[MVP] Has Lost It's Meaning In [PVP]

DkSharktooth

1) +1 WZ Comms For MVP? Why Am I Even Trying?

2) MVP Lost it's meaning in PVP. It should either be renamed +1 for my friend or changed to actually give the player who received the most MVP votes a decent bonus of more than 1-2 wz comms. There is nothing more frustrating than insufficient rewards in this game.

3) If you don't like those 2 ideas, the MVP system still needs a lookover. Maybe even automated MVP Votes based on certain criteria.

For those who did not know:

MVP = Most Valuable Player

/Discuss

Edited by DkSharktooth

2) MVP Lost it's meaning in PVP. It should either be renamed +1 for my friend or changed to actually give the player who received the most MVP votes a decent bonus of more than 1-2 wz comms. There is nothing more frustrating than insufficient rewards in this game.

/Discuss

Because the real MVP is the one who receives the most votes?

... right

MVP = Most Voted For Player, that is it. Half the time premades are all 1 1 1 1, so MVP is the guy that gets 2? Give me a break.

Edited by AsiriusNazriel

Thats actually his point.

Thank you for showing up hater !

No, if you look at his point #2, he wants the person with the most MVP votes to get a significant bonus to WZ rewards...

Now how is that fair in the context to what he, the OP, said... OR... what I said?

I'm not hating, it's just silly to give extra rewards based upon an MVP voting system that the OP is claiming to be invalid.

So what? If the system is broken we should use it to give out BIGGER rewards? What kind of logic is that?

I've never cared about the rewards of MVP. What I do care about is the appreciation that I was the solo healer that pulled 800k+ healing and got 0 MVP votes. Yeah me extending your life so you can enjoy the game more should garner a vote or two. Sometimes I get more than I feel I deserved based on name recognition but it makes up for the times I get 0.

I've never cared about the rewards of MVP. What I do care about is the appreciation that I was the solo healer that pulled 800k+ healing and got 0 MVP votes. Yeah me extending your life so you can enjoy the game more should garner a vote or two. Sometimes I get more than I feel I deserved based on name recognition but it makes up for the times I get 0.

And me as the tank who was guarding you and peeling and generally causing pain for anyone who got near you, thus helping you to get that 800k+ healing... I get nothing also. It all went to that top DPS girl. :D

imo a good player needs no recognition, if you;re good and know it, you dont need other people telling you what you already know.

And me as the tank who was guarding you and peeling and generally causing pain for anyone who got near you, thus helping you to get that 800k+ healing... I get nothing also. It all went to that top DPS girl. :D

9/10 I give my vote to the tank guarding me, but don't think that I need a tank to get 800k+, just nice when I do. ;-)

3) If you don't like those 2 ideas, the MVP system still needs a lookover.

/Discuss

The reason why it does not have a meaning is, if it had, people, who, are playing certain classes, would come here and complain how they are never getting the MVP because their class cannot perform well enough for others to notice their numbers.

They would complain about healers getting all the votes. On other servers they would complain about 'nubs' giving votes to guy who did the most of the damage. Tanks would complain too, because they would only get the vote from their healer. Thing is, the guy, who maybe won the game (that stealther there who ninja capped and stayed stealthed to interrupt) would have no medals to be noticed and given MVP to.

Pheww, you see...many problems and materials for forum QQ and 'gg, bioware' threads. :p

I'd like the game itself to decide its own top 2 or 3 MVPs on its own, and remove player voting all together.

I'd suggest some sort of automated system that selects the player with the highest score for each individual category and give them the point. Also make there be a minimum requirement, so if the whole team stinks no one gets an mvp.

I'd suggest some sort of automated system that selects the player with the highest score for each individual category and give them the point. Also make there be a minimum requirement, so if the whole team stinks no one gets an mvp.

Right thats basically what I'm talking about. Have 3 auto-mated MVP Votes. No more player voting.

Have 1 for DPS 250k minimum

Have 1 for Protection 50k minimum

Have 1 for Healing 250k minimum

- with objective points and medals also adding to your voting stat potential or tie breaker.

If you can't reach any of those, you dont get entered into the MVP voting. And if you happen to have top dps and top protection, then you have a chance to steal both MVP votes.

Edited by SOULCASTER

lol we did a small scale one over the weekend but it was just like 4 of us, planning a nice big one this Friday though :D

MAKE SURE YOU RECORD IT AND I WILL VOTE YOU MVP MANY MANY!!!!:D:D:D on a more serious note, mvp on my server means squat too. you usually get the premades that vote for their own, or the ones that just do it randomly.

The reason why it does not have a meaning is, if it had, people, who, are playing certain classes, would come here and complain how they are never getting the MVP because their class cannot perform well enough for others to notice their numbers.

They would complain about healers getting all the votes. On other servers they would complain about 'nubs' giving votes to guy who did the most of the damage. Tanks would complain too, because they would only get the vote from their healer. Thing is, the guy, who maybe won the game (that stealther there who ninja capped and stayed stealthed to interrupt) would have no medals to be noticed and given MVP to.

Pheww, you see...many problems and materials for forum QQ and 'gg, bioware' threads. :p

Well that is why this manual voting system can use an upgrade to automatic if BW can figure a good system out for it.