An in-depth look at: the Sith Emperor.(Spoilers)

Rayla_Felana

Not so fast! Your making a blunder that other's have already made. I theorized that this is the second incarnation of the Sith Emperor. Based on what Hall Hood said, that the Emperor may have died before. I believe after a 1000 years of sustenance through Sith rituals, his body finally died and he was forced to conduct an essence transfer to a new body. This body was the male human the Jk faced and effectively the Emperor himself but in a new body. What this also means however is that after the death of a body, the Emperor can survive. If you haven't given the interview a listen (the link is a few pages back) I suggest you do, so you can see where I'm coming from.

I think that would contradict the whole thing about him being alive for thousands of years. IF he is just transferring his essence form one body to another, that wouldn't really make him a special case, let alone the being to almost achieve immortality.

Still, what if the Sith Warrior will attempt (and succeed) to kill the Emperor while he is weak. What would happen in the empire and sith ranks?

In short, if the Emperor dies I see the Empire falling apart. As much as people like to think the Emperor is just this evil being who wants to consume all life in the galaxy(well he pretty much is :D), I think he is the only thing keeping the Empire together. The fear and obedience he commands, keeps the Sith at bay and also keeps the Empire citizens loyal. Without him there will only be chaos and destruction waiting the Empire.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that would contradict the whole thing about him being alive for thousands of years. IF he is just transferring his essence form one body to another, that wouldn't really make him a special case, let alone the being to almost achieve immortality.

Well he's been alive for 1300 years so it is possible it died after 1000 or so. And isn't essence transfer a form of achieving immortality? Its made clear by a lot of sources that he was close but not there. Living for a 1000 years is a pretty unique and impressive feat and many would call him immortal for that. And after a millennia being able to essence transfer and begin the process again pretty much makes you immortal. (Living for a long time alone isn't exactly immortality - Yoda lived for 900 years and Odun-Durr lived longer) After all what is a body to the Force? All that really matters is your essence inside. I'd say he still remains a special case, even Palpatine didn't essence transfer successfully, and certainly wouldn't have lived for a millennia.

I also get this idea from the whole thing about his ascension being 'inevitable'. Well its not inevitable if killing your real body is all we need to do to kill you. If he could survive by transferring his essence to a new one, this claim would make more sense. Voices afterall don't make you immortal at all, just ambiguous.

Well he's been alive for 1300 years so it is possible it died after 1000 or so. And isn't essence transfer a form of achieving immortality? Its made clear by a lot of sources that he was close but not there. Living for a 1000 years is a pretty unique and impressive feat and many would call him immortal for that. And after a millennia being able to essence transfer and begin the process again pretty much makes you immortal. (Living for a long time alone isn't exactly immortality - Yoda lived for 900 years and Odun-Durr lived longer) After all what is a body to the Force? All that really matters is your essence inside. I'd say he still remains a special case, even Palpatine didn't essence transfer successfully, and certainly wouldn't have lived for a millennia.

I also get this idea from the whole thing about his ascension being 'inevitable'. Well its not inevitable if killing your real body is all we need to do to kill you. If he could survive by transferring his essence to a new one, this claim would make more sense. Voices afterall don't make you immortal at all, just ambiguous.

Your point of view is good, but there is one problem. It was Darth Plagueis who stated that Vitiate was the closest one to achieving immortality. Сonsidering the fact that Plagueis hated essence transfer and thought it's not even close to real immortality(though he was able to do essence transfer just didn't want), we can say that he didn't mean it.

Your point of view is good, but there is one problem. It was Darth Plagueis who stated that Vitiate was the closest one to achieving immortality. Сonsidering the fact that Plagueis hated essence transfer and thought it's not even close to real immortality(though he was able to do essence transfer just didn't want), we can say that he didn't mean it.

Perhaps he was referring to his sustained age through use of sith rituals. Rather than his essence transfer, which must have been a second option/last resort after the rituals failed. So maybe he either didn't know about the essence transfer (no one seems to no much about the Emperor) or he considered essence transfer as a failure on Vitiates part and therefore said he was close.

Perhaps he was referring to his sustained age through use of sith rituals. Rather than his essence transfer, which must have been a second option/last resort after the rituals failed. So maybe he either didn't know about the essence transfer (no one seems to no much about the Emperor) or he considered essence transfer as a failure on Vitiates part and therefore said he was close.

That is a plausible theory, but dont you think its stretching it a bit too much? I mean we know that Darth Plagueis hated essence transfer, so if Vitiate used it, surely Plagueis would not have acknowledged his achievements. And about Plagueis not knowing about Vitiate using essence transfer, well from what I know Plagueis was one of the wisest and most knowing Sith to ever live. Meaning that the possibility of him not knowing about the Sith Emperor using essence transfer(especially since he hates the ability so much) is really small. All I am trying to say is that the things stated by Darth Plagueis also clash with you original theory.

So how many things is it now :D

-The mail from the Hand

-The SWToR Encyclopedia

-Thing stated by Plagueis

-Revan novel(in your theory, not really a big problem)

All I am trying to show you is that you original theory is just as problematic(if not even more problematic), than the opposite theory of the Sith Emperor being alive.

Edited by Eightus