Infiltration Accuracy question.

EternalMizer

I'm getting mixed signals on the accuracy I would like to target on my infiltration shadow. I'm currently going for 100% accuracy for melee, but I'm hearing that 105% accuracy will actually be a large dps gain for me since most of my hits are weapon damage. The exceptions being Force Breach and Project. What say you fellow shadows, where does your opinion sit?

I'm running PvE with 99.89% melee and 109.89% force.

I have tried to swap an Initiative Enhancement for an Adept Enhancement to increase my surge. The Accuracy fell down to something around 97% and Surge near 78%.

I was thinking: Oh, everyone is fine now, 97% should be enough and surge is not away from DR cap, taking the companion bonus in consderation. Then I ran two nights of operations with the same group I was used to ran and was suffering to keep myself on the top of the Raid Damage Dealt chart, even knowing that I was still using a Columi hilt against 61 hilt/barrel geared players.

I checked the parse later and noticed that I was missing Saber Strikes (not so bad, force fillers, low damage) and some Clairvoyant Strikes and Shadow Strikes.

I came back to 99.89% Accuracy and 75.82% Surge. A new parse showed me that the CS/SS misses were gone. It's not a big deal to miss a few of them, but every damage is important.

I have no idea about how many accuracy is needed for PvP, I'm still trying to get my full War Hero set before starting to min/max.

Edited by AlbViana

Still seems like the consensus is to not go above the 100% melee cap, then. I dropped my accuracy down to 100.8%, and my dps has increased. More-so just because I'm upgrading 58 mods to 61 mods than the accuracy issue, but I think that the 105% accuracy could show decent numbers for armor piercing against op bosses for pve. Possibly comparative to 100% accuracy with same gear level. Sucks I don't just have the bh comms or a group that can clear EC/TFB HM to be able to test all this easier, and answer my own question, lol.

I think that the 105% accuracy could show decent numbers for armor piercing against op bosses for pve.

I find it vastly amusing that people are still spouting this off, nearly a year after the game was released. Accuracy beyond what is needed to achieve a 100% hit rate does absolutely nothing. It was only at an early stage in the beta that it did, and it hasn't since. Not once in the entire 11 months that people have been playing the release version of this game has accuracy had *any* connection to armor penetration.

The only thing that accuracy above 100% does is reduce the target's Defense chance, if any, by the exact amount of accuracy overflow. *That* is the "reduction in defense" described in the accuracy descriptor, not any armor penetration or what have you.

You could've just clarified that it was the defense chance instead of armor pen. Other than that, I made a mistake in saying armor pen. I did mean Defense as a whole, not just the defense chance. So I was apparently wrong in either case, and I'll leave it at that. I drop my curiosity towards this question now, and my want to test it out. Edited by EternalMizer