Greatest Force User Duelist

theUndead

Any way you ask the question, the answer is Luke Skywalker. He's incredible with a lightsaber as well as his tremendous force power. Pretty much taught the entire New Jedi Order to fight with lightsabers, and they are regarded as the best in canon.

I think the better question is who is best if you take the untouchable two out of the equation.

I would rank Mace Windu really high along with Yoda. Those would probably be my top two after the untouchables.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luke's life is pretty much covered. I think the only thing that isn't covered is his childhood, but there really isn't much excitement to be had then. :p

I'm hoping they borrow some story elements from the EU, but it seems most likely that they will either start shortly after ROTJ or make movies thirty years later so they can use the original actors.

Well the part of Luke's life that isn't covered is his death, since that has specifically been off-limits. The current timeline with the Abeloth stuff is like 45 ABY, right? That makes Luke 64 years old. He supposedly dies sometime before 137 ABY. We don't know if he was super old at that point or died at 75 like a normal human.

I can't see them going anywhere near there, though. I think the time period will be when Luke, and Han and Leia are in their 50s and the younger generation is serving as the main characters. I'd like to see a ride and fall of Darth Caedus story somewhat re-worked from the current one, but I don't know if they will do that or not.

Well the part of Luke's life that isn't covered is his death, since that has specifically been off-limits. The current timeline with the Abeloth stuff is like 45 ABY, right? That makes Luke 64 years old. He supposedly dies sometime before 137 ABY. We don't know if he was super old at that point or died at 75 like a normal human.

I can't see them going anywhere near there, though. I think the time period will be when Luke, and Han and Leia are in their 50s and the younger generation is serving as the main characters. I'd like to see a ride and fall of Darth Caedus story somewhat re-worked from the current one, but I don't know if they will do that or not.

Yeah, Luke's death is off-limits so the only other part not covered, I think, is his childhood. Which is fine because he isn't really doing anything notable during that time.

A Darth Caedus movie would be interesting, but I don't think they would do it. I would love to see book adaptations for the movies, but it probably won't happen.

Yeah, Luke's death is off-limits so the only other part not covered, I think, is his childhood. Which is fine because he isn't really doing anything notable during that time.

A Darth Caedus movie would be interesting, but I don't think they would do it. I would love to see book adaptations for the movies, but it probably won't happen.

I do think they will set the movies in that time period (older Luke, Leia and Han, story focusing on Solo kids), but my guess is they will change the story completely and throw out the old EU timeline.

I do think they will set the movies in that time period (older Luke, Leia and Han, story focusing on Solo kids), but my guess is they will change the story completely and throw out the old EU timeline.

That seems most likely. Which can be good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

It has to be Mace Windu doesn't it? I mean he beat Sidious 1v1 and would have killed him if Anakin hadn't taken the cheap shot. Not even Yoda beat Sidious and Luke didn't either as Anakin again took a cheap shot and killed Sidious.

Luke did beat Sidious(in the EU), who at the time was far more powerful then he had been before. Luke is the strongest jedi out of them all.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Luke did beat Sidious(in the EU), who at the time was far more powerful then he had been before. Luke is the strongest jedi out of them all.

If I remember correctly Luke did take Sidious(Palpatine's) hand in the fight so I guess that is true. I just don't put to much into the EU stuff. It is very enjoyable but I tend to stick more to GC.

A pure duelist, strictly lightsaber dueling, is not possible. The Force is always in play. So the answer to your question is Luke Skywalker.

What if we're talking non force user opponents who use melee weapons? like general greivous, from this game the morgukai, and the emperors imperial guard? All those are none force users and unless you're at the top of your game with the lighsaber they'll give you a run for the money

What if we're talking non force user opponents who use melee weapons? like general greivous, from this game the morgukai, and the emperors imperial guard? All those are none force users and unless you're at the top of your game with the lighsaber they'll give you a run for the money

Yes there are non-Force users who could give some Jedi a run for their money, but they aren't even close to getting the top spot. They'll give the rank and file Jedi Knight or Padawan a good run, but Jedi Masters are a cut above. Even Grievous has difficulty taking on the very best.

Yes there are non-Force users who could give some Jedi a run for their money, but they aren't even close to getting the top spot. They'll give the rank and file Jedi Knight or Padawan a good run, but Jedi Masters are a cut above. Even Grievous has difficulty taking on the very best.

Kir Kanos was one.... ok, he and Grievous are the only two I can think of, right now.

Kir Kanos was one.... ok, he and Grievous are the only two I can think of, right now.

I forgot about Kir Kanos lol. The number of non-Force sensitives that can best a Jedi Master is very slim. It takes some exceptional skill to do that.

...Or just plain old luck lol :p

Edited by Aurbere

I forgot about Kir Kanos lol. The number of non-Force sensitives that can best a Jedi Master is very slim. It takes some exceptional skill to do that.

...Or just plain old luck lol :p

You realize that Kir Kanos is kind of like Kyle Katarn.... without the Force.... or the Beard.... so he's like a pre-beard Chuck Norris. Still a bad***, but not completely cool yet.

You realize that Kir Kanos is kind of like Kyle Katarn.... without the Force.... or the Beard.... so he's like a pre-beard Chuck Norris. Still a bad***, but not completely cool yet.

He ain't got dat swag! :cool: lol

Slap a beard on Kir Kanos and we're good. :)

Kyle Katarn versus Kir Kanos in the ultimate battle of cool :cool:

Edited by Aurbere

Maybe General Grievous.

Def not Anakin since Obi told him that he had the higher ground and he jumped at him anyway.

EDIT: Im not counting all that after the movies stuff. I dont think that should count. Im just going by what I've seen.

Grievious almost killed Obi (had to resort to a blaster to kill him).

Edited by KrizDaWiz

Where do you guys get your canonical information anyway?

- I haven't read up much on the time after the episodes, just played the games and seen the movies, and I'm not sure I quite get it with the midiclorians and whatnot.. Anakin was supposed to have an extreme aptitude to the force but he never seemed to reach that line. And then Luke outdoes that extreme attunement with a minimal training:confused:, no I don't get it.

I'd go for Tulak Hord.. As Kreia said to the jedi exile in Kotor2, they were playing with toys in comparison to Tulak Hord in case of lightsabers, and the Exile was probably Revan's equal which in turn rivals the later era force wielders, right?

Edited by cirruz

Where do you guys get your canonical information anyway?

- I haven't read up much on the time after the episodes, just played the games and seen the movies, and I'm not sure I quite get it with the midiclorians and whatnot.. Anakin was supposed to have an extreme aptitude to the force but he never seemed to reach that line. And then Luke outdoes that extreme attunement with a minimal training:confused:, no I don't get it.

There was more to it than that. Luke later got brief training from others like Sidious and C'baoth. He also practiced constantly, studied old text concerning forgotten techniques, etc. He traveled a lot too, learning from the Aing-Tii and who ever else. Not to mention he had Anakin's potential power, except he achieved it.