46 minutes till crash

salvadorellama

As the subject says...

I guess it took most new players approximately 46 minutes to get the game, get home, install, patch, and promptly crash the whole thing.

I remember logging into WoW on the release day (night) and didn't have any problems other than the starter zones being over crowded. I expected 7 years of technology advancement to help out in most respects.

Don't give us the "It's more popular than we expected" stuff. You had the pre-order numbers, you knew there would be a very high release night surge.

You dropped the ball.

Edit: I can't even load the server-status webpage. :/

Edited by salvadorellama

As the subject says...

I guess it took most new players approximately 46 minutes to get the game, get home, install, patch, and promptly crash the whole thing.

I remember logging into WoW on the release day (night) and didn't have any problems other than the starter zones being over crowded. I expected 7 years of technoogy advanced to help out in most respects.

Don't give us the "It's more popular than we expected" stuff. You had the pre-order numbers, you knew there would be a very high release night surge.

You dropped the ball.

you wer wrong been playing for over an hour now and no crash... this is bioware not world of fail craft

As the subject says...

I remember logging into WoW on the release day (night) and didn't have any problems other than the starter zones being over crowded. I expected 7 years of technoogy advanced to help out in most respects.

You dropped the ball.

Yeah, more people are buying this game than bought WoW, ever, and 99% or going to attempt to log on a midnight, except me, I logged off at 6 and don't plan on logging back in on Wednesday when the smoke clears. WoW was an unknown title by a company that had yet to produce an MMO, in a pre-WoW mmo world where it was still niche market. Technology or no, BioWare still has a finite amount of recources to build servers, and if that gets exceeeded, well, it gets exceeded.

I just did a few quests and was turning them in when latency spiked and knocked me offline. Now I get the message "Login service is currently unavailable". Tried logging on for 20 minutes. No success.

No problems (other than peak time queues) all through early access and I have an extremely good broadband connection, so I know the problem isn't on my end.

I remember logging into WoW on the release day (night) and didn't have any problems other than the starter zones being over crowded. I expected 7 years of technology advancement to help out in most respects.

/

Dozens of the launch day servers were shut down repeatedly in the first week of launch of wow. We netted probably 20 comp days in the opening 3 months due to the train wreck that was that release.

Well informed and well researched post. Thank you for the contribution to our community.

Let me explain how I know it's not my internet connection.

Type 192.168.100.1 into your brower for most cable based modems.

Login with the appropriate creditials (e.g. user/user)

Downstream = > -10dB Recieve Power Level (although positive numbers are best)

Downstream SNR (Signal to Noise Ration) = 35-50 dB

Upstream Transmit Power Level = <50 dbMv

If your modem is in those specs and you're loading webpages and streaming video, the problem is not on your end.

/endinternetlesson

As the subject says...

You dropped the ball.

I CALL BS , you sound like wow fanboi

if you were really there on 1st day of launch of wow then you would know EVERY SERVER was jam packed and crashing every few mins and people were ************ about it on forums

i logged into wow 3 hours after launch and it was like that for the WHOLE WEEK.

Dozens of the launch day servers were shut down repeatedly in the first week of launch of wow. We netted probably 20 comp days in the opening 3 months due to the train wreck that was that release.

he is right, the OP is lieing peice of $@#%#$%#$

i am reading these forums today and the WOW FANBOIs are out in packs and trying to discredit the game and spread false rumors

JUST like they did in EVERY OTHER MMO launch in recent times :mad:

Edited by rtseven

So, things happen, you will be okay. You will also still be playing tomorrow or whenever your server comes back up. No one can ever predict how many people will slam the servers when a game launches. You are missing out on like 1/10000000000000000000000000 of playtime and that's it. Honestly, if you are really upset about something that happens everytime a popular MMORPG launches I don't see why you even try. WoW was a complete mess the first several months not just the launch day. You are lying completely about WoW launching so smoothly. This is a minor, minor, minor, minor hiccup in a great game's legacy. This game has been so smooth to play for seven days now. Lag will happen, crashes will happen. Both these things will always happen around launch days and patch days. If you cannot deal with this go play a single player game. This always happens with MMORPGS plain and simple dude.

As the subject says...

You dropped the ball.

I guess you weren't there cuz wow crashed alot in the beginning, not going to say your lieing but the facts are fresh in the minds of us that were there.

Name calling and harressment will be flagged.

That being said, since I was kicked off the server almost an hour ago, I can't even log back in to server selection (login server is down) and the server-status website is down.

I suggest everyone re-read the ToS for posting on forums before throwing crap around the forums.

I guess you weren't there cuz wow crashed alot in the beginning, not going to say your lieing but the facts are fresh in the minds of us that were there.

Oh yeah, I'm totally lying about that. *rolls eyes*

If I was really going to lie about something I'd say I was still too young to play MMOs when it came out and much better looking than I really am.

As the subject says...

You dropped the ball.

You probably personally crashed but the game didn't. Also I dont know what wow launch your talking about...hell WoW was hell for me..it was nothing but Queues, crashing, stuck in loot mode, and a TON of lag. WoW launch was terrible...though compared to some games before and after it..it wasn't all that bad. Still...This launch has been way smoother.

Oh yeah, I'm totally lying about that. *rolls eyes*

If I was really going to lie about something I'd say I was still too young to play MMOs when it came out and much better looking than I really am.

You should be in the funnys lol too funny.....:D