Diminishing Returns on Expertise, Then Why Elite War Hero gear ??

uzebclub

I was wondering also and total expertise gain is ~100.

Main Hand

Off Hand

Wrists

Waist

have the xtra expertise.

Also interesting is that all the other stats seem to be a trade off. Stuff like less will power more endurance.

Armor rating for WH is 146, EWH is 150.

I can see getting some of the extra expertise and upgrading all armor mods to the 150s.

Looking more like a time and credit sink vs. any real gain on gear stats.

Edited by Quinlynn

Unless they change the curve for dimishing returns as part of the update.

What is the armor rating for those 27s? 152?

150 is the rating on 27s.

For the OP there isn't a diminishing return on Expertise until somewhere well beyond 1500+.

Looking at a graph: PvP Damage bonus increases, PvP Damage reduction starts curving around 700 Expertise, but still increases, and PvP Healing runs a flat line increase.

1390 is the current max on Expertise with full WH gear and crafted Bracer/Belt with WH Armoring pulled from OH Generators and WH Mods, and 1390 will be the Expertise max with Elite WH gear.

I run 1390 Expertise, which gives me:

* Damage Bonus: 25.22%

* Damage Reduction: 20.14%

* Healing Bonus: 14.00%

Edited by Ramtar

What am i missing here ? Anyone ?? :wea_07:

This isn't exactly a DR issue as much as an issue of some stats being more useful. a 1% increase in damage/mitigation doesn't stack up to a 2 or 3% increase in primary stat/endurance.

People will always min/max to get best returns and find the "Sweet Spot" between expertise and main stats.

This isn't exactly a DR issue as much as an issue of some stats being more useful. a 1% increase in damage/mitigation doesn't stack up to a 2 or 3% increase in primary stat/endurance.

People will always min/max to get best returns and find the "Sweet Spot" between expertise and main stats.

Advice is good when your running Ranked with boss healers in your group, but in a pug Expertise, IMO, should be maxed out.

No, because if you're already in the boat of less healers, having more of your main stat isn't going to make a bit of difference if you're already dead.

Not if you zerg the primary healer/PITA first.

I know one premade (4 man) on my server that rocks at this. Three Jedi Guardians/Shadows all leap to the same target and just blast people near dead with 3 5-7k smashes.