Sorcerer in PVP, Weak

SassyJaxy

Sorc dps- no burst, has to stand still often, very easy to interrupt, has to constantly move to survive, zero defensives, no CC break at all, force speed can be countered by just about anything, of all the mezzes we have the worst (only single target one, only one with a cast time), all our CC is now very short range, we have the least mitigation while also having the fewest abilities/talents that bypass/penetrate armour.

There- that is why we seem weak in pvp- we are.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you need healers in Warzones to help win but I never understood enjoying healing team mates over killing them. If you think Sith Sorcerers are weak in PVP think again. They fairly get good CC and push back abilities, with electrocute, overload and whirlwind to immobile more then one enemy. Force Lightning after pushing them back with say overload will make them walk slower back towards you. With combination of Static Barrier they get good defence from damage as you can cast this twice before it refreshes.

You complained about Healing Sorcerers with low DPS it makes sense to be around team mates that do big damage while you heal but for the life of me I don't know why you wouldn't go Madness spec over healing. To me healing is boring. You say Sith Sorceress suck in PVP, oh how wrong you are!

Skill Tree Madness will increase your damage over time abilities and at level 20 you get constant Force Lightning with instant cool down. Level 21 Death Field. Level 40 Creeping Down and a skill point to give a chance of instant Crushing Darkness or Lightning Strike after Force Lightning.

This is what you do. 1) Recklessness every minute. 2) Death Field. 3) Affliction on enemy. 4) CC with Electrocute and Whirlwind. 5) Force Lightning all the way once or twice. 6) Instant Crushing Darkness 7) Force Slow. 8) Overload to knock them back. 9) Force Lightning once or twice. 10) Lightning Strike instant.

I take down enemies really fast and usually land killing blow because of the small constant damage. They do heaps of burst damage and are really fun. If you are complaining that Sith Healers suck try Madness spec and once you hit level 40 then focus on healing tree to 55.

My Madness Sorcerer usually always gets in the top two or three or quite often first in Enemy kills and usually gets really good medals and MVP votes. Their Lightning also looks cool with the graphics of them cooler then Jedi Sage. So is you think Healing tree sucks try Madness spec you won't be sorry.

I know you need healers in Warzones to help win but I never understood enjoying healing team mates over killing them.

Are you really a Sorcerer? How can you not seeing the enjoyment of controling who lives and who dies?

It's all about Control.

Edited by Xeraz

Are you really a Sorcerer? How can you not seeing the enjoyment of controling who lives and who dies?

It's all about Control.

Nice Necro (directed at the post above yours, sorry.)

Also he needs to learn to heal himself to full.

Edited by AdrianDmitruk

Yes Bio-ware has officially stated that all Sorcerer Sage's are playing their class wrong and need to learn to Heal themselves to full. You will not be seeing any sibilance of class balancing. All you can do is bubble yourselves and heal to full. :(

Hey now, you can also Make Them Pay.

Those two videos will prove you wrong. Sorcerer are great in PVP!

Mudclot and Thurinlore are top-tier players who are so good they make the class look like it has no problems, but the truth is you can see the concerns of our top 3 questions pop up in their videos. No survivability, under pressure everything turns into how to escape, and look at the force management issues of Madness and Corruption. You may have to head over to twitch to really get down into it, but /mudclot, /thurinlore2 and /blowme069 are three of the channels to watch.