Bought an ultimage gaming rig, and game is still laggy!

ZeusThunder

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- 24" Viewsonic flatscreen monitor

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- Memory with 12 gigabytes of ram power

- One TERABYTE Hard Drive

- BluRay player

- Foxconn power supply with 400 wattage

- Sound Blaster sound card

- GE Force GT 520 video card

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

Nice job Star Wars, you fail at making an MMO.

Whoa, buddy you got ripped sorry to say it but you did.

400W PSU? in a "ultime gaming machine?" Nah, I am running a 750W and my friend is using a 1200W.

Gt 520? thats a $50 video card. I am running a XFX 5870.

This has to bee a troll, or you are just not very good with pc hardware. I would be shocked if this system was at minimum specs.

This is what I got for $1,600, 2 years ago.

AMD 6 core

XFX 5870

750W PSU

two 500 gig WD HDD.

I forget the model of the Mb but it was a corsair.

8 gigs of DDr3 1066

G500 mouse and a nice KB.

a simple DVD player/burner.

cooler master storm scout case.

Coolermaster CPU cooler, with push/pull fan config.

120MM red led fan for the side case, and front.

And some other tid bits.

A Geforce 520 is rated to 155.5 GFLOPS.

My 3 year old 8800 GTS g92 I don't use anymore because it's too old gets 624.0 GFLOPS.

My current rig with 6870's in crossfire does 2016 GFLOPS each.

Now these are not the end all be all of graphics metrics, but it gives you a decent idea of how far down the totem pole you are. A top of the line 6990 from AMD will get you 5099 GFLOPS.

Basically, you are less than 5% of the way to an Ultimate Gaming Rig. You've got a word processor PC that can basically survive enabling Windows 7 Aero.

Edited by JetfireZ

In short, you were ripped off and over charged for a POS tower, and why in the world did you trust best buy in telling you what to buy? they get paid to make sales, if the smell a sucker they'll ride you. (this is not true of all best buys)

PS: don't pay for geek squad protection, they can barely fix even the simplest computer and will overcharge every step of the way.

Did you seriously just say he could use more then 12gigs of ram? Seriously, 12gigs is more then enough.

First: your problem was shoppping @ Best Buy.

Second: They hire anyone for Geek Squad (mostly kids that still think the WII is hardcore gaming)

You need to get you hardware from someplace else than a glorified Wal-Mart.

P.S. I built mine for less than $750..... my brain is my extended warranty, read a manual, build a system, have a good time....

Thought I'd donate to your wasted of time and money!!!

P.S.S I play on a 32" in 1080 and mirror on a 50" Plasma in 1080 for my son with 100+ FPS...

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Good chance you're bottle necking your graphics cards. You should consider switching over to a Core i series build if you've got the money, you'll probably notice a big incease in performance.

To give you perspective, the x6 1100T is the only AMD processor available that beats my year old 1st gen i7 (the 870) in benchmarks. AMD has absolutely nothing to compete with SandyBridge at the moment, and GPU technology has advanced far enough that even high end AMD's are bottlenecking the GPU.

I went sandy bridge at first. However it was right when everything was recalled, I couldn't wait til it got resolved. So I sent all my Pentium stuff back and then went with AMD.

I am going AMD from here on out TBH. Just personal prefence.

Edited by XOrionX

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Bestbuy and even setup by a Geeksquad computer expert:

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

So after getting a $1500 gaming computer ($2100 after signing up for the extended warranty and 2 years of Geeksquad protection) the Star Wars game is STILL laggy! Not only that, but it can take up to 40 minutes just to log in if I do it after getting home from work.

I've verified with the Bestbuy salesperson that this computer should speed up my game, and if it's not then it's Star Wars' fault.

lol poor poor you...

- Dell gaming mouse

- Windows Seven Ultimate

- Intel quadra processor

- BluRay player

You got ripped off.

That's a terrible video card.

Also, you guys having trouble logging in and logging out - its not the game. Its your god-awful computers.

I made a youtube video of me logging in and out.

My specs:

i5 2500k @ stock speeds, 8GB RAM, GTX 560ti 1GB card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJiQPGHwkY8

It's sad that so few have noticed he's obviously trolling.

These days i am not sure damn you have people complaining about that on opening days people are taking "the spot" they should have and when that ain't happening the rest of the off the people will have to leave

Special snowflake syndrom deluxe.

And yes i am on Legions on lettow server and i do have waiting time ...........

But i do expect just that this is not my first MMO

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.