Preferred Status Players Increase in Quickbars

JovethGonzalez

Yeah. As down as I am on certain parts of the F2P model, the $60 that you'd spend on Guild Wars 2 will get you pretty much everything you could want as a Preferred player in SWToR.

Or will, once they update Preferred with more quickbars and character slots and all that, like they're planning on doing.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now to get this changes for F2Players, and maybe a headslot/unify colors with sprint on the side. One small step forward though, i guess.

Well, if they just give -everything- away, then there's no point in subscribing. I think that convenience-related limitations are a great way to entice people... brick walls to advancement (read: not being able to equip artifact gear, insufficient quickbars for all your abilities) are not. They're just frustrating. Still, a $5 purchase at some point after hitting level 25 or so (which is when you start feeling the need for those sidebars) to get the sidebars is not unreasonable.

As a subscriber that had to downgrade to Preferred status a day after F2P's launch due to credit card issues, I can tell you that the cosmetic limitations are a huge drive to resubscribe (I resubbed after 2 weeks, when my new CC arrived). They're lame, but they work. At the end of the day, the point is to entice you to pay, not to give you enough for free that you don't feel like subscribing is necessary; wouldn't be much of a business unless they found ways to monetize you.

Well, if they just give -everything- away, then there's no point in subscribing. I think that convenience-related limitations are a great way to entice people... brick walls to advancement (read: not being able to equip artifact gear, insufficient quickbars for all your abilities) are not. They're just frustrating. Still, a $5 purchase at some point after hitting level 25 or so (which is when you start feeling the need for those sidebars) to get the sidebars is not unreasonable.

As a subscriber that had to downgrade to Preferred status a day after F2P's launch due to credit card issues, I can tell you that the cosmetic limitations are a huge drive to resubscribe (I resubbed after 2 weeks, when my new CC arrived). They're lame, but they work. At the end of the day, the point is to entice you to pay, not to give you enough for free that you don't feel like subscribing is necessary; wouldn't be much of a business unless they found ways to monetize you.

Well Said, if you pay monthly you Should get bonuses that ftp does not get.