been amazed how nice and helpful everyone is, so you'll probably find people to trade with.

I got one schematic for an orange (fully moddable) sith robe and was only around skill level 40 or so. Too bad it's synthweaving and I got amormech :-(

The mission was for a gift, but as people said it's probably random. I'll be keeping the schematic in my bank for now, since I have no idea what's it worth. And I might pick up synthweaving with an alt at some point …