New canon info from lucasarts on lighsaber crystals/colors !

Lord_Karsk

I think this refers to during, and before the clone wars. Ilum has been in the lore for a long time.

Still, even after the fall of the empire I am sure that Ilum still exists. So, are you saying that there would be a reason that Ilum does not still exist? That breaks lore.

This sort of thing is also in many EU stories including KOTOR II, SWTOR, and Empire At War Force of Corruption..

This is canon. Get over it.

Edited by EnsignSorrow

Color crystals are canon. Y'know, the crystals that dictate which color the lightsaber blade is? Blue, Red, Green, Orange, Yellow, Purple, Pink? All of them are color crystals, even in SWTOR, it's not just a game mechanic. The changing of colors to attune to a force user is a retcon, even if only on Ilum since we have seen in the Clone Wars mini-series, y'know, the animated series that came out before EP3? Yeah, in that series the Temple on Ilum was shown when Count Dooku attacked it. Bariss Offee and Luminara Unduli were there to defend it and we are SHOWN Blue, Green and even a few Purple crystals in the background.

The new information about a crystal being attuned to a Jedi when it is being built is new. Up until this point, the only Crystal types that have been shown to change color according to Force attunement have been Synthetic Crystals that are mostly used by the Sith. I shared a link to such a crystal in the second post of this thread. These crystals are artificially made, not natural formations in the ground. This new information suggests that Synthetic Crystals and the Kaiburr crystals on Ilum are one in the same.

So in reality, it is not actually fully established canon before hand. It is now, a slight retcon. We still don't know to the full extent that this change reaches.

What some of you need to understand is the the movies and TCW are the highest canon ! period end of story. :)

Sith Get their crystals from another place, maybe a dark nexus cave or something lucasfilm will establish in

a later episode or the movies.And it clearly say green/blu for the most part 99% i'm guessing and a rare another

color like Mace got a purple. Now why would a jedi change colors later when the force gave him a color ?

Thats right a jedi would stick by it as it was the will of the force.And Sith use red and only red because red

as we know stands for passion, anger, blood, agression etc. That is canon.And it a hell of a lot better then dumb games like this were on buys a crystal from some vendor for credits lols.But this game is just a game were

nothing is canon what so ever only the novels surounding the game.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Ok, now for the vision impaired...

This is NOT a retcon on COLOR CRYSTALS. This IS a retcon on KYBER CRYSTALS.

There. :)

Considering "color crystals" don't exist outside of Star Wars video games, since color is a function of the crystal inside the hilt, I'd say you're correct. It's not a retcon of color crystals. It is, however, a retcon on lightsaber crystals.

"It's a lightsaber--not a mood ring."

Couldn't lightsabers have more than one crystal?

Anyways as much as it seems to be an attempt to retcon focusing crystals that give a lightsaber its color, this idea really doesn't sound all that plausible.

Colorations are part of the basic make up of crystals and gemstones, it's the impurities in them that give them the color, and/or the elemental structure they consist of.

Now I know this idea sounds really cool and all, but this is kinda silly.