New dread guard proc relic vs warhero relic

nbayer

Oh i wasn't thinking you were showing off. I just think your testing wasn't very well done. Oh and looking at that parse you were getting exactly 1 proc every 9 seconds. That put the proc as doing 29.9dps. If your tech crit is like mine at 37% and not 30% like the parse it should have actually done 31.1dps. At worse it can proc every 9.5 seconds for me. Using 9.5 seconds and 37% crit it comes out to 29.5dps. So i'll use 29.5dps as worse case scenario.

Now let me use my paperdoll and see what each of my abilites hits for when raising power by x amount. Also subtracting for armor, adding crit, etc, etc. This is just a quick napkin math so may be off a bit. I believe this is fairly close though.

47=18.8dps

73=29.2dps

97=38.8dps (Champion power relic)

113=45.2dps (WH power relic)

120=48dps (EWH power relic)

134.5=53.8dps (DG power on use relic)

18.8+29.5=48.3dps (DG Kinetic proc relic)

So if the above is correct in regards to damage with extra power. Also worse case scenario of proc damage. Then the proc damage relic needs to do 29.3dps or better to beat EWH power relic, which it does. But they are so close it really doesn't matter which you use. If you sim it the proc relic comes out even higher. Mainly because we're supposed to spam abilities and weave Hammershots in. So proc rate would be better. I don't do the hammershot weaving though. So it won't help me. So your play style will dictate which relic you prefer.

Arg, forgot to factor in CoF procs for Full Auto. I also left cast times at 1.5 and 3.0. So the Kinetic proc relic may need to do >30 dps to beat the EWH power relic. So you will need to proc it at every ~9.3 seconds or better. I'd call it every 9.2 seconds or better to be safe as my math is a bit off.

Edited by deadandburied

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, sort of. http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft-swtor/ You have to use the merc one. Which is close enough. But since they have an offhand it will proc the kinetic relic more than a commando. Cast times are not correct imo, which messes up the value of alacrity. It's still a decent tool though. I use it only to figure out power and crit ratios. Also max dps possible so i have a goal to shoot for even if i can't attain it. And like any sim it's a tank and spank fight and not really what your dps will be in game. But we already know that. Update the dps numbers using that tool if you can. Damage from power still looks a little low to me. You can probably manually add x amount of power. Although i haven't tried that. Edited by deadandburied